Diablo 3 Survival Mode

I am sure other people have had this idea however I really think to further add more replay-ability outside the regular experience of the game they should create Survival maps where you are thrust into an arena with endless waves of monsters that gradually get harder and harder with some kind of reward system. This could add a lot more and give an alternate far more difficult but guaranteed way of getting gear drops (maybe some sets) of course it would be far harder thus yield better rewards for hard work put in.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2013-01-29 at 07:58 PM.

Ehh... I agree with you. If they were to do this though, they should first get the PvP thing situated. Then do a game mode similar to this.

So you want a system where instead of running through maps to obtain rewards you can just stand still instead? because that's what medium-high end geared characters would end up doing in such an arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that if it's worth your while in terms of items or whatever then everyone are
    just gonna sit farming it holding right mouse button down while watching the Simpsons and
    if it's not worth your while no one is going to bother with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who played Runescape years ago (or still do maybe)?

Sounds like that place you could go underground and fight various fire creatures in some fiery land in an arena and get some kind of onyx emblem if I remember (thinking back like 6 years) to get gear.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    The problem is that if it's worth your while in terms of items or whatever then everyone are
    just gonna sit farming it holding right mouse button down while watching the Simpsons and
    if it's not worth your while no one is going to bother with it.
    I'm talking unique bosses and enemies that create a challenge beyond the regular game, these would be arenas and you would also have to use the environment in many cases to aid you in being successful.

I'd actually love that. Reminds me of SuperSmashTV, if anyone likes the retro games

Deleted
    Barbarian -
    Use stickytape, Stick down Whirlwhind, Stand at top of mound, go AFK for 2-3 hours come back loot.

As a barbarian I approve of this game mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing people saying hold down a button and go AFK. But that's only if its white monsters.

How about it's white monsters for the first few minutes, then it goes into the nightmare type Elites that have 1 ability. After 5 min or so if goes into the Nightmare difficulty and the Whites get tougher and the Elites get 2 abilities. Again 5 mins go by, and the difficulty goes up again to Hell, Elites now have 3 abilities. Inferno comes around and Elites have 4. Once to Inferno start adding the MP style ratios. Mobs start to get more health and deal more damage. If that won't end it then the floor starts to go damage if you walk over certain areas like on Butcher. Or the floor falls away making the general area smaller for you to work with. The longer you last the better the loot and more of it you get.

That's just some ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamidiaa View Post
    I'm seeing people saying hold down a button and go AFK. But that's only if its white monsters.
    People with the right gear can already easily do this to ALL of the monsters in MP10.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    People with the right gear can already easily do this to ALL of the monsters in MP10.
    Yes, but that's mainly because MP10 is more about the monsters ability to survive and not dish out damage. If mob damage dealt scaled as quickly as mob health with mp things would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamidiaa View Post

How about it's white monsters for the first few minutes, then it goes into the nightmare type Elites that have 1 ability. After 5 min or so if goes into the Nightmare difficulty and the Whites get tougher and the Elites get 2 abilities. Again 5 mins go by, and the difficulty goes up again to Hell, Elites now have 3 abilities. Inferno comes around and Elites have 4. Once to Inferno start adding the MP style ratios. Mobs start to get more health and deal more damage. If that won't end it then the floor starts to go damage if you walk over certain areas like on Butcher. Or the floor falls away making the general area smaller for you to work with. The longer you last the better the loot and more of it you get.

That's just some ideas.
    Ya the idea would be progressively stronger and smarter mobs to the point where they will eventually kill you.