Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The only reason this news story is getting attention is because of the recent flare up in the gun debate.
    I actually think it would get attention anyways because clearly the guy has a few screws loose.

This is very unfortunate. Instead of making new laws, maybe just build a fence and get a dog..?

this is so stupid. this man is a threat to society and should never have been allowed to buy a gun. throw him away for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Unless there are specific signs that it is otherwise, it is legal to use another person's driveway to turn around. Lingering is another matter, but simply turning around falls under implied consent.
    CAUTION: Crazy racist asshole with a gun lives here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The only reason this news story is getting attention is because of the recent flare up in the gun debate.
    no it broke since it's about a kid getting shot in the head for just rolling up a drive way, and it happens to be during this nationwide gun debate.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Nah, I was just getting that post out of the way

Yeah, the murderer was a paranoid freak and should go to jail for manslaughter. I generally don't like castle doctrine anyways. You should not be able to kill someone without a valid threat against yourself or other people.
    Ya on a serious note im a gun rights guy, but this clown needs to be thrown in jail the rest of his life... which at 69 shouldn't take long. There was a host of other things he could have done, walked back inside, locked his door, called the cops. Shooting should always be the last option not the first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Unless there are specific signs that it is otherwise, it is legal to use another person's driveway to turn around. Lingering is another matter, but simply turning around falls under implied consent.
    Let's wait until Orissa does it himself/herself someday.

Then act all surprised when he/she doesn't get shot.

The statement is outright ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Let's wait until Orissa does it himself/herself someday.

Then act all surprised when he/she doesn't get shot.

The statement is outright ridiculous.
    I updated my post about 10 minutes to clarify that I was being sarcastic FFS.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Bahaha, okay okay, I see it now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    This is very unfortunate. Instead of making new laws, maybe just build a fence and get a dog..?
    That's a poor argument.

People should be required to keep firearms in a safe and have a home alarm system before they're even considered for firearm ownership.

But you know, that infringes on liberties blaablaaablaaaaaaa.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:37 AM ----------

It's amazing that sarcasm is still a myth to some people :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Dare I say?...

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    the goose in my avatar is not pleased.
    That we have all now been doomed.

On Topic : This guy was pretty crazy, if it wasn't a gun, it would have been a crossbow, a spear, or even a shark with lasers he would have attacked the person with. The recent gun law proposals have absolutely nothing to do with this instance, and should be looked, as if, in a vacuum. A vacuum full o' crazy.
    Last edited by narzinor; 2013-01-30 at 03:40 AM.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    That's a poor argument.

People should be required to keep firearms in a safe and have a home alarm system before they're even considered for firearm ownership.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:37 AM ----------

It's amazing that sarcasm is still a myth to some people :P
    It's amazing how hard sarcasm is to understand sometimes when there is no tone of voice or facial expression to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the internet. Were you expecting anything different?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no words for this stupidity. Why would you shoot someone for such an asinine reason?

Trigger happy gun culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    That's a poor argument.

I'm not an American so will not comment on what infringes on liberties. Because the law changes draw so much ire and debate, I'd rather speak of smaller things, like having a physical barrier that actually requires some effort to get through to one's property as a primary means of determining if someone is intentionally trying to get through to your place, or has just accidentally pulled up into the wrong driveway.

Deleted
    In this case it is clearly second degree murder, as he backed down and yelled he had no intention to rob him.

This was an old military veteran who probably had both health problems and mental problems. Frankly, he should not have owned a gun. However, arguments that he "should have known better" or "should have seen the car was in reverse, not forward", etc. fail to take into account the very real possibility of PTSD, depression, dissociative disorders, etc. this man has probably suffered from for a large portion of his life.

This falls less under a deliberate murder, and more under the premise that the mentally ill should NOT own firearms. It also is a reflection of the fact that we, as a country, have completely failed to provide the mentally ill with adequate care and (when necessary) supervision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Trigger happy gun culture.
    Ive always thought that the believing you have an absolute right to anything, often leads to stupidity with said thing due to ease of access by stupid people who should never have owned a gun.

Naturally responsible people, from my obeservation, almost never suffer from illusions of grandeur over their rights.

I also feel really sorry for his girlfriend who witnessed all of that and had his blood on her. Talk about traumatizing.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?