Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy shadowpanther.net R.I.P. you'll always be remebered.

well looks like its a wrap at shadowpanther.net after 8 years providing great stuff to help the rogue
    player base.

Deleted
    I face the oncoming lynch mob; Never heard of it - never needed it. Did it provide anything I couldn't find at EJ's or right on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I face the oncoming lynch mob; Never heard of it - never needed it. Did it provide anything I couldn't find at EJ's or right on here?
    well then we will face that mob together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    well then we will face that mob together
    Stand beside me, brother! Today will be a day of triumph! A sword day! A red day! [insert rest of the LOTR monologue]
    Quick, find the old server running the website! Does anyone have a volcano at hand!?

10+ Year Old Account
    I found Shadowpanther to be a good resource for info during my TBC days as a rogue, but ever since WoTLK I've been hopping from alt to alt ... to alt ... to alt ... and ended up on my rogue again a while ago. I totally forgot about Shadowpanther, but I guess that is due to the many other sources where info is just lying about nowadays.

Eventhough I didn't need you in the last couple of years, still a firm salute

You never heard of Shadowpanther.net!!! Raaaawrrrrr, cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

For real though, it was a nice little quick reference guide for rogues. It was the go to for gearing and spec info before the shadowcraft spreadsheet. It kinda became obsolete with the introduction of the shadowcraft spreadsheet. I will miss with a fond sense of nostalgia, much like I miss brewing my own poisons.

Ive never heard of it either.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of said site, sorry. I always turned to EJ, MMO-C threads or Noxxic if anything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Wasnt shadowpanther the EJ site for rogues before EJ was EJ? kinda like how thottbot was the wowhead before wowhead? I went there a few times in early BC days, touched it in wrath but didnt find anything helpful.. that being said, im always up for a good fight!

Incineration, you have my sword!
    (come on.. come on..)

Shadowpanther is shutting down? That's a shame.

Did it provide anything I couldn't find at EJ's or right on here?
    Not really. Thus its shutting down I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Haven't visited that site since like... late TBC / early wotlk. =/

One thing it had going for it was that stealth table, even though it hasn't been updated since Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    Wasnt shadowpanther the EJ site for rogues before EJ was EJ? kinda like how thottbot was the wowhead before wowhead? I went there a few times in early BC days, touched it in wrath but didnt find anything helpful.. that being said, im always up for a good fight!

(come on.. come on..)
    oh shit thottbot... dat memory, that site helped so much on quests when I wasn't using questhelper addon or 3.1 blizz questhelper, go to site before wowhead, still a good one but a bit outdated in some areas

Ah thats awful, Shadowpanther was great for some quite comparison info.

It's and iconic rogue resource - in TBC it was so good it was nearly mandatory. Anyway the theroycraftng has become more precise with the time passing, and the biggest flaw on that site was/is that the EP are static, while everyone knows that they change based on your stats.

Anyway, i'm a little sad, shadowpanther has been a fellow brother for a long time, and i admire the effort put into that project.

/salute, /respect. Hope he finds new adventures with better designed rogue classes :3

As a preemptive action, don't try to lynch anyone.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Haven't visited that site since like... late TBC / early wotlk. =/
    Yeah same. It was really nice in early-mid tbc but then we got these easy to fiddle around with, easy to understand spreadsheets which actually recalculated your EP values based on current gear which allowed for better valuation of smaller upgrades in cases where the secondary stats were different.

RIP Shadowpanther. I'm going to miss that site!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post

(come on.. come on..)
    And Alakhazam before Thottbot. Oh, the nostalgia...

Can't say I've used Shadowpanther a lot - EJ provided the raw intel I needed, and I just wish there was a Shadowcraft for each of my alts.

Deleted
    RIP Shadowpanther

Sad times, I always go back and check with this site I still love it's MAEP scales!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh