Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I tried 2 ways up till now. The 21/9 offensive build, or the 9/21 defenseive build depending what role I would fulfill. Currently I have AD marks, AD yellows, MR/lvl blue and MS quints. I feel I don't need the armor yellows that hard since most top champs have a relative hard time getting to you because of your E. That and the AD yellows make his ridiculous Q passive do even more damage.

Want more safety? Get AD quints and armor yellows, works fine too.

With both builds I generally want to start with a Long Sword and 2 pots. Seriously, the damage is huge and you really don't spam spells a lot so you shouldn't have mana problems. If I'm to scared I'll get raped, perhaps agaisnt a Good Renekton for example, you could go armor and 5 pots. Or armor, ward and a few pots. Do try to invade, the damage you do with a red passive Q and the double grab is immense. In my opinion, it's far better then Blitz to invade, only downside is that it doesn't pull through most walls of course.

As for items. I feel I've had the most succes with an offensive build. There are good damage items that provide quite good MR, Mercurial or Maw come to mind depending on situation. And you farm like a breeze (and should be farming constantly if you can) so sould provide you with quite some armor too. You feel you need a bit more? Just buy some.

So generally I start with Long Sword + pots, depending how hard the lane is, this can get upgraded to Vamp Scepter with boots, or instantly Berserkers boots if you don't need the Lifesteal. From there it's generally Zephyr (the AS is awesome, the CDR is awesome, the MS is awesome and it has great Tenacity). If they're really low on CC you could switch it with soemthing else. Runaans Hurricane comes to mind, gives no AD, BUT the passive makes you a ridiculous farming monster since the on hit effects also apply to your Q passive. SO you'll do the 10+50% AD to 2 other targets + your passive to 2 extra targets. Combined it's quite a lot and it gives you tons of Attack Speed. I generally always want 1 item with a good amount of AS.

Then I generally get BT. BT is always good, lots of Lifesteal and loads of AD (getting high AD with Runaans and your Q passive is always good). Then it all depends, you have nice tanks/cc/initiation in your team? Get a Black Cleaver or something. You're team lacks some CC or tankyness? Frozen Mallet. You just want a lot of extra health (since you're farily tanky for the damage you do)? Warmogs. It all depends on your team and their team at that point.

The other way was the more bruiser-ish way. Early Brutilizer, Warmogs, Frozen Mallet, Atmas, Maw, Merc Shoes, things like that. This makes you do less damage of course, but on the other hand you're a lot more tanky, and that can be very useful for protecting your carries for example since you got CC coming out of every manhole you got. If someone can get away with you after your Q, Frozen Mallet, E and Ulti, then something is wrong (and then you still have the lantern).

As for skill priority. Start with Q at 1, E at 2 (helps massive against level 2 ganks and can even net you some double kills with towers) then it's just R > Q > W > E
    For some reason I prefer W over E, it's more useful in teamfights and I generally use E to knock people away or back in again, not really for the slow or damage.
    This is a strange build indeed. I haven't spent enough time messing with him in PBE to really find my own personal niche with him. I'm personally not a HUGE fan though. I thought I was going to be, being that I am an avid Blitz player.

I don't like that his chain doesn't work through walls. Also people don't use the shield and the free port enough (that will come with time as people become more familiar with him)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I personally think LoL also suffers from "Role Syndrome" where all the Brusiers build pretty much the same, and pretty much play the same. AP casters start feeling the same and AD carries also.
    well, and i guess the dota2 system aka stack cc and clusterfuck the 1 feed guy is miles ahead of this role system i dont want to harass dota2 but i dont think their way to deal with that is any better °_°

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armail View Post
    well, and i guess the dota2 system aka stack cc and clusterfuck the 1 feed guy is miles ahead of this role system i dont want to harass dota2 but i dont think their way to deal with that is any better °_°
    Dota2 vs LoL threads get locked quickly, so let's not begin a comparison war.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Dota2 vs LoL threads get locked quickly, so let's not begin a comparison war.
    thats why i told that i dont want to criticise, i wanted to tell that both systems got their flaws

At least in Dota 2, people don't nag about having the right heroes until a bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I feel the problem with the lantern is that OTHER people don't know how to use it I put it down and people never use it.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry, bad wording from my side.
    I haven't played him for a few days now, but hopefully people are starting to learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20967586#history
    This is pretty much why I'm loving thresh, you need very very little gold to get his basic build and still be hellishly hard to kill while still having solid damage. The most amusing match was actually the one with 9 deaths, watching them dive me then try to retreat after I use The Box was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy mofo. That auto attack guys. Shooooooot it's stupid!

But I agree, he's unique and good.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    This is a strange build indeed. I haven't spent enough time messing with him in PBE to really find my own personal niche with him. I'm personally not a HUGE fan though. I thought I was going to be, being that I am an avid Blitz player.

I don't like that his chain doesn't work through walls. Also people don't use the shield and the free port enough (that will come with time as people become more familiar with him)
    Well imo his chains have advantages and disadvantages. The wall thing is a disadvantage yeah. Using it to get a target away from your carry, without necessarily threatening you, is quite good though. Or being able to grab and decide whether it's worth it to jump towards them.

If I'm not mistaken, it also stuns twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry, bad wording from my side.
    I haven't played him for a few days now, but hopefully people are starting to learn.
    Kat Shunpos into Jarvan, Jarvan ults her, I throw lantern into Jarvans ult, Kat dies about 4 seconds after. WHY!!!!

In her defense after asking why she didn't click the lantern, she asked me to throw it for her, where she (hopefully) worked out what it does.
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Kat Shunpos into Jarvan
    Her first mistake. I don't play Kat much but I generally try to avoid shunpoing to someone like Jarvan.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armail View Post
    Haha you what mate in space.