Thread: T15 4p

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatalcombat View Post
    Explain to me how it's mistake to delay KM for one global, two at most.
    No. I will not explain it again. Do some research on your own or continue in ignorance. It's not my job to explain this every single day.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    The inverse is true too. You can be an amazing theory crafter/simcrafted, and know everything about playing a spec perfectly, and not be in a top guild either. Which can make deciding who is right/wrong in an argument tricky.
    No. All that matters is whether you're right or wrong. Your guild's progression is not a factor.

Do high-end guilds tend to have more players that know their theorycraft? Absolutely, because those players tend to be more invested in the game. But the two aren't directly linked, and tons of top players do whatever EJ says and perform just fine too.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-02-09 at 04:25 PM.

Explain to me how it's mistake to delay KM for one global, two at most.

Say you have a KM proc up and you're saving it for one or two seconds. you auto attack and a second one procs but you miss it because you saved the first one. But you use it on an Oblit and hit 350k.

Same scenario except you used it instantly on FS and hit 175k. KM procs immediately after that and you FS again for 175k and then your Oblit becomes available. Either way you get the same damage in that scenario.

Same scenario, you FS for 175k and KM doesn't proc right away. You're out 87k damage if you FS immediately after the first one.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...you-feel-lucky

Every scenario in which stalling for KM-OB for 2H results in a gain is listed, as well as the reason why you think you are getting a far larger gain than you actually are (if any). You will see where you are correct and where you are misguided.

SR is not as good for 2H as it is for DW as someone else mentioned. I am 2H, not DW.
    This does not make SR worth delaying for 2H Frost.

If you had an ability that did 8% more damage than FS, but cost 10 RP instead of 20, would you also not use this ability because it's going to induce temporary downtime by "stranding" you with 10 RP? The principle is the same for runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No. I will not explain it again. Do some research on your own or continue in ignorance. It's not my job to explain this every single day.
    This hostile attitude is neither productive nor beneficial. Just because you have been enlightened does not mean that the entire DK community has been, also.

Patience is the proper response. He asked you for your defense; you blew him off. This very act is something you call people out on on the forums probably on a daily basis.

This reply does not merit a response; just internal reflection.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

10+ Year Old Account
    @Fatal, delaying KM can be a mistake in several situations and for several reasons. First off, the obvious. You have a limited number of GCDs in any given fight. Any loss by not using a GCD must later be made up for by enough damage to be greater the downtime. Next, although frost has "dead" periods, a "dead" period doesn't always line up with a period where waiting is beneficial, so you can't use that as a factor. Next, delaying any KM to wait for an obliterate even 1-2 GCDs can be a DPS loss based on a number of factors, such as overwriting a KM proc, capping RP, ending up getting fewer overal FS/Obliterates/RE procs and the like.

This isn't to say that it is NOT a good idea to ever wait. It's simple a compilation of a few reasons why, at times, it may be a DPS gain to NOT wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    This hostile attitude is neither productive nor beneficial. Just because you have been enlightened does not mean that the entire DK community has been, also.
    Clearly not. It just gets frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post

Patience is the proper response. He asked you for your defense; you blew him off. This very act is something you call people out on on the forums probably on a daily basis.

This reply does not merit a response; just internal reflection.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Fatalcombat; 2013-02-10 at 09:34 AM.

We seem to argue about SR for the 2handers in guild as well as here a lot. It always seems to never be resolved. I look at the heroic fights and the 2handers that are ranking are using SR. Ignoring our execute isn't beneficial and you might as well learn to weave it now before our 4 set hits next patch and it starts being used by KM.

Can the debate stop now?