Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The ´´problem´´ here is that you´re not used to lose against a warlock .. you´re used to lose against frost mages , as a warrior .
    On this map the warlock can use his teleports at his best , killing you, but how is it on other maps where he can´t teleport up somewhere ? are you still complaining ? of course not because you kill the warlock easily ..
    So yeah .. in this case the map is in warlock´s favor .

Deleted
    Ah yes the blade's edge map... Demonology warlocks can teleport to their portal on two different cooldowns, one in metamorph and one outside of it. Generally speaking, no, you cannot defeat a demo lock who knows what he's doing if you're melee on this map. It is also the main reason it's my favorite arena map. I've even come out on top in a lot of 1v2 situations when both of them had full health, dancing up and down building fury and keeping the health up with siphon life glyph, and there is really nothing they can do. Once you reach 700-800 fury, just pop all cooldowns and burn one of them down.

On top of the portal, we can also use carrion swarm to knock you down from the pillar. So it really is impossible for a melee to win on this map unless they have assistance of a ranged.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    Yeah, my rogue friend is very undergeared. Which is why him and the DK died almost at the same time.

It's just frustrating because i'm pretty sure i'm better than that lock. And knowing that he won because of environment just gets to me.
    If it's any comfort, those two maps with four pillars are completely flat and incredibly much so in favor of a warrior with heroic leap + charges. Along with the undercity map.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-01-30 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Ah yes the blade's edge map... Demonology warlocks can teleport to their portal on two different cooldowns, one in metamorph and one outside of it. Generally speaking, no, you cannot defeat a demo lock who knows what he's doing if you're melee on this map. It is also the main reason it's my favorite arena map. I've even come out on top in a lot of 1v2 situations when both of them had full health, dancing up and down building fury and keeping the health up with siphon life glyph, and there is really nothing they can do. Once you reach 700-800 fury, just pop all cooldowns and burn one of them down.

On top of the portal, we can also use carrion swarm to knock you down from the pillar. So it really is impossible for a melee to win on this map unless they have assistance of a ranged.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 04:36 PM ----------

If it's any comfort, those two maps with four pillars are completely flat and incredibly much so in favor of a warrior with heroic leap + charges. Along with the undercity map.
    I'm just saying. 1v1 flatland deserted area. I could beat that lock no problem 1v1. Even with the pillar arenas, he still has an LoS advantage to pillar kite with and have his pet + imp swarm eat my face.

But this map particular gives them an insanely large advantage.

I even tried waiting for all my cd's and Charge-Leap-charging to get a gain on the timer.

If you don't get what i mean.

He was on the pillar. I went to attack him, he dropped down, i chased him. He hit me a few times and went back up. His pet is coming down from the top, i charged his pet to get ahead, leaped forward, and charged him while he was on pillar. I blew my cd's which he just used his shield to absord. By the time his shield was down and i was ready to lay some damage, he dropped back down and was getting ready to rekite me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    But this map particular gives them an insanely large advantage.

I even tried waiting for all my cd's and Charge-Leap-charging to get a gain on the timer.

If you don't get what i mean.

He was on the pillar. I went to attack him, he dropped down, i chased him. He hit me a few times and went back up. His pet is coming down from the top, i charged his pet to get ahead, leaped forward, and charged him while he was on pillar. I blew my cd's which he just used his shield to absord. By the time his shield was down and i was ready to lay some damage, he dropped back down and was getting ready to rekite me.
    Just saying, but you can also decide not to chase him and let him come to you...

If you don't play his game, he doesn't have the advantage. If you sit under the bridge, he'll have to come down and you can beat on him till he ports back up. That, or you just wait near his portal after he jumped down so he can't come up without getting beaten up by you.
    If you deny him from coming back up, you deny him as well from keeping his portal up on a good spot and he'll have to move it to a spot where it's easier to catch him on.

It may be counter intuitive, but sometimes you just have to do exactly the opposite of what you normally would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Just saying, but you can also decide not to chase him and let him come to you...

If you don't play his game, he doesn't have the advantage. If you sit under the bridge, he'll have to come down and you can beat on him till he ports back up. That, or you just wait near his portal after he jumped down so he can't come up without getting beaten up by you.
    If you deny him from coming back up, you deny him as well from keeping his portal up on a good spot and he'll have to move it to a spot where it's easier to catch him on.

It may be counter intuitive, but sometimes you just have to do exactly the opposite of what you normally would do.
    I wasn't pushing rating or anything, so i wasn't going to stoop to his level. I tried to catch him and it was impossible and we lost. This was at like 700 rating. We were just doing 2's to cap.

If it was for actually rating at a high rating. Trust me, i'd be MUCH more frustrated.

Hmm I wasnt aware of the demo double port nonsense. If the lock knows about it and is smart then yea your pretty much screwed. I have never heard of it but I have beaten many locks of any spec on blades edge in 1v1 by simple waiting it out. The only time he can kill you is during dark soul and so you gotta be ready for it with defensive cds. Use bandages, kill his pet, LoS him, or sit on his port out of LoS so if he does port hes right into your face. Once Reck/avatar is available you should be able to force a port then quickly get back to him and blow cds and kill him through his D cds.

Deleted
    So this is basically a warrior being mad because he cant faceroll everything he encounters? Thats all im reading into it anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    So this is basically a warrior being mad because he cant faceroll everything he encounters? Thats all im reading into it anyways...
    No, not really.

This is a Warrior asking how to face Warlocks on Blade's Edge, a map that they have a huge advantage over melee on. He was looking for constructive criticism.

Nice job at reading into it, though. Your input was completely relevant to the topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    No, not really.

This is a Warrior asking how to face Warlocks on Blade's Edge, a map that they have a huge advantage over melee on. He was looking for constructive criticism.

Nice job at reading into it, though. Your input was completely relevant to the topic.
    Thats the same thing tho. He can faceroll everything except warlocks on this particular map. Poor warriors :/

Thats the same thing tho. He can faceroll everything except warlocks on this particular map. Poor warriors :/
    How am i mad? That's insanely ignorant for you to say.

There's literally no point in this thread where i show any hint of frustration about not being able to faceroll a warlock? I was asking for instructions and helpful tips on what to do in a certain situation. I'm just insanely confused on how you got that from this post.

Thanks for the input, though.
    Last edited by Galilei; 2013-01-30 at 10:45 PM.

No. Really no. You are just here to troll so I am not going to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffon View Post
    What about killing firstly the lock and then 1v1 the dk ?
    The DK will kill them before that. Trust me I play a DK and I can say that UH has the highest PvP damage in the entire game, there is no way in hell that you will survive if he sits on you.

Wait him out? Pull his pet away from him and kill it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Time to nerf the lock portal then i guess. There shouldn't be a i win button for one class on one map. Thats just bs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Time to nerf the lock portal then i guess. There shouldn't be a i win button for one class on one map. Thats just bs
    They are already nerfing it by taking doubleport from demolocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It's being removed and it's not an I Win button, unless you allow the warlock to use it as one.

Arena is not about 1v1. If you are melee 1v1 vs a lock on that map, you will lose if the lock is not retarded.

Thank god reading comprehension isn't a prerequisite for posting, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Wait him out? Pull his pet away from him and kill it?
    Insta pet summon by sacrificing a soulshard. I killed his pet several times. The first time i was hoping it would give me a VR. But it doesn't.

Deleted
    while as a warrior u should still be able to kill him the portal really shouldnt be usable in that arena, its broken and thats it