Poll: Starting from scratch. What class would you play for random battlegrounds?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Mage, ghostcrawler's choice of class for about the last 5 years.
    Complete tripe. Ghostcrawler does not play a mage, and I doubt has ever mained one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Complete tripe. Ghostcrawler does not play a mage, and I doubt has ever mained one.
    http://www.hark.com/clips/rsvskyypkm...u-know-sarcasm You used tripe wrong, and I'm also sure you know every class he's played.

Damn, that was a great post you made.

I'm sticking with what I said about mage, it is a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2013-01-30 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Mage.
    A class that has never been bad at PvP and most likely never will.

Somehow I doubt you actually play a mage.
    Somehow I'm guessing your main is a mage.

Mages have never had a bad season. They have had mediocre seasons, sure but a bad one? Never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post

Mages have never had a bad season. They have had mediocre seasons, sure but a bad one? Never.
    If you're Frost, sure. But even now, mages have been pigeonholed into relying on a single ability for the entirety of their burst. A lot of Mages don't even like Deep Freeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/17...tor-breakdown/
    Warlock the golden child of WoW. Oh and I'd consider S6 to not be so great going by that list. Of course that's not everyone but its kind of amazing how different it turned out than what people usually say.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-01-30 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's no priest option... if you are starting from scratch(with heirlooms i hope), i'd say rogue for dmg or resto druid for heals.

Druid. For BGs I think they are the perfect class. During WSG or Twin Peaks you can spec Bear for FC. In AB you can go feral to stealth around and ninja cap nodes. Then just go Boomkin for the rest.

Second would be a DK. Have they ever not been OP? During Wrath Unholy could solo 3s in arena. In Cata Blood DKs were unkillable and could kill half their team cause of vengeance stacking. Frost DKs now are pretty faceroll to play and pack a punch. I ate a 220k Obliterate the other day on my priest. Sure you are squishy as hell but at least against magic classes you have AMS and AMZ and 2 interrupts, 3 if Blood Elf and also Necrotic Strike for Healers. Also big heal from pet sac if you need it.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-01-30 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Once a hunter, always a hunter.

Mage. Never have to worry about getting overnerfed.

If you're Frost, sure. But even now, mages have been pigeonholed into relying on a single ability for the entirety of their burst. A lot of Mages don't even like Deep Freeze.
    Doesn't make them bad though does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/17...tor-breakdown/
    Warlock the golden child of WoW. Oh and I'd consider S6 to not be so great going by that list. Of course that's not everyone but its kind of amazing how different it turned out than what people usually say.
    I never said mages>locks. Locks aren't a part of the poll.
    "Also Note: A caveat about the below stats, currently we don't record which character got which title. We tie the title to the account. That means that the class breakdown might be a little off if people earned a title and then changed character."
    Going off those percentages is flawed.

If you are talking random battlegrounds on your own, I'd probably go Rogue. Yeah, they're weak right now, but stealth lets you choose your own battles to a degree. Mage or Hunter can't really do that. If you play with friends or want to do any sort of organised PvP, I'd probably go for Druid or Mage. Druid for all the different specs, Mage because, well, Frost Mage. Has it EVER been bad in the last few years?

All are fun, but for random battlegrounds, in my opinion, you cant have much more fun then on a hunter. the toolkit they have nowadays is alot of fun, even its weaker specs. you can batter most melee with ease. and again, since we are talking randoms where not everyone is co ordinated, for the most part you can sit back and pew pew without worry! great fun

Apologies guys I messed the poll up and dont see where I can edit it :/