Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Who gives a damn about such little country. OP NO ONE cares.
    Possibly the rest of Europe.

Deleted
    Saw a bit of her speech yesterday while channel surfing (I'm from Slovenia, but my hometown is ~20 kms from the border so we get some of your channels) and unfortunately I was just finishing my Pepsi. Needless to say my nasal passage and nostrils got hurt.

I keep tabs on your politics, especially with the current bullshit bickering over NLB and general douchebaggery over you guys joining EU, so that whole ordeal was so ridiculous I would've pinched myself if my nose didn't get flushed with Pepsi.

People as malevolent and ignorant as her shouldn't be able to excercize their right of free speech, I'm still astonished over her statements and the fact that she actually gets invited anywhere.
    I just hope she won't cause any permament damage over there and that the morons in our parliament don't decide they should ask her to spew her idiocy here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I'd say things are a bit skewed when it comes to religion. 84% say they're Catholic, yet like 20% go to Church more often than once a year. The thing is, these 84% (those that aren't true Catholics among them) are under the impression there is such a thing as a Catholic culture that you can be a part of (or that you're justified to be a part of even if you're just a deist) simply to continue the Catholic tradition. I donno, I find the whole thing extremely silly.
    Largely Catholic European countries seem to be getting this odd "Atheist Catholic" thing happening. In a 2006 poll in France, 51% identified themselves as Catholic and 31% as atheist, but when asked if they believed in god, 56% said no. So about half of the "Catholics" don't believe in god.

Who gives a damn about such little country. OP NO ONE cares.
    What's your problem mate? It feels like you have something personal against Croatia.

I have been there a couple of times. Amazing beaches, fairly nice people and even briefly dated a Croatian girl, she was an amazing person and still consider her a great friend. I honestly hope to see Croatia in the EU soon as if I would really like to buy property there. I also have friends who bought a summer house in Split. Amazing place.

So for exemple I do care about Croatia. I wish the best for them. Just as I am sure many other European neighbours and the EU in general cares.

I mean I don't even know why I am writing this post. I honestly think you were trolling from the get go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you make it sound like it's something super important for rest of the MMO community, while it's not. You have ego problems in Croatia but it's been like that for long time hasn't it.
    When did he do that? Frankly speaking this is the first time I've seen a topic about Croatia in MMO, it is kind of refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I have been there a couple of times. Amazing beaches, fairly nice people and even briefly dated a Croatian girl, she was an amazing person and still consider her a great friend. I honestly hope to see Croatia in the EU soon as if I would really like to buy property there. I also have friends who bought a summer house in Split. Amazing place.
    Your friend should've gone for the islands. :S

Your friend should've gone for the islands. :S
    Honestly doubt they can afford it buying any of those, if its actually possible to buy them :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Honestly doubt they can afford it buying any of those, if its actually possible to buy them :P
    Oh, no, I meant your friend should've bought a house on one of the larger islands like Brač, Hvar, Krk, etc. Islands are almost always a better choice than the coast at pretty much everything in Croatia. Especially Split. That city is full of extremists. I guess it's the Croatian Malmo.

Oh, no, I meant your friend should've bought a house on one of the larger islands like Brač, Hvar, Krk, etc. Islands are almost always a better choice than the coast at pretty much everything in Croatia. Especially Split. That city is full of extremists. I guess it's the Croatian Malmo.
    Must forgive the foreigners. They bought based on looks, beaches accesibility, cost and recommendation, as foreigners usually do. To be honest when I was there I haven't really seen anything I would have disliked. Service was great, wheater was great, girls were pretty so I had fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest when I was there I haven't really seen anything I would have disliked.
    How about the extremely ugly "skyscrapers"?

Also, if you're gay/bi and tell someone in Split, chances are your face is imminently going to be raped by flying stones.

How about the extremely ugly "skyscrapers"?

Also, if you're gay/bi and tell someone in Split, chances are your face is imminently going to be raped by flying stones.
    Well most of the city is fairly pretty to be honest. But I know very little about the issue the gay community might be facing in different parts of Croatia.
    This actually leads back to the original topic. This is one of the many reasons why Croatia should move forward with European integration process and rid itself from religious loonies, while keeping American loonies in America and let them deal with it. Europe and its different parts has enough issues to deal with, we dont need to import American social politics.

Deleted
    Hey, look at the bright side, only 15 years ago your "level of political polarization" was much higher than the current USA level, isn't that progress?

I'm having a hard time believing that sex Ed is splitting a country in two. As for that women speeches any one with a brain will just ignore her. If those in power are to dim witted to just brush her off maybe it might be time for new officials.

You just made my day by knowing that. Dubrovnik ftw!

Oh, wait, crap. King's Landing ftw!
    I knew that!

It looks really awesome, I need to go to Croatia on vacation sometime.
    Are people over there tall btw? I went to Gymnasium with a dude who's parents are Croatian and fucking hell he(and his dad to) are tall mother effers, he's like 2.10m, a cool guy, he's a pro handball player now, and his father is a police officer.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-30 at 07:29 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Sounds like this Reisman needs to be "validated." Badly.
    What she needs is to get laid -.-!

It is sad to see that there is still remnants of intolerant sexual thinking, good old legacy of the church that has and still does more damage than good.
    Humans are as all animals, sexual creatures, to deny the existence and normality of sex is honestly criminal to the mind and soul (however you want to define soul as)
    Croatia (modern) is a fairly new country and it is sad to see its politics being tainted so fast by intolerant people with an agenda of spreading it.

Intolerance and short-mindedness is akin to a disease, it is restless, it feels the need to impose and to criticize, it spreads and does harm...
    Tolerant people are always at a disavantage as they wont do much to stop intolerance, because... well they are tolerant.

Deleted
    In Osijek, it's not even that big of a news, basically everyone i know just saw that the woman is well....an idiot. I'm just waiting what other nonsense she will spit out while she is here, but honestly it doesn't matter.

I don't think the country is split as the OP said, as i see it the elderly (50+) don't want the sex education to be implemented, they laugh and joke that the kids should teach them. I for one am for it, because this country is a hellhole currently breeding potential alcoholics left and right and with the current upbringing i'm scared for the future. I think it should be here for the next 20 years when we get a good generation of people, but I don't think my generation (I'm 21) will be able to teach their kids about sex like normal people across Europe.

And one more thing the OP said, that SDP has eliminated corruption....I'm afraid we are far far away from that. The problem with our politics that when we elect a party, that party only provides for people who voted for them and screws everyone else. A political party should be responsible for ALL the people, but alas this country still has some bad roots from communism whether you want to admit it or not. I don't know if you remember in the news a couple of weeks ago , there was a poll of somesort that 70% of croatians want to be boss at their work place compared to the 30% of europe. It's because in our culture bosses do nothing but gather the fruits of their employees labor. Our country still has a pretty primitive mentality because many of us still live in villages where things don't....evolve so to speak. But I believe that a better future is on it's way ahead if we work hard enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    When did he do that? Frankly speaking this is the first time I've seen a topic about Croatia in MMO, it is kind of refreshing.
    It's not the first time, but I for one enjoy hearing about what's going on in some of the lower profile countries of the world, especially when it's an interesting topic like the OP made here.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    What she needs is to get laid -.-!
    Isn't that what I just said?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

It's not the first time, but I for one enjoy hearing about what's going on in some of the lower profile countries of the world, especially when it's an interesting topic like the OP made here.
    Norwegian butter crisis

Q4/2012
    Never forget

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Norwegian butter crisis

Q4/2012
    Never forget
    I first learned of that from Scandinavia and the World.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I first learned of that from Scandinavia and the World.
    I learned of it when Norwegians came in droves to steal our butter!