Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    Priest
    - Phantasm - no longer makes you untargetable. Movement protection increased to 5 sec (from 3 sec).
    - Dispersion - now belongs to the Shadow school, meaning it can get locked out.
    - We are expanding the Shadow healing nerf to most of the priest healing toolkit. This means Holy and Discipline will have a passive that increases all of their healing by 25% as do most other healing classes. Holy and Discipline should see no change as a result, but Shadow's heals will be weaker. Remember that this will be partially offset relative to 5.1 because Shadow does get some healing benefit from PvP Power. (This note replaces earlier notes about Flash Heal and Binding Heal being nerfed for Shadow)
    Just : lol.

Soooo. They don't want us to have instant MB buuuuut they're nerfing Dispersion...

GL fighting a war/rogue/any melee. You want to cast Mind Spike ? Nope. Mind Blast ? Nope. MF ? Nope.

You want to fight a range class ? Lol, guess what ? You lost your untargetable ability !

Fuck logic.
    Last edited by Ilir; 2013-01-30 at 10:39 PM.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by freyaether View Post
    Also a nerf for PvE. Every freaking class can cast while moving, but our mobility gets nerfed.
    Lets say most :P moonkins cant cast and DPS (spamming moonfire or sunfire aint really counted as moving and casting...) They are changing alot of classes but buffing the already OP :P lets just see how things plan out xD Wish my moonkin could move and cast lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

Soooo. They don't want us to have instant MB buuuuut they're nerfing Dispersion...

GL fighting a war/rogue/any melee. You want to cast Mind Spike ? Nope. Mind Blast ? Nope. MF ? Nope.

You want to fight a range class ? Lol, guess what ? You lost your untargetable ability !

Fuck logic.
    Moonkins have the same problem tho, Cast Wrath? Nope silence, Starfire? Nop. You will be like moonkins in pvp. you dont directly nuke 1 person. You have to mass dot like moonkins do for "pressure" i think its kinda stupid but ah well... the untargetable thing was abit op in ways.. Spriest can do some sick damage in a short time and being untargetable was abit silly...
    Last edited by Shyzhi; 2013-01-30 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    spamming moonfire or sunfire aint really counted as moving and casting
    Moonfire does 3 times the damage of SW:P with it's initial hit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    What the hell is this? Please tell me you made this up? :O
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=68#1345

just in

I'm glad I don't PVP. But I'm sad I PVE... RIP indeed. Not sure if I should quit the game or not.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

Fuck logic.
    One week ago i was looking forward to playing my shadow priest in 5.2 because of all the justified nerfs to other casters.
    Now they have reverted all those nerfs and given them buffs instead while they are nerfing shadow pvp to the ground.

Great. Im done until 5.2 and if all these nerfs goes live im done with the game. My patience for balance is over.

Inb4 qq moar etc.. bring it kids

spamming moonfire or sunfire aint really counted as moving and casting
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=93399
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=33605
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=110806

all that spells are from specialization not a talents.

Deleted
    This expansion is a godawful mess. I really wish this lot could clarify their vision of what they want Shadow to be and stick to it, instead of changing their minds every five minutes. They go from "Oh Shadow, it's that DoT spec without a pet" to "Oh noes, Shadows DoTs do too much damage on multi target fights"; Mind Sear gets buffed, then nerfed, then buffed, then nerfed, right now it's been buffed to a decent standard, expect the nerf shortly; they say they like the idea of Shadow having off heals cause they are still priests and balance accordingly and then gut the healing. Mobility is the best it's ever been, still god awful, but Blizz seem to think we are all running around freecasting insta MS and MBs every second of the day. I don't mind getting nerfed because of balance issues- Shadow does have a lot of healing for a DPS spec- but when they constantly fiddle with a class/spec because they lack a clear vision on what that spec is supposed to be it gets tiresome.

Spriest can do some sick damage in a short time and being untargetable was abit silly...
    Yeah but all of Spriest burst is nerfed in 5.2. DP instant burst damage ? gone. Double mindspike followed by instant Mindblast ? gone.

And NOW if we dare casting a spell and get counterspelled... we're fucked. Why ? 'cause we can't use Dispersion.

Stupid nerfs.

Homophobia is so gay.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    These nerfs are rather amazing, I'm sure we'll probably look back and say blizzard over did it. The sky isn't falling, but I'm not sure multiple nerfs to a swath of abilities is justified.

The nerfs seem to go a little too far. I can understand the nerf to healing and phantasm, however the dispersion change seems a bit of a stretch, considering we don't have the ability to cast on the run (excluding SWP and Procs), it will make melee classes almost impossible to deal with due to interrupts and cc effects. Especially considering that our strongest melee counter requires that we first complete a long cast..... When you compare our toolkit to that of a mage or warlock.... We are starting to look like fodder.... Hopefully GC does a backflip on these like he has with a number of the nerfs that were applied to other classes...

I am getting pretty sick of this expansion. I know come late game, like always, shadow priests will probably dominate everything, lol at 45% haste like we had in DS. The path to that point is becoming increasingly trying. I hated the current PvE raid tier and the shenanigans that went down with our classes design changes going into Mists. Now they are forcing us into Insanity and completely removing the reasoning behind the instant cast MB in PvE. No more FDCL in PvE.

I really believe Blizzard has no clue what they are doing anymore. Left hand doesn't know or see what the left hand is doing.

Also where is our mobility? In Cata they said our dots hit too hard so they lowered their damage going into Mists. Now they complain what little burst we have hits too hard. Come on really? If the class is that damn broken how come are not up for a full tear down and redesign? I should have listened to all the other spriests in my guild and rerolled as an aff lock.

On a side note, I am still pissed on how they removed some trademark things from the class. Shadow was always a dot based class since Vanilla. Also part of the iconic shadow priest was it's self healing through Vampiric Embrace. Today's version of VE makes me sad being a CD now. So passive spriest healing was too strong, but lets look at all the other classes and their passive healing. We won't even talk about monks passive healing... This game sometimes is so dumb it is frustrating.

/rant
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Just for reference, even Vanguards has a Shadow Priest in PVP. The sky is not falling, seriously. They are really that good right now.

If they really did overdo it, they will probably scale back a little, like they did with Second Wind and Counterspell, Cyclone, etc.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-01-30 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know.. It amazes me that they haven't touched mass dispel. These nerfs aren't over the top at all.

Mind spike glyph nerf: Doesn't matter a lot to be honest. The glyph is already very overrated as it is. Leap of faith, dispersion, inner fire, shadow word: death, vampiric embrace are all really good glyphs as well.

Phantasm nerf will hit disc harder than shadow, which is pretty sad to be honest. Body and soul will also be a viable option now for both specs. Sure it's a nerf, but shadow needed their nerfs.

Dispersion nerf is fair enough. More incentive to fake cast. Paladins and mages get penalized for getting interrupted in their respective schools.

When playing shadow it annoys me that our peeling through healing is so great. I wouldn't mind if all healing except from life swap, prayer of mending and pw: shield was removed. It's so pathetic to keep someone alive by spamming flash heal while your healer sits in CC.

Overall the nerfs aren't that big. Spriests still got their big devouring plagues (now over 6 seconds), 5 second silences, very good tankability, mass dispels, dispersion, life swap, good pressure, good burst swaps, and good CC with psychic scream and psyfiend/roots, which is why they are picked in most comps.
    Feral nerfs are much bigger. Warrior nerfs are much bigger. Mages have endured much bigger nerfs. Affliction warlocks are still crap. Elemental and moonkins are still niche specs. I don't see shadow being dethroned any time soon, especially with our really good (unholy) DK and rogue synergy.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2013-01-31 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    Priest
    - Phantasm - no longer makes you untargetable. Movement protection increased to 5 sec (from 3 sec).
    - Dispersion - now belongs to the Shadow school, meaning it can get locked out.
    - We are expanding the Shadow healing nerf to most of the priest healing toolkit. This means Holy and Discipline will have a passive that increases all of their healing by 25% as do most other healing classes. Holy and Discipline should see no change as a result, but Shadow's heals will be weaker. Remember that this will be partially offset relative to 5.1 because Shadow does get some healing benefit from PvP Power. (This note replaces earlier notes about Flash Heal and Binding Heal being nerfed for Shadow)
    WHAT?!

For fuck sake, and pardon my language but what is this crap? I agree with Stahp there, i thought it was going to be fun to play 5.2 with the justified nerfs to others. Why are they nerfing us like this? Like it aint shitty enough you get interrupted all the time if you do Mind Flay, now you're not gonna be able to protect yourself with your only defensive.....

Ok im done with this crap aswell. Shitty pve damage and shitty scaling, shitty pvp plans for 5.2. I'm starting to level my lock now in preparation in case this shit goes live..... Blizz can't be serious.

Deleted
    I don't know.. It amazes me that they haven't touched mass dispel. These nerfs aren't over the top at all.

Mind spike glyph nerf: Doesn't matter a lot to be honest. The glyph is already very overrated as it is. Leap of faith, dispersion, inner fire, shadow word: death, vampiric embrace are all really good glyphs as well.

Phantasm nerf will hit disc harder than shadow, which is pretty sad to be honest. Body and soul will also be a viable option now for both specs. Sure it's a nerf, but shadow needed their nerfs.

Dispersion nerf is fair enough. More incentive to fake cast. Paladins and mages get penalized for getting interrupted in their respective schools. Be glad that dispersion isnt on the gcd.

When playing shadow it annoys me that our peeling through healing is so great. I wouldn't mind if all healing except from life swap, prayer of mending and pw: shield was removed. It's so pathetic to keep someone alive by spamming flash heal while your healer sits in CC.

Overall the nerfs aren't that big. Spriests still got their big devouring plagues (now over 6 seconds), 5 second silences, very good tankability, mass dispels, dispersion, life swap, good pressure, good burst swaps, and good CC with psychic scream and psyfiend/roots, which is why they are picked in most comps.
    Feral nerfs are much bigger. Warrior nerfs are much bigger. Mages have endured much bigger nerfs. Affliction warlocks are still crap. Elemental and moonkins are still niche specs. I don't see shadow being dethroned any time soon, especially with our really good (unholy) DK and rogue synergy.

Lets say most :P moonkins cant cast and DPS (spamming moonfire or sunfire aint really counted as moving and casting...) They are changing alot of classes but buffing the already OP :P lets just see how things plan out xD Wish my moonkin could move and cast lol

Moonkins have the same problem tho, Cast Wrath? Nope silence, Starfire? Nop. You will be like moonkins in pvp. you dont directly nuke 1 person. You have to mass dot like moonkins do for "pressure" i think its kinda stupid but ah well... the untargetable thing was abit op in ways.. Spriest can do some sick damage in a short time and being untargetable was abit silly...
    Hello random scums,

Just wanted to say that you are retarded.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-01-31 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Just for reference, even Vanguards has a Shadow Priest in PVP. The sky is not falling, seriously. They are really that good right now.

If they really did overdo it, they will probably scale back a little, like they did with Second Wind and Counterspell, Cyclone, etc.
    your reasoning for this is because vanguards plays spriest?? what?

no see, when those other classes got those things nerfed, they didnt get EVERYTHING nerfed

DP nerf
    Disperse nerf
    Mind spike nerf
    Promised insanity=still shit
    Phantasm nerf
    Heals nerf

Spriest may be good now, but it isnt THAT good. It certainly doesnt give way to nerf our damage, support, AND defensives.

Our main "huge" damage dealing ability DP was so powerful because of the initial, with it being dispellable. they changed it all into a dot, if its dispelled, wheres the damage you put effort into getting with generating 3 orbs?
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2013-01-31 at 02:20 AM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Maybe they will buff PVE dps now, at least that is my hope
    Hi Sephurik

Most of these nerfs I can understand, even if I don't like them. But that Dispersion nerf is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Blizzard is out to trolololol shadow priests today D:

This class is a mess and always has been they don't know what to do with Spriests anymore. Imo next xpac they should do a complete overhaul of this class cause its just gonna be up and down lol.

Perhaps make holy the DPS spec. Shadow can be healer.

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    These nerfs are rather amazing, I'm sure we'll probably look back and say blizzard over did it. The sky isn't falling, but I'm not sure multiple nerfs to a swath of abilities is justified.
    The sky didn't fall. The ground did. Priests of any spec no longer viable in PvP. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Most of these nerfs I can understand, even if I don't like them. But that Dispersion nerf is stupid.
    The Dispersion nerf was particularly stupid, even by Ghostcrawler standards. Hopelessly incompetent, but he tries hard.

Just unsub. Send a message.