Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old Hunter Returning: Best DPS Profession/Race?

Greetings, all,

I'm about to tear down my hunter and go with the best profession/race combo on the Horde side. I assume it's Panda with Engineering and JC. Is that accurate? I use to have a spreadsheet back in Cata, but I assume that's obsolete.

Orc, engineering/anything. Most likely Troll in 5.2. Use the Frag Belt from engineering.

engi/LW is strong combo. Orc for BM, panda is good too, troll 3rd. Nothing gamebreakingly better about any of these....

Thank you, folks. I won't be rolling BM, or a Troll. From asking around, it seems the common consistence is Panda and Engineering. Is there any raw data out there can help me decide between BS, JC, and LW to min/max?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Thank you, folks. I won't be rolling BM, or a Troll. From asking around, it seems the common consistence is Panda and Engineering. Is there any raw data out there can help me decide between BS, JC, and LW to min/max?
    all the current professions are balanced around blue gems. when epics drop, BS will take the lead again

For professions, eng and LW are the winners. The reason LW is great is because of the long-forgotten (by 99% of the population anyways) Drums of Speed. Anyone that says something else is wrong, the answer is eng/lw.

As for dps, I believe orc is best all-around atm by quite a bit (definitely number one for BM), not panda. If you really want to min/max you would want to go BM as well for single target/SV for multi-target, otherwise you aren't min/maxing and I don't see the point in you wanting to min/max without min/maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    For professions, eng and LW are the winners. The reason LW is great is because of the long-forgotten (by 99% of the population anyways) Drums of Speed. Anyone that says something else is wrong, the answer is eng/lw.

As for dps, I believe orc is best all-around atm by quite a bit (definitely number one for BM), not panda. If you really want to min/max you would want to go BM as well for single target/SV for multi-target, otherwise you aren't min/maxing and I don't see the point in you wanting to min/max without min/maxing.
    I could do without the sly remark. Numbers I've read suggest SV is pulling ahead of BM post 5.2. I don't know if 2% pet damage and BF outweighs a static food buff.

Interesting point about DoS. I always wondered why that didn't receive a level cap like the other drums.

I could do without the sly remark. Numbers I've read suggest SV is pulling ahead of BM post 5.2. I don't know if 2% pet damage and BF outweighs a static food buff.

Interesting point about DoS. I always wondered why that didn't receive a level cap like the other drums.
    it does outweigh it, and in 5.2 its not set in stone that SV will do better then BM. Its only speculation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    Orc, engineering/anything. Most likely Troll in 5.2. Use the Frag Belt from engineering.
    Frag belt? Why? Is it instant cast besides GCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    This is exactly right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Frag belt? Why? Is it instant cast besides GCD?
    Why not? You need to swap to it, it doesn't cost a GCD, but you can't use it during a GCD. It's free damage and it can crit for a lot

They all give the same stat bonuses except BS has more versatility. If you are pvping then you can slap pvp gems in there rather than just getting agi. Other than that it's just personal preference.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Can I bind it into AS/CS?

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Can I bind it into AS/CS?
    You could, but you'd have to deal with the little aoe mark that comes up and sometimes you might not want to throw it like on wind lord for example. You'd also have to hit arcane shot to use it, which really isn't a good idea imo. I'd just bind it to your BW if you want to bind it to anything.

Indeed, it is not the best idea to bind it. I'll definitly try it. Thanks for another helpful advice.

It can be a pain in the ass to target, but cobalt frag is nice. Very nice. Even on single target it's worth it, but add in adds, it really shines. Also synapse springs are way better than other static buffs since we can control when we get it. It's great when it syncs up with BW/amoc.

Forget the frag on the belt get the rocket boots instead. The tiny dps boost the frag gives you is far less then the ability to get out of bad stuff fast. More raids die due to mechanics then from not enough dps. Engineer/ JC is the best combo imo. 320 x2 gems is good but mathematically all crafting professions equal to about the same dps boost so its really your choice. Engineering has the most utility when it comes to raiding with asborbs, speed boost's and the glider.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddargrits View Post
    Forget the frag on the belt get the rocket boots instead. The tiny dps boost the frag gives you is far less then the ability to get out of bad stuff fast. More raids die due to mechanics then from not enough dps. Engineer/ JC is the best combo imo. 320 x2 gems is good but mathematically all crafting professions equal to about the same dps boost so its really your choice. Engineering has the most utility when it comes to raiding with asborbs, speed boost's and the glider.
    i can only think of blade lord really where i would need the rocket boots

just play better and you can throw the bomb it's awesome :>

10+ Year Old Account
    going to agree with crooklyn. good play from a smart player will outweigh the use of the rocket belt of the free damage from the frag bomb. posthaste solves most if not all mobility issues that can happen. the duration of the nike you get from it is more than enough to get you out of bad things.

Just get a sporebat.

OT: Orc is ftw, especially if you're female orc
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Rocket boots is pretty useless on all except Ta'yak. That much uncontrollable speed is actually bad in a lot of situations and when it isn't, posthaste will do the job just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddargrits View Post
    Um... What? Why? The frag belt is way better than the nitro boosts. You probably won't get a dps increase with the nitro boosts at all and if you do it won't even be as big as the frag belt.