Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Once double port is gone it will become much easier to fight locks on that map don't sweat it he is just cheesing the mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Thats the same thing tho. He can faceroll everything except warlocks on this particular map. Poor warriors :/
    I think someone has got his ass handed to them by warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyGnome View Post
    I think someone has got his ass handed to them by warrior.
    Of course! warriors have to much mobility if you ask me .. maybe to better counter frost mages ? xD
    anything else than f mages gets raped by warriors .. with ease .

Ohh i´m replying here just because he said ´´It's just frustrating because i'm pretty sure i'm better than that lock. And knowing that he won because of environment just gets to me´´ ..

Just because a warrior can counter almost every action made by a warlock doesn´t mean you´re better .. on that map it looks actually that he was smarter than you
    Last edited by Quae; 2013-01-31 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quae View Post
    Of course! warriors have to much mobility if you ask me .. maybe to better counter frost mages ? xD
    anything else than f mages gets raped by warriors .. with ease .

Ohh i´m replying here just because he said ´´It's just frustrating because i'm pretty sure i'm better than that lock. And knowing that he won because of environment just gets to me´´ ..

Just because a warrior can counter almost every action made by a warlock doesn´t mean you´re better .. on that map it looks actually that he was smarter than you
    Well, no, i said that because he was using mechanics to best me.
    I also play a warlock, and i could have 1v1'd a warrior on that map without abusing one of my class mechanics.
    I didn't say i knew i could beat him because my class is stronger. I said that because i know i could have sat in his same position and won against me face to face without multi-porting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    Insta pet summon by sacrificing a soulshard. I killed his pet several times. The first time i was hoping it would give me a VR. But it doesn't.
    Demonology warlocks don't use soulshards, only affliction does. Demonology has a passive specific talent with a two minute cooldown that allows the Warlock to instant summon a new pet if their current one dies. They can also instantly summon a demon for 200 fury in metamorphosis, but then also receives a 60 second cooldown on all demons.

The demonology pet is a great source of damage for demonology warlocks, if it was too easy to get rid of it, it would be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    while as a warrior u should still be able to kill him the portal really shouldnt be usable in that arena, its broken and thats it
    Then warriors shouldn't be allowed to charge or heroic leap, those spells are obviously broken.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm being sarcastic.

The portal is really strong on the blade's edge map, sure, but at the same time all melee benefit greatly from maps such as the undercity map with a tiny LoS object in the middle that you can run over, alone it's nearly impossible to get away from say a Warrior with all their gap closers.

Also, the arena maps weren't designed for 1v1, even though some fights end up that way, you're meant to have assistance by several others.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-01-31 at 04:28 PM.

Heroic leap to the ramp and you are 2 seconds away to be in charge range.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Heroic leap to the ramp and you are 2 seconds away to be in charge range.
    Already said i've tried that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    Already said i've tried that.
    Yea there's just no chance to make it quick enough thanks to doubleport. Not much you can do really, people can say hide and kill pets, but even then you're the one who ends up losing before you'll get a chance to kill the lock. This assuming said lock knows what he's doing. But as Chaozu said this is situational since it's one map, and one class pretty much. Maybe enh shammies too, hard to say since it's been weeks since I've faced one. DKs, rogues and ferals fair much, much better in this sort of situation.

I've actually come out ahead in this sort of situation before on two separate occasions.

Fight near his portal. I've actually had the match come to the point where I just sat on his portal for a few minutes, with him waiting on bottom and not engaging until the portal disappeared. Granted, the lock was stupid for letting that happen, but it ending up granting me the win. It is still a lopsided battle, but it can be pulled off.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunny View Post
    I've actually come out ahead in this sort of situation before on two separate occasions.

Fight near his portal. I've actually had the match come to the point where I just sat on his portal for a few minutes, with him waiting on bottom and not engaging until the portal disappeared. Granted, the lock was stupid for letting that happen, but it ending up granting me the win. It is still a lopsided battle, but it can be pulled off.
    He could easily just kite his way back up top and report.

Plus, like i've said, i wasn't THAT focused on winning. This didn't go on for too long before i just said fuck it and let him win. It was at a low MMR and we were just CQ capping, so i wasn't too upset or regretful on letting him win. If he wanted +90 rating and 180 CQ points THAT badly to where he had to play the way he did, then he can have the win.

The warlock had a pretty big advantage over you. I personally dont think theres alot you could do other than leap up, but as far as i know the cd on teleporter is far shorter than the leap.