Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    That kind of thinking is exactly why the US has so much gun killing for silly reasons, you perceive everyone as a threat, and with the amounts of gun out there, it's understandable.

And that's exactly the problem, people thinking, yeah we can all have guns, now we are safe, while actually what happens is that everyone is on edge and feels threatened all the time.

In my entire life, I haven't even seen or heard a gun, except a couple of times where I just saw cops with their guns on their belt, I don't feel threatened because I know I don't risk my life on the street because some guy with a gun could go crazy. Worst case scenario some crazy comes at me with a knife and since I am a sprinter he'll have a hard time catching up with me
    The real problem is even if we made all guns illegal starting right now there would be a crazy amount of them out on the street. And the only thing that would change is everyone with a gun would then be a criminal. It's a bad situation with no real way out of it unless everyone in the world throws their guns into a fire at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    Guns aren't the problem.......what if he used a crossbow....the problem is people. Moral of the story, if a homeowner fires a warning shot and is yelling get off my property, don't roll down your window to apologize, just gtfoutta there.
    He was backing up. The moral of the story is that we need to stop having such a pervasive "I can be as stupid as I want with a guy because 2nD AMENDMENT!!!11!1" culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad judgment on his part and I hope he is punished accordingly

Now, I bring you to this story where a quintessential American hero was buried with the things he loves, which are hamburgers. Why? Because op's topic is but a distraction.

The 88-year-old Kime died Jan. 20, and during his funeral procession a few days later, members of Kime's family took a detour to the Burger King drive-through.

Linda Phiel, one of Kime's three daughters, said her dad loved fast food and ate it daily. "He always lived by his own rules," she said. "His version of eating healthy was the lettuce on the Whopper Jr."

The York (Pa.) Daily Record spoke with Phiel, who explained that when her mother was alive, she tried to keep his eating habits in check. "When she died, for a while, he would eat with us," she said. "But he considered us health freaks because we ate things that were green, like broccoli."

After a while, Phiel stopped trying to talk her dad into eating more veggies. "When you're 88 years old, I guess you've earned the right to do what you want to do," she said.

The funeral procession ordered a whopping 40 of the Whopper Jr. burgers, including one for the dearly departed. Kime's Whopper was placed on top of his flag draped casket before burial.

The Burger King's manager, Margaret Hess, said, "It's nice to know he was a loyal customer up until the end—the very end."
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...223116411.html
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    The real problem is even if we made all guns illegal starting right now there would be a crazy amount of them out on the street. And the only thing that would change is everyone with a gun would then be a criminal. It's a bad situation with no real way out of it unless everyone in the world throws their guns into a fire at the same time.
    I know, never said they had to do it or that it would work, I am just stating that the amount of guns in the US makes you feel threatened all the time. It basic a cold war between the people in the US.

You never know who has a gun and who will use it, so better shoot first !

But the should start to reduce the amount of weapons circulating, making better controls etc, more lessons on how to handle gun's in a good way etc, make guns more expensive. It's a slow and difficult task but they really should start it, the sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    He was backing up. The moral of the story is that we need to stop having such a pervasive "I can be as stupid as I want with a guy because 2nD AMENDMENT!!!11!1" culture.
    Again, it's not about guns. It's about people. People are afraid for good reason. The homeowner lives Ina neighborhood rife with violence and gangs. He should have the right to defend his home. This is simply an accident, and is unfortunate.

How many people are killed by guns in a gun free zone such as Chicago? More gun deaths happened in Chicago alone, than soldiers killed in Iraq/Afghanistan.

What if the homeowner used a high powered crossbow?

Again, it's not about guns. It's about people. People are afraid for good reason. The homeowner lives Ina neighborhood rife with violence and gangs. He should have the right to defend his home. This is simply an accident, and is unfortunate.

How many people are killed by guns in a gun free zone such as Chicago? More gun deaths happened in Chicago alone, than soldiers killed in Iraq/Afghanistan.

What if, and here's a crazy thought, the crazy fucker stopped a minute and assessed the situation rather than thinking "Car in driveway, don't recognize it, grab the ammo!"
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2013-01-30 at 05:36 AM. Reason: LOL midnight typos

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, I must laugh at all of the people defending the property owner/blaming the guy in the vehicle. Putting the gun debate aside, it was a paranoid idiot with a gun. It doesn't get much more cut and dry than that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    What if, and hear's a crazy thought, the crazy fucker stopped a minute and assessed the situation rather than thinking "Car in driveway, don't recognize it, grab the ammo!"
    So your admitting the problem is with the person, not the guns?

So your admitting the problem is with the person, not the guns?
    I've never in my life said differently. People are just too fucking paranoid.

10+ Year Old Account

Again, if he were a rational, respecable gun owner, he would have assessed the situation first, and realized that it dod not call for lethal force. No, his conclusion was that it was better to shoot first, ask questions later. Thats the kind of attitude that needs to DIE from our culture.

and I never blamed guns. I blamed a certain culture that has poped up in relation to the 2nd amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I've never in my life said differently. People are just too fucking paranoid.
    I'm assuming you have never lived in an area with a lot of gang activity?

10+ Year Old Account

Uhhh this guy shouldn't own a gun or a high-powered crossbow if he just shoots people ACCIDENTLY backing up into his driveway. Violent neighboorhood or not. You have to be careful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    What kind of Christian person shoots someone? Especially without asking any questions or without hesitation? That is the exact opposite of what the bible tells you to do. Ontop of that, He thought his house was going to get robbed. I understand that would be a scary situation if that was what really happening but come on. Your stuff isn't worth killing someone over. I mean if the driver really was an armed robber he would have probably shot back and killed or seriously hurt him aswell.
    THOU SHALT NOT KILL, unless they are on your driveway then go for it, SAYITH THE LORD.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 12:40 AM ----------

Guns aren't the problem.......what if he used a crossbow....the problem is people. Moral of the story, if a homeowner fires a warning shot and is yelling get off my property, don't roll down your window to apologize, just gtfoutta there.
    and we don't want those PEOPLE to have GUNS because they are WEAPONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Again, if he were a rational, respecable gun owner, he would have assessed the situation first, and realized that it dod not call for lethal force. No, his conclusion was that it was better to shoot first, ask questions later. Thats the kind of attitude that needs to DIE from our culture.

and I never blamed guns. I blamed a certain culture that has poped up in relation to the 2nd amendment.
    I don't know what culture your referring to... To say these accidental shootings are a new trend is uneducated at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what culture your referring to... To say these accidental shootings are a new trend is uneducated at best.
    It doesn't change the fact this guy killed an innocent life in paranoia. This guy really shouldn't hold onto a gun.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Uhhh this guy shouldn't own a gun or a high-powered crossbow if he just shoots people ACCIDENTLY backing up into his driveway. Violent neighboorhood or not. You have to be careful.
    Pulled forward into, not backed into

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    In fairness gays shouldn't allowed to marry, as it's a religious institution that is pretty clear what it does and doesn't allow. But that's a different topic all together.

Sorry but No. You couldn't be more wrong. Long before religion came to play, marriage was used to help determine distribution of wealth among families of the deceased and for diplomatic purposes among families and foreign nations. All of this was prevalent in ancient societies far before ANY religion played a role in what YOU perceive as marriage. Open your history book pal.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2013-01-30 at 05:50 AM.

I'm assuming you have never lived in an area with a lot of gang activity?
    Actually, I've lived about 3 blocks from a drug house. Wasn't run by a gang per se, but it still wasn't filled with nice people.

They didn't fuck with people that didn't get involved. Took the police about 2 years to get enough evidence to finally raid the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It doesn't change the fact this guy killed an innocent life in paranoia. This guy really shouldn't hold onto a gun.
    Well he probably will have some penalty. But to blame a culture, or the weapon is simply misguided

10+ Year Old Account
    The culture of just because we have an amendment guaranteeing we can have guns, means that we can do just about whatever we like with them. This is primairily a problem with the utterly stupid. Such as leaving your saftey off, or leaving it within reach of a kid, or firing it just for the hell of it in a residential area, or firing it into the air FORGETTING THAT LAW OF GRAVITY APPLY TO EVERYTHING.

Reasonable, respectful gun owners know how to properly secure their gun, as well as how to respectfuly operate one. My issue is with the cowboy mentality.