Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Touche you win. - Coolkingler1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Same old same old, yet another person is dead because guns are so prevalent in society. Would this guy be dead if the most deadly weapon the paranoid veteran had was a knife or baseball bat?
    I couldn't say. I'm not a prognostic, and neither are you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Same old same old, yet another person is dead because guns are so prevalent in society. Would this guy be dead if the most deadly weapon the paranoid veteran had was a knife or baseball bat?
    Have you seen what happens when a baseball bat meets glass? Were talking some seriously dangerous shards, the driver would have been blinded at the very least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggid View Post
    Touche you win. - Coolkingler1
    What do I win? A cake?

Poor guy. People are such nut jobs nowadays. Not a shot at the Country itself, but it does seem to be getting really bad.

Deleted
    Have you seen what happens when a baseball bat meets glass? Were talking some seriously dangerous shards, the driver would have been blinded at the very least.
    Not if he saw the man coming already and shielded his eyes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    What do I win? A cake?
    Yes, you win a cake. An E-Cake "iiiiiiii" Yay you! =D.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I couldn't say. I'm not a prognostic, and neither are you.
    You don't need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There is no news story about how the majority of gun owners are responsible, because it's not lurid and interesting.

These events are the exception.
    I'm sorry, I missed the part this article had anything to do with the subject. care to point it out? from what I can see its just about some old crack pot who can't tell if the people coming to his door are lost or want to harm him, its a commentary on his stupidity, not gun ownership.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-30 at 03:29 AM.

Not if he saw the man coming already and shielded his eyes. :P
    Your bastardized logic is really starting to make me think we cant have a meaningfully drawn out debate.

iiiiiiiii -- Grats again sir.

No. just no. 69 year old paranoid enough to shoot without regard, has the power to decimate windscreen in one swoop blinding the occupant with shards of glass?

I'd hate to be the poor kid that knocked a fly ball into that guy's yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Offtopic:

Biske, I like your signature, have vs of
    Lol, thanks. It just bothers the crap out of me.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Your bastardized logic is really starting to make me think we cant have a meaningfully drawn out debate.

iiiiiiiii -- Grats again sir.
    Why?

It's true!

I would close my eyes if I saw the man about to take a swing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    obviously property > average person from the human populace
    Yes. Exactly. Because my property = represents the TIME I invested in obtaining said item. My TV took 16 hours of my life to obtain. Those 16 hours of my life, the life of a hard working - law abiding citizen are worth far more the the LIFE of some scum bag who does nothing but take from society. Fun fact; the state where I live, since my property is zoned A-1 agricultural, I'm legally allowed to kill ANYONE, yes even girl scouts, who step foot on my property for any reason after dark. Guess how many times this has happened in the past 100 years..?

Now, we all know that this isn't the case in this instance. This is simply a case of a nut-job getting scared / over-reacting.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    I'm sorry, I missed the part this article had anything to do with the subject. care to point it out?
    The only reason this news story is getting attention is because of the recent flare up in the gun debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I just can't understand how the old man couldn't differentiate between the car moving forwards or backwards, since when the victim was accelerating backwards as quickly as possible, the old man thought that he was actually moving forward...
    Maybe he was actually looking at some elaborate tricked out mirror set up?

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 10:29 PM ----------

Why?

It's true!

I would close my eyes if I saw the man about to take a swing.
    Thats why you won another cake, because that is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you've never accidentally pulled into the wrong driveway when going to someone's house?

Or never used someone's driveway to turn around in a neighborhood with a narrow street?

Offtopic:

Biske, I like your signature, have vs of
    Nah, I was just getting that post out of the way

Yeah, the murderer was a paranoid freak and should go to jail for manslaughter. I generally don't like castle doctrine anyways. You should not be able to kill someone without a valid threat against yourself or other people.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Maybe if he had paid attention to what driveway he was driving in, he wouldn't have paid with his life.
    Unless there are specific signs that it is otherwise, it is legal to use another person's driveway to turn around. Lingering is another matter, but simply turning around falls under implied consent.

Hmm okay so I actually read the article and there were four people in the car, sounds like they were all young Hispanics. And the shooter was an old white guy who said he thought he was being robbed. He shot the driver while he was in the driver's seat, trying to back out of the driveway. So this old white guy just assumes any time some Hispanics turn up in his driveway he's being invaded? And shoots before they even get out of the car.

Yeah, don't think he has a leg to stand on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.