Help me punt this Heroic MV lockout?

A couple weeks ago we got to 5/6 HMV. With poor attendance and glitches we didn't have much time to progress on it last week. This week, we'd like to be able to drag people through easy fights if possible for gear- but we don't want to have to reclear Heroic Spirit Kings (and for that matter the whole instance) to get back to heroic will.

Last week, I got my alt saved to the heroic 5/6 thing. This week, I extended the raid for her. Then I switched to my main, which also shows as extended.

What happens if...

1)- I deactivate raid lockout extension.
    2)- I run on my main, doing some bosses normal and some heroic (a farm night).
    3)- At the end of the week, I extend my Alt's lockout (the one from last week, she won't be stepping foot into the instance at all this week- she normally doesn't raid)
    4)- Next week, I extend my alt's lockout again, have her as raid lead, invite my crew, and we walk in. Ideally, this would be the one from a couple weeks ago with all 5 bosses dead heroic, and just will up and available, and once my crew is in there they could invite my main, and we'd be able to do heroic Will attempts.

Will this work, or is there something hidden here? I thought it was strange that my main got put into extended lockout mode based on the actions of my alts, so clearly something is going on with the now-hidden raid ID that I'm not aware of. I wouldn't want to run it on my main, and then get some strange nonspecific error message trying to zone in next week (or recreate the situation where zoning in locked characters for two hours of raid time like it did last week), with it secretly disallowed.

Help me punt this h5/6 instance into next week!

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 01:56 AM ----------

Raid time getting close, can anyone help?

It works GL and have fun!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, if you kill a boss on heroic you will get a new lockout, and heroic lockouts aren't flexible. You will be unable to use the 5/6H lockout.

If you only killed normal bosses though, yes, it would work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Twansition View Post
    As far as I know, if you kill a boss on heroic you will get a new lockout, and heroic lockouts aren't flexible. You will be unable to use the 5/6H lockout.

If you only killed normal bosses though, yes, it would work fine.
    ...during the same reset, yes. But the week after that you should be able to use the lock from your alt as far as I know as long as you didn't kill anything there on HM.

Deleted
    2)- I run on my main, doing some bosses normal and some heroic (a farm night).
    This is the catch. If you kill any of the bosses on hc you will get your main saved to a different lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    4)- Next week, I extend my alt's lockout again, have her as raid lead, invite my crew, and we walk in. Ideally, this would be the one from a couple weeks ago with all 5 bosses dead heroic, and just will up and available, and once my crew is in there they could invite my main, and we'd be able to do heroic Will attempts.
    Is everyone just ignoring this or doesn't it really work on a clean lock if you ran it the week before? Far as I can tell this should work fine as no-one is saved to anything on this reset.

No reason it wouldn't work.
    No reason you should try and skip bosses either, though. Just clear Terrace/HoF first, then go MSV and spend the rest of your raiding time there. Thats what we do in our alt run, we only have one evening a week - we clear the places we have on "farm" first, then spend the remainder of our time on whatever boss we want to progress on - at the moment, we'd start with terrace, MSV, then go HoF and clear up to ambershaper then bash our head against that for 30-60 mins then clear up for the night. WOTE is a "big" step up from any previous heroic bosses in MSV, and doesn't provide you with much "good" loot - a weapon for hunters (which is worse than normal mode lei shi, assuming they've got their legendary gem), a trinket for str users, and a trinket for spirit users. The rest are just 502 offpiece items, which while slightly stronger, really isn't worth the effort compared to 496's. You'd be much better off hitting tayak/garalon/meljarak, really :<.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-01-30 at 06:22 AM.

Unless they want one of the cutting edge achieves before they go away (since we don't know how far off 5.2 is currently).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Unless they want one of the cutting edge achieves before they go away (since we don't know how far off 5.2 is currently).
    Can always work on that when PTR goes into release build. ATM they've tested what, five 10 man normal mode bosses? That leaves 7 more, 12 heroic 10 man bosses, 12 normal 25 man bosses, and 12 heroic 25 man bosses. It's safe to say that PTR will last through february atleast :P.

No reason it wouldn't work.
    Well, my problem is that I don't think it should have extended the lockout for my main when I extended it on my alt. However, this behavior APPEARS to be account based- my guildmates do NOT have extended lockouts. So I could probably get a non-raiding 90 tied to it, and have HER extend it next week. Or, since you guys are pretty sure, I could just un-extend, run normally, and then have my alt re-extend once my main is tied.

No reason you should try and skip bosses either, though.
    I can give you four reasons: Spirit Kings. I don't want to have to slog through that perfectionquest boss only to have it not drop the only things anyone cares about (I think our ret would use the chest, and it's the only tank shield in the game somehow even though this is a 16 boss tier), and have to reclear everything else. Will is a step up and also doesn't drop any loot we care about, but it is the only thing in the instance we haven't killed- and I do want this cheeve before the tier is over.

In any event, I respectfully decline your advice to train people up on SK so we can wipe a bunch on it.

We'll probably give it a try, or we may not even need the instance. We have some HoF heroics to punch, and with Sunday being the Ritual Observance Of Athletic Men we may only have two raid nights this week.