Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    Well he probably will have some penalty. But to blame a culture, or the weapon is simply misguided
    Culture can be blamed but not in this case. Again saying Guns are not dangerous and harmless is also misguided. The guy shouldn't have a gun now. I get he's a vet and I respect him for that. It doesn't mean he can do whatever he pleases. I know what it's like to have a war vet. My grandpa was one and he's dead but he wouldn't hurt a fly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It is legal to shoot kids who tries to sell candy to you, because it is illegal to sell food without FDA approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Sorry but No. You couldn't be more wrong. Long before religion came to play, marriage was used to help determine distribution of wealth among families of the deceased and for diplomatic purposes among families and foreign nations. as well. of which came far before ANY religion played a role in what YOU perceive as marriage. Open your history book pal.
    Gays still marry, just not in a church. A religious sect should have the right to decline to acknowledge such a union. Freedom of religion and whatnot.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gays still marry, just not in a church. A religious sect should have the right to decline to acknowledge such a union. Freedom of religion and whatnot.
    Not denying religion that right. But to say that Marriage as a whole is a religious institution when history says otherwise is downright false.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2013-01-30 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The culture of just because we have an amendment guaranteeing we can have guns, means that we can do just about whatever we like with them. This is primairily a problem with the utterly stupid. Such as leaving your saftey off, or leaving it within reach of a kid, or firing it just for the hell of it in a residential area, or firing it into the air FORGETTING THAT LAW OF GRAVITY APPLY TO EVERYTHING.

Reasonable, respectful gun owners know how to properly secure their gun, as well as how to respectfuly operate one. My issue is with the cowboy mentality.
    Silly story...
    The law of gravity does apply to bullets, but so does the law of wind resistances. When I go duck hunting, we sometimes shoot straight into the air. After about 45-60 seconds the bbs will rain down on us. They don't hurt, just bounce off harmlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is legal to shoot kids who tries to sell candy to you, because it is illegal to sell food without FDA approve.
    what does that have to do with anything?

I don't know why they are still allowing us to harm ourselves with these primitive tools of death and destruction. They should just outlaw firearms already.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Vigilantism isn't strictly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    too bad this isn't what happened, oh how pointless hypotheticals can be.
    You say this, but I see hypotheticals all over the place. "What if guns were illegal?" "What if he only had a baseball bat?" "What if they WERE there to rob him?"

I don't pretend to know the whole story based off that small article. Nobody should. I will say that if somebody fires a gun into the air and tells me to get the hell out of there, my next step would certainly not be to roll down the window. There are a couple things about the story I don't understand, which makes me think that isn't the whole story. On the other side of the fence, if there were 4 teenage gangbangers there to rob a 70 year old man, he needs a firearm to defend himself. He wouldn't be able to do it with a baseball bat.

Also, as a rule, we don't send mentally disabled people to prison in this country. You can't call him "A crazy loon!" and then say "I hope he rots in jail." If he is in fact of impaired mental capacity, (A) he shouldn't have had a gun (B) he shouldn't be sent to prison.

There probably should be a subforum for gun control in America. (since everybody living outside the US cares so much about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Culture can be blamed but not in this case. Again saying Guns are not dangerous and harmless is also misguided. The guy shouldn't have a gun now. I get he's a vet and I respect him for that. It doesn't mean he can do whatever he pleases. I know what it's like to have a war vet. My grandpa was one and he's dead but he wouldn't hurt a fly.
    Guns are no more dangerous than your car, or a gas can in your garage, or a candle lit in your room. People are simply afraid of what they don't understand.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 05:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I don't know why they are still allowing us to harm ourselves with these primitive tools of death and destruction. They should just outlaw firearms already.
    Go read "the giver"

Silly story...
    The law of gravity does apply to bullets, but so does the law of wind resistances. When I go duck hunting, we sometimes shoot straight into the air. After about 45-60 seconds the bbs will rain down on us. They don't hurt, just bounce off harmlessly.
    That's because you didn't shoot them in a ballistic trajectory. Also, those BBs probably have a very low terminal velocity.

Guns are no more dangerous than your car, or a gas can in your garage, or a candle lit in your room. People are simply afraid of what they don't understand.

Go read "the giver"
    If people are afraid of what they don't understand, you should be afraid of guns, gas cans, candles and cars.

Also, telling people to go read fictional works doesn't support your argument, it just makes you look like you don't have anything to really support it other than fictional works.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2013-01-30 at 05:58 AM.

If a guy is murdered and all you are worried is about people taking your gun away or gun debate, your priority is off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silly story...
    True, but i also just read a story of a hunter who shot at a boar, the bullet then richoched off of one of its bones, flew a mile and struck someone in a moving car dead. While that was INCREDIBLY unlucky and not the hunters fault at all, it shows bullets can still kill even if they have to travel far.

http://www.thelocal.fr/page/view/fre...r#.UQcKBCe4B0x
    Last edited by Crissi; 2013-01-30 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    http://nbclatino.com/2013/01/29/geor...ay-police-say/

Short version: Paranoia+guns= disaster. What is it with people justifying shooting others just for "being on their property" when they're not even breaking in or anything (even accidentally like in this case)? How is that "defending yourself"?
    It's not. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    If a guy is murdered and all you are worried is about people taking your gun away or gun debate, your priority is off.
    Not really since him murdering some random guy in Georgia doesn't affect me. Now the government passing gun control laws on the other hand does.

Also, what we REALLY need in this country is more laws, to make stuff like this DOUBLE illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    That's because you didn't shoot them in a ballistic trajectory. Also, those BBs probably have a very low terminal velocity.

If people are afraid of what they don't understand, you should be afraid of guns, gas cans, candles and cars.

Also, telling people to go read fictional works doesn't support your argument, it just makes you look like you don't have anything to really support it other than fictional works.
    High terminal velocity. Low mass so the force is negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Not really since him murdering some random guy in Georgia doesn't affect me. Now the government passing gun control laws on the other hand does.
    Of course it would affect you. It makes it justifiable for people to kill you if everyone acts like the old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    High terminal velocity. Low mass so the force is negligible.
    Relatively low terminal velocity compared to the muzzle velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post

Obviously you haven't read it.....
    I don't understand....are you saying I don't understand guns cars etc?