Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    People have always been able to be dicks in game. Stop trying to point blame to something you don't like.
    Sure but they were punished by social pressure or gkicks. Nowdays you dont.
    Its not like you could go to raid selecting "yeah im healer", be afk follow and die due that and still get rewarded loot and not get punished at all.
    Maybe get kicked from LFR if someone cares enough (not many do) and just queue up next time cooldown goes off.
    No one will know cept those 24 randoms. No one aint gonna gkick you over that.

Edit:

So now you admit people could always be dicks, and trying to pull in "reputation" as the reason. Man Mitt anything you want to flop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    it went down hill when people could be a bag of dicks and not be held responsible for thier actions.
    Or am I confused here ;P
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2013-01-30 at 06:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda like your useless post?

OT:

The community really went down hill with lfg and things like that.
    No it didn't. It went down when they introduced arena and shortened the raiding size to 25 players.

Hey, guess what expansion THAT happened in!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    So now you admit people could always be dicks, and trying to pull in "reputation" as the reason. Man Mitt anything you want to flop?
    As Iceleaf said they were punished by social pressure or gkicks. Also I remember back in bc when you would get suspend for cussing someone out now days nothing happens. I never said people could not be dicks stop cherry picking.

Deleted
    I play wow since Vanilla, i started on my old brother's account, and in my opinion...

WoW is better now, and my favourite expansion is Wrath of the Lich King.
    I mean, WoW was cool for the time when it came up, but you would cry if the game was still like before.
    The game would have a huge lack of content, now you always have something to do, while on vanilla, everyone was greykilling in Stranglethorn valley to wait the next raid or something.
    Plus, the game was more rewarding the investment than the skill, a problem in my opinion since you can't play the game without giving up your real life. (I'm saying that, and i actually pass almost all of my time on the game).
    40 players raids was a bad idea, my PC had hard times to hold it.
    I also do not think that making access for dungeons harder than the dungeon itself is a great idea ...

And i also remember of BRD, charming for sure but ... "Where am i supposed to go ?".

Btw i'm still playing WoW with players i encountered in the game 5 years ago, and it's a kind of family, i never felt a lack of community features, also, my server's channels are truly living and i can talk with many players.

As Iceleaf said they were punished by social pressure or gkicks. Also I remember back in bc when you would get suspend for cussing someone out now days nothing happens. I never said people could not be dicks stop cherry picking.
    And dicks most of the time get votekicked in LFR and LFG, in my experience. Also, you can still get suspended for cussing someone out.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

People could always be dicks in game but they were stuck with other dicks. Stop acting like reputation did not matter before WOTLK
    reputation has always mattered, still matters, and always will.
    where did wow go wrong? no place.
    where did the community go wrong? they when wrong when they started putting up with crap rather then fighting crap, just like modern Real Life people.
    don't like jerks in LFR? don't do LFR then
    don't like jerks in random heroics? run with your guild
    don't like CRZ? wait.. that has nothing to do with jerks, anything they can do to be jerks can be reported for harassment! you know that that goes for randoms and LFR also. hmmmmmm the only issue I can see is when people don't report harassment or vote kick and instead just let it happen then complain on forums/trade chat/guild chat/general chat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Sure but they were punished by social pressure or gkicks. Nowdays you dont.
    Its not like you could go to raid selecting "yeah im healer", be afk follow and die due that and still get rewarded loot and not get punished at all.
    Maybe get kicked from LFR if someone cares enough (not many do) and just queue up next time cooldown goes off.
    No one will know cept those 24 randoms. No one aint gonna gkick you over that.

Edit:

Or am I confused here ;P

I think he skims it or does not read it

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 10:29 PM ----------

And dicks most of the time get votekicked in LFR and LFG, in my experience. Also, you can still get suspended for cussing someone out.
    From my experience they tend to not get vote kicked or have a huge timer or have their buddies with em. The new report system really does not work I can honestly say from personal experience Blizzard use to suspended more in Prior to WOTLK

too many realms too few players for all the realms instead of CRZ merging dead or low pop realms would have been better
    LFG, LFR and random bg where a most welcome addition to the game, if you felt this changed your social interaction you were totally free to not use em and stick with your friends to do those, we there is also the real id system now you can now add people you meet on the LFG,LFR and random bg even if they are from another realm
    about your friends leaving only thing i can say friends come and go, the best we can do is enjoy their company while it last
    the social aspect of wow is as dead as you let it be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    reputation has always mattered, still matters, and always will.
    Not Really reputations don't matter if the people are not on your sever or you can que to a raid or group

where did wow go wrong? no place.
    Highly debatable

where did the community go wrong? they when wrong when they started putting up with crap rather then fighting crap, just like modern Real Life people.
    Well other things made it easier

don't like jerks in LFR? don't do LFR then
    Still rewards and breeds the bad behavior

don't like jerks in random heroics? run with your guild

Still rewards and breeds the bad behavior

don't like CRZ? wait.. that has nothing to do with jerks, anything they can do to be jerks can be reported for harassment! you know that that goes for randoms and LFR also. hmmmmmm the only issue I can see is when people don't report harassment or vote kick and instead just let it happen then complain on forums/trade chat/guild chat/general chat
    Right click use the temp ignore report that does...... wait for it nothing.

Already answered the vote kicking

But the truth is, it didn't. If you could consider the community went down then it was when WoW got bigger. You can't blame a feature for a bad community in a MMO that has millions of players.
    From my opinion, WoW community went downhill after Ulduar. At that point WoW was at it's highest levels of subscribers ever. It wasn't until after Ulduar where we saw a decline in both population and player behavior. By the end of the expansion, LFD had been introduced and the sub numbers were on their way down. Coincidence or Cause? So truth is up to the player. Personally, I see it as a major cause of the decline in WoW.

To me, the features are pretty much 100% responsible. What the feature of LFD and LFR, along with other services such as the paid faction, name, server, etc. chance, are what's killing WoW. No matter how big of an ass you are, there are ways to avoid the reputation that goes with it. Blacklisted on your server due to your behavior? Hop into some LFR or LFD and continue your behavior with strangers you'll never see again. Roll on whatever you want, say and do what you want, etc. Then, if your name becomes so tarnished that it's blacklisted across server after server, just pay to change your name and them bam, fresh start.

The "Death of WoW" is due to the players and the developers. Taking responsibility for the player's actions away causes more problems then it solved. Yes, you no longer have to wait 10 minutes to find a tank or healer, but it comes at the cost of the multiplayer aspect of this MMO.

It went wrong when LFG was implemented back in Wrath.

One could argue it also went wrong when cross server battlegrounds were implemented. I remember back in Vanilla having same realm matches and it was awesome. As for LFG all it's done is cripple same realm grouping, same realm grouping still exists but i see it rarely after all why waste effort when forming a group is only 1/2 clicks away.

The sad thing about LFG as well is despite it's obvious failings community wise it's been rather successful and as such other MMO's have adopted it into their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    From my opinion, WoW community went downhill after Ulduar. At that point WoW was at it's highest levels of subscribers ever. It wasn't until after Ulduar where we saw a decline in both population and player behavior. By the end of the expansion, LFD had been introduced and the sub numbers were on their way down. Coincidence or Cause? So truth is up to the player. Personally, I see it as a major cause of the decline in WoW.

To me, the features are pretty much 100% responsible. What the feature of LFD and LFR, along with other services such as the paid faction, name, server, etc. chance, are what's killing WoW. No matter how big of an ass you are, there are ways to avoid the reputation that goes with it. Blacklisted on your server due to your behavior? Hop into some LFR or LFD and continue your behavior with strangers you'll never see again. Roll on whatever you want, say and do what you want, etc. Then, if your name becomes so tarnished that it's blacklisted across server after server, just pay to change your name and them bam, fresh start.

The "Death of WoW" is due to the players and the developers. Taking responsibility for the player's actions away causes more problems then it solved. Yes, you no longer have to wait 10 minutes to find a tank or healer, but it comes at the cost of the multiplayer aspect of this MMO.
    100% agree and well said. You are right it did go down with TOC

Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    That is an opinion. Mine differs. I played another mmo before wow. I remember the hours of manually putting together groups, and hours spent running on video game foot to get to camp sites so I could get xp. I remember when finding a group was so precious that you carried several levels of gear, spells, and consumables with you because you couldn't afford to leave a group once you were in it.

Those games still exist to some degree or another. They tend to have smaller populations and fewer servers. I'm sure they have room for anybody who truly longs for those times.

As for me, no thanks. I do remember enjoying some of my guilds more ten years ago. I also remember putting people on ignore back then as well. The game hasn't changed that much. I still have the option to develop positive relationships with other players. I just don't have to spend time idling while I wait for a group to have all the magical elements to mean I could maybe do a few hours of xp or endgame content.

People don't want to pay subs for content they "might" get to see some time. Not because it is difficult, but because the grouping aspect becomes a mini-game of acceptance and rejection based on superficial factors.

I agree that if everyone believed as I do that it's ok to go for content at minimal gear levels and be willing to coordinate and keep trying even through dying, that would be fun. I don't think that it's for everybody, and I am not interested in always being preached to about how if I don't always play that way I am somehow less of a human being.

If you find that your interests have moved on, that's cool. If you feel the need to say that the game has gone wrong, you may be suspect. The game still manages millions of active players every day for almost a decade with no sign of slowing down. It's crazy. A phenomenon even.

Yet these threads keep popping up like a drunk boy at a party who can't get over his ex. He just won't stop talking about the "mistakes" she is making when it is clear that whoever is ex is, she has clearly moved on and is doing fine.

/applause

the best overall post i have read on forums for many months.

Right click use the temp ignore report that does...... wait for it nothing.

Already answered the vote kicking
    1. Wrong it does work. Talk to some one who has gotten a ban from a language report.
    2. A harassment report is not a right click report it is a ticket report. Which Defiantly work.
    3. It's exactly that "I can't make a difference so ill do nothing but whine" attitude that I am talking about. you don't even TRY to fight the jerks with the tools blizzard has given you.
    Wise monk says:
    Do nothing and nothing will happen, grasshopper.

Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    That is an opinion. Mine differs. I played another mmo before wow. I remember the hours of manually putting together groups, and hours spent running on video game foot to get to camp sites so I could get xp. I remember when finding a group was so precious that you carried several levels of gear, spells, and consumables with you because you couldn't afford to leave a group once you were in it.

Those games still exist to some degree or another. They tend to have smaller populations and fewer servers. I'm sure they have room for anybody who truly longs for those times.

As for me, no thanks. I do remember enjoying some of my guilds more ten years ago. I also remember putting people on ignore back then as well. The game hasn't changed that much. I still have the option to develop positive relationships with other players. I just don't have to spend time idling while I wait for a group to have all the magical elements to mean I could maybe do a few hours of xp or endgame content.

People don't want to pay subs for content they "might" get to see some time. Not because it is difficult, but because the grouping aspect becomes a mini-game of acceptance and rejection based on superficial factors.

I agree that if everyone believed as I do that it's ok to go for content at minimal gear levels and be willing to coordinate and keep trying even through dying, that would be fun. I don't think that it's for everybody, and I am not interested in always being preached to about how if I don't always play that way I am somehow less of a human being.

If you find that your interests have moved on, that's cool. If you feel the need to say that the game has gone wrong, you may be suspect. The game still manages millions of active players every day for almost a decade with no sign of slowing down. It's crazy. A phenomenon even.

Yet these threads keep popping up like a drunk boy at a party who can't get over his ex. He just won't stop talking about the "mistakes" she is making when it is clear that whoever is ex is, she has clearly moved on and is doing fine.
    Best post in this thread was completely ignored. I completely agree with this guy.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    No it didn't. It went down when they introduced arena and shortened the raiding size to 25 players.

Hey, guess what expansion THAT happened in!
    Been around since the end of Classic and I agree. Arena and the end of 40mans was what destroyed a bit part of the communauty (imo). Arena by creating arrogant brats. Then the whole game got designed after 3v3 arena (ups / nerf) screwing pve balance and destroying specs every patch since then.

The commuauty was already rotten by elitism and "be rude to be cool" before Wotlk hit. I would even dare saying Achievements made it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post

without lfd and lfr, wow would have lost prolly 40% + of its player base easy, which would effect content production in a HUGE way. they are some of the features expected in every mmo that comes out now for a reason. they provide the largest player base of a game a means to experience the games full content. though i dont partake in either myself (in a well progressed 25man), i couldnt imagine blizz trying to lure in new players without them.

too may people forget that the vaste majority of current wow players are very, very, very casual. with 'hardcore' gamers making up less then 15% imo.

Nothings changed. There's just as many ignorant retards running around as there was in 2004.

Absolutely nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Here's a fresh, new topic that's never been covered before.
    I'll pick on this since it's a good example of things not to do when posting. If you feel the topic has been beat to death and there's nothing worth saying about it, don't say anything. Just walk on by and look for a topic where you can contribute. This is excellent advice for anyone in any topic on any forum.

If someone thinks they have something to add then add it. What's quoted doesn't have anything to do with anything. Don't make posts about nothing.

More on topic: I don't know if this is where WoW went wrong or not. For some people, I suppose so. For others, not so much. In any case one person's opinion is just that. Being in a good social/raiding guild can solve a lot of problems and help to avoid the evils, real or imagined, of LFD/LFR. WoW's community has always been a problem. It was not exactly unicorns, roses and a lovefest during either vanilla or BC. It may be worse now but again, that's just personal perspective and isn't necessarily factual with regard to everyone else.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-30 at 06:56 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    People have always been able to be dicks in game. Stop trying to point blame to something you don't like.
    Good luck being a dick or a ninja in tbc and finding people to group with.