Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why didn't Thrall just off Gallywix?

Alright so Thrall, who hates slavery, and just fought this Trade Prince... who'd pretty much implied he was going to enslave him alongside the player, spares Gallywix... why?

No one better? - Sassy's right there, management experience and all.

Gallywix is 'a typical goblin'? Uh so what? Thrall's bashed in heads before, I'm not saying Gallywix isn't a capable leader for the goblins, but leaving the vast majority of the people to be slaves or drown in a sinking ship isn't exactly good for business either, it ups the chances he'll end up like his predecessor after all, doesn't it?

I'm just not following Blizzard's reasoning with his storyline, him being allowed to live or remain in power just doesn't seem reasonable to me.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    he will probably die in the siege of orgrimmar raid anyway

I agree. It doesn't add up. In the end, I suppose he'll be a raid boss in the final patch of Mists of Pandaria, and they'll actually get a good leader.

Edit: someone beat me to it, ah well.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Probably holding off for the Ogrimmar raid. When questioning these things, be it in game or in a movie / T.V. show, I find this answer explains everything away.

"It's in the script."

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall was pretty preoccupied at this stage. Maybe he just care.

Or Gallywix bribed him.

I really doubt anything will happen to him in the Siege of Orgrimmar. More likely Blizzard will just forget about him for a few more years.

The problem with that plotline was that the person who should obviously take Gallywix's place was the player character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah I can't see Gallywix staying as the goblin leader forever. He does not care about his people even. He was prepared to sell and sacrifice them as slaves. He only joined the Horde so that he would be rescued from the lost isle and be safe. He's in for the cash, to exploit, and chances to try out new experiments and gadgets. I hope he ends up as a boss in Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I really doubt anything will happen to him in the Siege of Orgrimmar. More likely Blizzard will just forget about him for a few more years.

The problem with that plotline was that the person who should obviously take Gallywix's place was the player character.
    Or y'now Sassy, or Hobart, or we could've gotten a council like the dwarves.

Or HECK Blizz could've made Gallywix a jerk but not directed him at his own people!

EDIT:

Go home spell check you're drunk. Could've is totally word.
    Twas brillig

Because Thrall knows a concept of Mercy a lot of people don't, and the Goblins needed some figurehead as their leader.

I also think a lot of Goblins have debts toward Gallywix so that may also make him the "right" leader for them, at least during that time period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Thrall was pretty preoccupied at this stage. Maybe he just care.

Or Gallywix bribed him.
    Thing is Gallywix was a slaveowner, that's a big reason for Thrall to care :\

he didn't have time, or resources with which to bribe him.
    Twas brillig

Gallywix won Thrall over with his charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Because Thrall knows a concept of Mercy a lot of people don't

, and the Goblins needed some figurehead as their leader.

I also think a lot of Goblins have debts toward Gallywix so that may also make him the "right" leader for them, at least during that time period.
    1. Mercy is for people who deserve it though, and Thrall's bashed heads open before, take Burx from Cycle of Hatre and such for example. Thrall's killed tons of people. Mercy is for people like Sergeant who only wanted to defend themselves and Thrall let him go because he wasn't an insane megalomaniacal asshat.

2. Again, Sassy.

3. Not... -really- they were slaves. And then un-slaves after he beat Gallywix which would've been the same result if he'd just killed Gallywix, do remember that most of the player charcters npc allies -helped- fight against Gallywix.
    Twas brillig

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Thing is Gallywix was a slaveowner, that's a big reason for Thrall to care :\

he didn't have time, or resources with which to bribe him.
    Yeah I don't disagree.
    Its just shit writing.

Or Thrall is just truly horrible at picking leaders.

Actually, the reason is ebcause Blizzard made the player the second richest and second most powerful Goblin on the Isle. If someone would have offed Gally it was the player. And Blizz can't have every goblin be the leader of the Goblins so they left Gallywix allive

1. Mercy is for people who deserve it though, and Thrall's bashed heads open before, take Burx from Cycle of Hatre and such for example. Thrall's killed tons of people. Mercy is for people like Sergeant who only wanted to defend themselves and Thrall let him go because he wasn't an insane megalomaniacal asshat.

2. Again, Sassy.

3. Not... -really- they were slaves. And then un-slaves after he beat Gallywix which would've been the same result if he'd just killed Gallywix, do remember that most of the player charcters npc allies -helped- fight against Gallywix.
    Eh I dunno then. That's just my reasoning.

He'll probably be dying in Siege of Org anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Maybe Thrall thought it would look bad to kill the race's leader then say "So...you in for joining my faction?" to the rest of the goblins or maybe he looked the other way because he knew that the rest of the goblins would have the freedom to go/do whatever they wanted when they joined the horde
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Thrall fought the trade prince? When? I'm missing some lore here.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Sassy Hardwrench is the player character's secretary... I mean I liked her too but come on now, she's only up for consideration due to a lack of other candidates.

The OBVIOUS choice is well... us.

Or y'now Sassy, or Hobart, or we could've gotten a council like the dwarves.
    I personally would've voted for Assistant Greely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Thrall fought the trade prince? When? I'm missing some lore here.
    At the end of the goblin starting area, just before leaving the Lost Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The OBVIOUS choice is well... us.
    Or Her Tallness, Boss Mida.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    At the end of the goblin starting area, just before leaving the Lost Isles.
    Hmm interesting, I don't remember that. I'll have to play it again. Thanks!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8