High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Constant difficulty banter

As of late the main thing i see blowing up the forums both by ragers and blue's is about nerfs to raid difficulty .
    I really don't understand why anyone is trying to argue or defend their points on this . It would be easy to just give a ICC buff that could be turned off or even a boss debuff only to those already dominated to make farm easier. Why make a perminate debuff/buff ? Why not give the player an option to turn it off? Is this answer so hard to complete that spending hours defending it becomes easier?

If such a middle ground can be found, is there a real reason to rage out on blue's for it?
    ICC gave you a choice to turn it off and still the grief. How does such an option hurt you ? Are you mad because any of your points toward it at that point become invalid?

This is an easy fix and there are other area's of the game that could be attended to with such an easy approach to it.
    Making daily's fun again by doing it in a different light . or making bosses less of a dps race and more of a tacticle battle is more worth the time ...Even bug fixes are more worth the time .

so please..enough already.

You'll most likely be able to turn off whatever buff is added when it comes in...just like you could in DS.

I don't see your point here.

As of late the main thing i see blowing up the forums both by ragers and blue's is about nerfs to raid difficulty .
    Really? I'm not seeing much of this at all, and certainly nothing from blues. Are you just making this up?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument (at least in DS) with "just turning the buff off" is that it solves nothing. There was no way to differentiate whether or not something killed it with or without the buff unless you went and dug into logs or something. So there was no reason to kill it without the buff. Hopefully blizz has learned this lession, and it looks like they did with the new FOS you get from killing the end bosses (at least in MSV) on heroic with no buff.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Really? I'm not seeing much of this at all, and certainly nothing from blues. Are you just making this up?
    You don't read the main page a whole lot do you

Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post
    The argument (at least in DS) with "just turning the buff off" is that it solves nothing. There was no way to differentiate whether or not something killed it with or without the buff unless you went and dug into logs or something. So there was no reason to kill it without the buff. Hopefully blizz has learned this lession, and it looks like they did with the new FOS you get from killing the end bosses (at least in MSV) on heroic with no buff.
    Blizzard may be facing the opposite problem today: without progressive nerfs to difficulty, in difficult content guilds fall apart. There are anecdotal reports on the forums of exceptional number of guild implosions occurring. These reports were in the context of guild poaching by better guilds: it apparently isn't a big problem now, since so many "free agents" are being created by these implosions.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post
    I'm more refering to the elegon nerf thats been a hot topic lately.
    And even with no differentiation , the agruments i see from ragers is about personal gradification. So even though a system can be made to tell the difference..why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by dragconus View Post
    You don't read the main page a whole lot do you
    Ah, that thread. It was a hardcore fool hallucinating that lots and lots of people are asking for nerfs. This is nonsense. There is remarkably little call for nerfing. People are happy in LFR, or they are quietly unhappy with normals.

If Blizzard decides the current difficulty is bad, it will be because participation collapses below their target, not because people complain. And with LFR satisfying lots of people, we don't know what their participation targets for normal/heroic are.