Deleted

Scenarios to replace lost questlines / ancient lore moments

I've just been looking at Ghostcrawler's recent tweets and noticed a reply to @taximals who had asked about implementing the "Battle For Undercity" as a scenario. This got me thinking, what other old and removed classic quest chains or moments of lore could be created as a scenario? Quite obviously the old quest lines would need to be beefed up or maybe told through the eyes of a third party who watches events unfold from the sidelines.

The ones I could come up with are:

- Battle For Undercity (obviously not me)
    - Unmasking Onyxia quest chain
    - The Tirion Fordring "Look what they did to my son" chain from old Eastern Plaguelands.
    - The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj opening, maybe a nice pretty mount while we're inside ;-)
    - Escape of the Draenei from Argus
    - Battle of Shattrath City
    - Varian Wrynn's escape / Missing Diplomat quest chain
    - Destruction of the Dragon Soul by Rhonin
    - Defense of the Mountain Pass by Broxigar
    - Mankrik's wife (semi joke but could be fleshed out)
    - Death of Medivh
    - Aegwynn vs Avatar of Sargeras
    - Birth of the First Guardian of Tirisfal
    - Sully Balloo's letter / Defense of Thandol Span

Anyone think of anymore?

Edit: grammar, adding more.
    Last edited by mmocf7a202b61f; 2013-01-30 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    Theramores fall but akin to Tides of War, destroying northwatch with those crazy elementals, the ambush in the marsh, holding the gates to repel the horde attackers etc.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd LOVE that. Maybe also tie the scenarios to the Caverns of time

10+ Year Old Account
    My life would be a little more complete if I could go back and fight with Broxigar.

I do think that that's what they'll use them for. Times/Areas that don't make sense/aren't a part of the main world that they want to show, without simply doing a cinematic or just "telling the story" via text/voice overs. Scenarios are a perfect way to do it, since it's not exactly shoved down people's throats like a questline, but accessible by everyone who wants to do it.

BTW, think you can link to that tweet, I've not seen it and I want to know what was said.

I think it'd be awesome if the implemented a series of purely lore related Scenarios. They could even tie them to the Lorewalkers by having some of them move to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms and become interested in the history surrounding our society and culture. It could also be a chance to use CoT again (although that little circle is awfully full now and I think most of the WoW population is sick to death of the place.)
    Maybe something similar to the Brawler's Arena in that you earn rep by completing each Scenario and each completion opens up a new one, further expanding on the Lore. Offer loot akin to last patches LFR to allow for some easier catching up for alts.

Would be an awesome way to learn more about the amazing story behind the game without buying books or searching for the RTS games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    My life would be a little more complete if I could go back and fight with Broxigar.

I do think that that's what they'll use them for. Times/Areas that don't make sense/aren't a part of the main world that they want to show, without simply doing a cinematic or just "telling the story" via text/voice overs. Scenarios are a perfect way to do it, since it's not exactly shoved down people's throats like a questline, but accessible by everyone who wants to do it.

BTW, think you can link to that tweet, I've not seen it and I want to know what was said.
    I have no idea how to directly link a tweet but I've taken the link from the URL when I'm logged in looking at the conversation

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...22817472319489

I hate questing with a fiery passion but even I loved the Cypher of Damnation and Gorefiend lines in Shadowmoon Valley (and the Sceptre chain, but you mentioned that already). I'd love to see those again somehow.

It's a great idea but scenarios tend to be quite short, I'm not sure if you could fit some of those storylines into a scenario without comprimising them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    I think it'd be awesome if the implemented a series of purely lore related Scenarios. They could even tie them to the Lorewalkers by having some of them move to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms and become interested in the history surrounding our society and culture.
    This gave me an idea. Instead of our own characters participating in the now-passed lore events akin to Caverns of Time, the scenarios would be like stories narrated to us by someone else, much like the scout report quests in Jade Forest. We would be given an appearance of a lore character relevant to the story (like the human/night elven illusions in CoT), but retain our own class abilities etc. How cool would that be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's a great idea but scenarios tend to be quite short, I'm not sure if you could fit some of those storylines into a scenario without comprimising them.
    I hadn't meant exactlty replicate the quest chain with these, more of a "nod" to some of them. Say for example the Sully Balloo letter, the quest started by finding the note under the destroyed bridge. The scenario could have been how it got there.

The Varian Wrynn one wouldn't be the multi part quest chain we know from vanilla/tbc but the unimplemented conclusion shown only in comics (I think)

I really like the long drawn out quest chains. Scenarios are pretty boring to me.

Troll wars against Aqir, Dwarf Clan Wars, Nerubian war against the scourge
    Twas brillig

Broxigar's battle with the demons/Sargeras after he jumps through the portal. Also another vote here for Dwarf Clan Wars, that'd be awesome.