Thread: RBG in 5.2

RBG in 5.2

So today i was reading blue posts on mmo, and in a blue tweet i found this:

"The 5.2 PVP changes are a breath of fresh air but can we see Arena/RBG Point caps being the same I really don't like RBG's

I understand. At the same time, if RBGs aren't generously rewarding, players will just gravitate towards easy and fast Arenas. (Source)"

So in other words it says:

If we dont force people to play rbg, they will play what they like more.

Why cant a player who pays for the game chose the way he wants to earn his points. I raid on my main (5/16hc) and i have the same cap for VP's as people who cap from dailies or dungeons. Its also easier for them then raid 3 times a week.

A player who plays lot PVP will be rewarded with higher rating or some bonus rewards (at least in 5.2).

People who play a lot of PVP and still enjoy PVE also dont have to cap 600 VPs with dungeons/dailies and then MUST do 400VPs in LFR/Raid.

I didnt cap full CQps since weeks because i just dont have the time to look for a group. If one is lucky you get it done in 30mins, if you are unlucky you can try for 4 hours and still get nothing from it.

The rbg cap punishment is just the wrong idea of how the game should work, its only "how do we make ppl stay online the longest time possible"

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    So today i was reading blue posts on mmo, and in a blue tweet i found this:

"The 5.2 PVP changes are a breath of fresh air but can we see Arena/RBG Point caps being the same I really don't like RBG's

I understand. At the same time, if RBGs aren't generously rewarding, players will just gravitate towards easy and fast Arenas. (Source)"

So in other words it says:

If we dont force people to play rbg, they will play what they like more.

Why cant a player who pays for the game chose the way he wants to earn his points. I raid on my main (5/16hc) and i have the same cap for VP's as people who cap from dailies or dungeons. Its also easier for them then raid 3 times a week.

A player who plays lot PVP will be rewarded with higher rating or some bonus rewards (at least in 5.2).

People who play a lot of PVP and still enjoy PVE also dont have to cap 600 VPs with dungeons/dailies and then MUST do 400VPs in LFR/Raid.

I didnt cap full CQps since weeks because i just dont have the time to look for a group. If one is lucky you get it done in 30mins, if you are unlucky you can try for 4 hours and still get nothing from it.

The rbg cap punishment is just the wrong idea of how the game should work, its only "how do we make ppl stay online the longest time possible"
    sure but then based on the time you spend on 2v2 it you should be capped when you did 50 matches or so. but then casuals whine whine it take to long.

and you are not forced to do anyting. how does blizzard force you to do rbg? by giving it a higher cap? so then you are a bit slower then some other people does it really matter with the changes coming in 5.2? nope it doesn't.

and blizzard doesn't even force you to log in. its your brain thinking they NEED to do someting. so tell your self fuck rbg i'm stick to arena and i'm fine with it.

Deleted
    How about you just break 1550 and earn a higher cap then?

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    that requires a small amount of skill. Maybe thats his problem... he doesnt have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    that requires a small amount of skill. Maybe thats his problem... he doesnt have it.
    RBG does not require skill unless you're extremly high rated really. It's really weird how bad RBG players often are. I can't PuG anymore becuase 80 % of players seem to be boosted and as I'm on EU realms most don't dare to speak as if their english would sound like they're from a cave in Irak... WoW is getting less and less subscribers and RBG guilds are extremly rare. Being forced to play it is just stupid. I mean my first season in RBG's I got T2 by spamming aoe, telling everyone to attack my targets and stealing spells from my focus target. That's all you need to do lol.

EH HALO THIS IS GAMER FROM EUOPE HALO GAN DO RBG HALO. - This is why you can't PuG in EU... Gimme imba internet and i'll go us..
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-02-02 at 10:35 PM.

The people who always just say "get a higher rating" to address the differences between RBG and arena cap show that they don't understand it. RBGs give a higher point cap for the same rating. It scales up much faster than arena ratings, which puts players who mainly play arena at a disadvantage. A 2.2k RBG cap gives something like a 3.5k cap while an equal arena rating, which is much harder to get this season, only gives a 2.8k point cap.

Its harder to get rating in arena but harder to organize an RBG group. All people want is equal rewards for both. Hell, RBGs could even keep some of the other cosmetic stuff like the old lvl 60 gear for xmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    To put it simply.

Rating is easier to get in RBGs than Arena AND if you have the same rating in RBGs and Arena, RBG will give higher cap.

People enjoy Arena more than RBGs but are forced to play them for the two reasons above. It's comparable to people being forced to do 25-mans in previous expansions to be competitive in 10-man raids... apart from a lot of people actually enjoyed 25-man raiding... and the difficulty of a boss in PvE doesn't change depending on the RNG of whether your opponent does RBGs or not.