Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Ive always thought that the believing you have an absolute right to anything, often leads to stupidity with said thing due to ease of access by stupid people who should never have owned a gun.

Naturally responsible people, from my obeservation, almost never suffer from illusions of grandeur over their rights.
    Yeah I agree with this. And I think that gun control is less about actual control, and more about changing the abundance of irresponsible culture associated with guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hmm okay so I actually read the article and there were four people in the car, sounds like they were all young Hispanics. And the shooter was an old white guy who said he thought he was being robbed. He shot the driver while he was in the driver's seat, trying to back out of the driveway. So this old white guy just assumes any time some Hispanics turn up in his driveway he's being invaded? And shoots before they even get out of the car.

Yeah, don't think he has a leg to stand on there.
    And if you read the article, his brother says he doesn't think there was any racial motivation.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Yeah I agree with this. And I think that gun control is less about actual control, and more about changing the abundance of irresponsible culture associated with guns.
    I agree with this. I'm indifferent on the topic of whether guns should be banned or not, but I believe the way people behave with guns does need to change. I've seen enough youtube videos of people shooting guns and almost killing people that it seems like a major culture issue.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

10+ Year Old Account
    In that situation, the chances of the guy's purpose in rolling down his window being taking a shot at the homeowner as he drives away are more than enough to justify firing. I see no issue here. Do not go onto someone else’s property at night and do anything that might be in any way be construed as a threatening or potentially aggressive action otherwise shooting you is entirely justified.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    In that situation, the chances of the guy's purpose in rolling down his window being taking a shot at the homeowner as he drives away are more than enough to justify firing. I see no issue here. Do not go onto someone else’s property at night and do anything that might be in any way be construed as a threatening or potentially aggressive action otherwise shooting you is entirely justified.
    That level of absurd paranoia can't be healthy.

Yeah you have to be insane to think going down a driveway and rolling down your window warrants being shot.

Are you fucking serious? The guy pulls up, realizes it's the wrong house, begins backing away, and tries to apologize, gets killed, and it's ok? I also see no reference in the story to the time of day this happened.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ifs and Buts dont pass in a court of law. and a person can constue ANYTHING as threatening if they;re nutty enough.

Deleted
    No, just a complete no to everything you just said.

You know why.

In that situation, the chances of the guy's purpose in rolling down his window being taking a shot at the homeowner as he drives away are more than enough to justify firing
    No it doesn't. Ridiculously paranoid sentiments like yours is the reason why guns in America are vilified across the rest of the civilised world, while responsible gun owners are the collateral damage. This will not fly in any court of law.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 04:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Right
    It's not right. It's ridiculous and untenable paranoia, and society should not encourage it.

now only if that bullet that he shot up came down on someone

10+ Year Old Account
    Rolling down the window isn't a justification to fire. That's not a reasonable threat.

And it's not like the victim purposely drove onto the man's property in the first place. It was a common mistake. The victim did not make any action that could be construed, by a rational person, as threatening or aggressive.
    Putin khuliyo

semaphore do the world a favor and pull into this guy's drive way and get ventilated.

Received infraction.

~Badpaladin
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-30 at 04:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    semaphore do the world a favor and pull into this guy's drive way and get ventilated.
    Well aren't you incredibly delightful this evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone's feisty today. Is there really any reason to wish harm on other posters?

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    this is so stupid. this man is a threat to society and should never have been allowed to buy a gun. throw him away for the rest of his life.
    Why shouldn't he be allowed to? He is a veteran and he served his country, which means he has more of a right than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Hmm? Oh, I like to use right when I'm saying I understand what the person's saying, (But, not necessarily agreeing with them) but, internet being internet I couldn't proper associate the correct facial expressions and intonations when using right in that sense, so I'll go edit it.
    Oh, ok, I see what you mean. I thought you were agreeing with his paranoia that its a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    Why shouldn't he be allowed to?
    This whole thread is why.

I see you're still mad that anti-marriage equality homophobes are no longer the majority.

Can we just have a fucking sub-forum for gun discussion? This is just getting annoying.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Yeah...that happened. But it doesn't mean the home owner had the right and won't be prosecuted...guns kill people daily, and guess what, even sometimes "accidentally".

And like stated before, where are all the stories of responsible gun owners?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    Why shouldn't he be allowed to? He is a veteran and he served his country, which means he has more of a right than anyone.
    You serious? I respect the vets and all but no, they don't get more rights than everyone.
    Putin khuliyo