Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Pot time - Stampede vs Heroism?

There are some fights where I can't align Stampede with Heroism (Bloodlust/Timewarp/Hysteria), either because of my own blunders, or because it's used when it gives most benefit for raid overall, but not for me personally...
    So, in those cases, is it more beneficial to use the potion during Heroism, or during Stampede? I was wondering if anyone calculated it. Personally, I'm leaning towards Stampede for BM / Heroism for SV.
    Old Gods made me do it.

you can use 2 potions for try, one before the pull and another in the combat.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    you can use 2 potions for try, one before the pull and another in the combat.
    I thought it would be pretty obvious that I'm not talking about pre-pot.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Save for Double BW with Readiness

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Save for Double BW with Readiness
    Oh, that's a good point. And that should also be about time for second Stampede too, since same CD as readiness...
    Old Gods made me do it.

Well, since you are not talking about pre-pot (what you can 'align' with stampede, cause you'll use it on the pull), why you couldnt align all the 3 (pot, stamped and BL)?

If the BL wasnt on the pull, on most fights stampede CD will be up again when BL is used, so you can hold your pot to these moments...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Oh, that's a good point. And that should also be about time for second Stampede too, since same CD as readiness...
    And Kill Shot range too! ZOMG!!

Always with Stampede/Readiness. Using it with a haste gain doesn't even compare to using it with your big 5 minute cooldowns.

What fights are they not lining up for you? You should use your first Stampede/Readiness at the very start of the fight and then saving them once they come up again for execute phase. Those two points are almost always when your guild should be using hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Save the pot for lust. stampede should be up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Save the pot for lust. stampede should be up again.
    I wouldn't advise this. If you can align your second pot with anything + stampede it is better than using it with just heroism up. Although It would be ideal if heroism aligned with your stampede then it would be a no brainer to pot since you get a bunch of extra attacks and you most likely have all your CDs up.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I wouldn't advise this. If you can align your second pot with anything + stampede it is better than using it with just heroism up. Although It would be ideal if heroism aligned with your stampede then it would be a no brainer to pot since you get a bunch of extra attacks and you most likely have all your CDs up.
    This. Stampede is our single biggest CD in terms of damage output, not to mention pot uptime lasts roughly the same time as stampede. But unless the fight lasts less then 5 minutes, there is no reason for you not to use stampede, pot, and hopefully some other CDs along with lust, assuming it's not used right off the bat.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-02-01 at 12:33 AM.

Deleted
    Happens a lot that the raid doesn't know or care how important it is. If you don't hero/lust at the start, small chance it'll happen on the right time later on.
    Always use the pot when your stampede+amoc is back with readiness.
    For SV too btw. SV gains nothing from casting CS faster since you're likely to be spamming AS between other shots and still see your focus go up due to TotH during hero/lust.

For SV it might become beneficial to pot on hero/lust during heavy aoe phases. Wind lord could have been one of those bosses if it was executed differently. Horridon could also be one but I think almost everyone will hero/lust when the boss joins the fight at the end.