Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard banning rbg wintraders

I'm glad they're banning them. I hope they lose all their gear, rating and points.

The problem here is they aren't only banning win trade teams. They are banning people who also have got caught facing exploiting teams who are just trying to play. My friend received the ban and I know for sure he has never win traded, but when playing high rated (2300+) you face those teams all the time and there is nothing you can do about it and they are banning them. It's messed up but I guess its good they are doing something at least :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubbsy View Post
    The problem here is they aren't only banning win trade teams. They are banning people who also have got caught facing exploiting teams who are just trying to play. My friend received the ban and I know for sure he has never win traded, but when playing high rated (2300+) you face those teams all the time and there is nothing you can do about it and they are banning them. It's messed up but I guess its good they are doing something at least :/
    Your friend was win trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I reallyyy doubt that. I played with him all the way up to 2200 and after that I dropped out and he did them with his guild. Hes the only one who got banned out of all of them and hes only played with me and them. Also was the only one over 2400. Idk if that has anything to do with it..?

Quite a number of these teams banned didn't cheat, but got queue'd up against wintraders and ratings are artificially inflated because of this.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubbsy View Post
    I reallyyy doubt that. I played with him all the way up to 2200 and after that I dropped out and he did them with his guild. Hes the only one who got banned out of all of them and hes only played with me and them. Also was the only one over 2400. Idk if that has anything to do with it..?
    Seems legit. You just made a new account so you can post hidden about "your friend"

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Quite a number of these teams banned didn't cheat, but got queue'd up against wintraders and ratings are artificially inflated because of this.
    Its a script, they check high HIGH rbgs teams, that use no cooldowns (as far as I understand from the info so far). That is not the way the games work, you can't just go against 2400rated teams and win without using any defensive or offensive cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Seems legit. You just made a new account so you can post hidden about "your friend".
    nah I forgot my password to my other account...I don't post here much, but browse the forums often. Nice try tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DOORF View Post
    Bail is geting banned! yaaaaaa! i was in a 1500 rating yet somehow we played their team (2500 rating) in a 1 minute queue was god awful with a queue like that he was probably trying to win trade or some other form of queue breaking
    Last edited by slackjawsix; 2013-01-30 at 12:19 AM.
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Nonstop posts for months about how many win traders there are in rbgs. Blizzard starts handing out bans and all of a sudden everyone is posting how innocent they are, and it's those "other" people that are win trading. Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Nonstop posts for months about how many win traders there are in rbgs. Blizzard starts handing out bans and all of a sudden everyone is posting how innocent they are, and it's those "other" people that are win trading. Seems legit.
    Yea... because legit players are getting banned for this. I was one of the people crying about blizzard not doing anything about win trading, and I ended up banned. Blizzard need to sort this shit out, I have played over 500 legit rbgs this season, and I am stuck with a 72h ban so I miss raid week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Jahmilli was banned as well, and he has not win traded. Blizzard is basically banning random people.

Quote Originally Posted by Capers View Post
    Jahmilli was banned as well, and he has not win traded. Blizzard is basically banning random people.
    So you would rather them not do anything at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgthreex View Post
    So you would rather them not do anything at all?
    No. The problem is they took the wrong course of action. They hotfixed it so that wintrading is no longer possible this week. All they had to do was reset the rating, and everyone would be on a level playing field again, without wintraders. Instead, they chose to ban players, many of them innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Innocent? Here you are guilty until proven otherwise

well apparently if you don't leave and report the other team for wintrading/exploits they can ban you.

10+ Year Old Account
    they just need to reset everyone tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    they just need to reset everyone tbh
    This won't solve anything. Banning and resetting everything all the time just repeats the cycle. The real problem is that this game isn't worth being competitive about. That's why there's so much win trading and cheating going on.

People who win trade aren't necessary bad people. Sure they're cheating but for what exactly? To achieve rating? Gear perhaps? Prestige in an online game? If you stop and think about it all none of it really matters nor does anybody actually care.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the looks of it it's all wintraders and anyone who has faced them. Which is good to clear out the cheats. Bad for those who actually RBG and unfortunately come against these. Shame, always wanted RBGs to do well, unfortunately from what I see high end is just wintraders, and now a forced thing to get conquest caps and elite weapons easily.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )