Amber Shaper question about the vehicles

So my guild is stuck on this fight (on heroic), and we've had some drama over one of the mechanics. I'm hoping someone can clear this up.

What is every use case of when someone is in a construct and it turns into an unmanned uninterpretable monstrosity?

To my understanding, it's when the person in it runs out of willpower. Are there any other use cases?

yes, when they run out of willpower the person inside of it dies and the construct runs around.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    yes, when they run out of willpower the person inside of it dies and the construct runs around.
    Our tank is saying DPS killed him and thats what caused the loose ones... is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by kalenah View Post
    To my understanding, it's when the person in it runs out of willpower. Are there any other use cases?
    No. Running out of Willpower is the only way that happens. Being hit by the boss causes a massive Willpower loss.

If they [Constructs] die then they die, they won't be loose; having un-manned Constructs means the player failed to come out before they lost all their Willpower, either because they slacked or the DPS didn't do enough DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by kalenah View Post
    Our tank is saying DPS killed him and thats what caused the loose ones... is this possible?
    that should kill both the tank and the construct, haven't had that happen in a long time though.
    Chances are is he's just trying to stay in the vehicle too long before getting out. You really need to get out of the vehicle at latest 5 willpower because of latency and other issues. If you had logs it might be possible to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    No. Running out of Willpower is the only way that happens. Being hit by the boss causes a massive Willpower loss.
    This is exactly what he's saying. happened 5 of his 9 in-construct deaths according to the logs -_-
    Last edited by kalenah; 2013-01-31 at 07:29 AM.