Deleted

Gamer with no brains for computing LF help (possible upgrades for pc)

As the title describes, I have absolutely no clue about computers and its hardware.
    I am tho, looking to upgrade some of my hardware on my pc, after it being 2.5 years old
    The list below is how my setup currently is, this is literally copy-pasted from my invoice I got.

- Antec TruePower New 650W ATX
    - ASRock X58 Extreme LGA1366 Intel X58 SLi CFX PCIe DD1R3 ATX
    - Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz LGA1366 8Mb Boxed
    - Scythe Mugen 2
    - Corsair XMS3 Triple 12GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9
    - 2x ASUS ATi Radeon HD 5850 PCIe 1GB HDMI Dual DVI
    - 2x WD Caviar Green 10EARS 1.0TB S-ATA II 64Mb
    - Samsung SH-S223L DVD±RW S-ATA LS 22x bulk black
    - Apacer Embedded Card Reader 16-in-1 USB2.0 Black

And this is my case: Antec Dark Fleet Series DF-30 Black No PSU

The whole reason behind the upgrade is:
    Well, it's time for some upgrades, but i'm hoping to fix this:

I've got speedfan, but i hvnt got a clue what pc part that that temperature stands for (i know, slap me in the face).
    And with upgrading my hardware, i hope that this weird lag, (http://youtu.be/4D-FZMou06k) that starts suddenly, also get's fixed.

I know it aint my internet provider, because we recently switched, and still the same issue.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I also got a Windows 8 ready to install, would it be smart to wait till i'm doing my upgrade? Or doesnt it rly matters, as is, it wont make any of my problems worse or better?

Oh, and yes, my drivers are up to date
    Last edited by mmoc8e6796b678; 2013-01-29 at 05:50 PM. Reason: see 'edit'

You could use HWMonitor for a better layout of system temps.
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

124c... That doesn't look right. o_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post

hmm wasn't that one usually a sensor error? (because there isn't a single piece of hardware with such temp)
    as for the lag can you observe any drops in fps?

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    hmm wasn't that one usually a sensor error? (because there isn't a single piece of hardware with such temp)
    as for the lag can you observe any drops in fps?
    I was thinking the same, which is why I suggested HWMonitor anyhow. It's easier for the OP to understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post

Okay, this does look better, i think...
    http://tiny.cc/6gtorw

But still wanna upgrade stuff

As for the lag, i dont know if it's either the ingame fps counter not updating, but sometimes im having this lag when even still above 60 fps,
    other times, it does drop under 15-20. I dont know if this timer based, but it usually happens around 22.00 aswell..
    And it get's from bad to worse over time, untill i restart my pc, a whole restart isnt needed, if i just log out of my account, and back in, it's sorted. But it stays in the same pattern you see in the video.
    Last edited by mmoc8e6796b678; 2013-01-29 at 07:27 PM.

Are those temps for idle?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Are those temps for idle?
    At the time i took the one from speedfan, yes. The one recently from HWMonitor isnt, running wow atm.

Deleted
    first off in what aspect do you want to upgrade, raw performance or overall faster pc?
    secondly, budget.
    thirdly would you consider overclocking your current and/or upgrade? (it´s pretty simple with lots of online guides for it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    first off in what aspect do you want to upgrade, raw performance or overall faster pc?
    secondly, budget.
    thirdly would you consider overclocking your current and/or upgrade? (it´s pretty simple with lots of online guides for it)
    As for what aspect, i rly just want my pc to run my games smooth, with every graphic setting on max again (used to be able to do that with this pc untill recently for some reason..), Possibly even recording full screen with fraps again without affecting my gameplay too much.
    Budget isnt exactly a problem, i woulnt say higher then 700-800 tho..
    Overclocking, as long as it doesnt fuck up things, yes.

Deleted
    Mijn Configuratie
    € 770,90*

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
    2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, SLI 1 x € 294,-*

OCZ VTX4-25SAT3-128G
    SATA/600, Vertex 4 Series, MLC, AES, ECC, Zwart 1 x € 107,90*

GA-Z77X-D3H/i5-3570K/8GB
    Moederbord, CPU, Geheugen 1 x € 369,-*

you could reuse your current cooler if you got the bracket for it else you could buy a new one something like a NH-D14 and never worry about temps on the cpu ever again.

after that you could also resell the replaced parts to make the upgrade cheaper or use it to up the budget further whichever you prefer.

Deleted
    Oh okay ty, any other suggestions?
    I also need to add that the budget. I hvnt got a clue if its too less or overkill tbh. If you'd say that I need to spend more to get what I want. Or if its okay to spend less. Then, feel free.

Edit: also, because the update might not be for the first coming weeks, but just to be sure; it won't hurt if I would install my windows 8 allready on my current PC right? Or does it sound a but unnecessary if I'm upgrading soon anyway?
    Last edited by mmoc8e6796b678; 2013-01-29 at 10:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    Oh okay ty, any other suggestions?
    I also need to add that the budget. I hvnt got a clue if its too less or overkill tbh. If you'd say that I need to spend more to get what I want. Or if its okay to spend less. Then, feel free.

Edit: also, because the update might not be for the first coming weeks, but just to be sure; it won't hurt if I would install my windows 8 allready on my current PC right? Or does it sound a but unnecessary if I'm upgrading soon anyway?
    with the parts i linked you'd should be able to hit ultra with decent fps (40-50 depending on how high you can overclock the cpu but that shouldn't be too hard)
    best to resell old parts in order to get some money back on the upgrade unless you like to keep them around as spares.