Thread: Strategy

Strategy

I was just wondering if there were any threads/places i should be looking for basic strategies for fights, heroic or not. The fatboss raid guides are mostly what I have been going off of, but I was looking for any discussion/more up to date strategies. ie. How many healers, how many tanks, etc.
    Thanks in advance!

I enjoy Guides from Vox immortalis on youtube, he really explains the boss mechanics really well. Just search for vox immortalis or GabeStah on youtube.

Indeed if there is one great video maker out there it is indeed from kulldam. A lot of people think he's too wordy and his videos are a bit long, but that's because he explains it all. He isn't super flashy, loud, and showing a niche way of doing something. He breaks it down step by step and usually includes a kill video at the end w/mumble chat. Try not to listen to him too late in the night because his voice might put you to sleep! lol

http://www.icy-veins.com/raids-wow

is a good place to start, lists abilities and explains them pretty nicely. But usually not quite enough to get your own strategy complete, especially with later hard mode bosses. Forums are the best for that imo, right here on MMOChamp.

I personally have found that the majority of raid tactic videos are very lacking. They serve as a starting point for you to figure out how your group will adapt to each boss, but are rarely to be followed verbatim unless you have top 1% players in your group.

Normally when ANY of the narators of the various raid tactic vidoes states "and this is easily healable raid damage" I have to chuckle knowing that nothing could be farther from the truth.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

When I'm preparing for a new boss that I've heard is difficult, I'll watch fatboss, vox, and icy-veins guides. I'll run a scan on the boss name on the forums here and at the Blizzard main site (both US and EU) and see if there are any long threads. Often that dredges up class-specific tips or woes that I can pass on to my group.

Number of healers and number of tanks is often a hotly contested point in various encounters. I've found that icy-veins has a decent ballpark estimate, but our group often deviates from their optimum recommended setting.

If you're looking for a more personal preparation for a given encounter, don't neglect your class forums on this site and elsewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    icy-veins.com/raids-wow

is a good place to start, lists abilities and explains them pretty nicely. But usually not quite enough to get your own strategy complete, especially with later hard mode bosses. Forums are the best for that imo, right here on MMOChamp.
    Indeed, Icy-Veins is good for a basic grasp on fights. For real info you'd best be checking forums.

Try this. Has fatboss, Vox and tips & tricks videos for every boss on normal and heroic in one thread. Believe it is all 10m. Never looked at Vox though so I'm not sure what they are (10/25).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-in-one-place

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=wow+raiding+guide

As already mentioned Icy veins is a good spot to start with. As you didn't describe which language you prefer I guess we should restrict to english sites but as a german site I can suggest www.hordeguides.de
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

I forgot - I like these guides too.

http://pardeuxraids.com/index.html

Thanks a ton!

Right now I am just trying to get every edge for our raid group as I can. We are 10/16 2/16HM and starting to get down to the nitty gritty parts of fights that stop us from progressing further. We have had a 2 week slump where people quit/were busy/couldnt make raid so now that everyone is going to be back I want to be on top of my game.