Poll: Which daily grind do you hate the most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    None really. Not a single of those reps were a pain to grind compared to say.... Netherwing or Cenarion Circle.
    Netherwing was a pain? o.o It's the mother of Order of the Serpent dailies and egg hunting.

I'm going with Golden Lotus. It has the most ganking (fun btw). Add on the annoying bonus that it's needed in order to unlock dailies for other reps, and it's a clear winner.

I found Klaxxi the most annoying one. Many collection quests, bad drop rates, many kill quests with high numbers, and everything is far apart.

Don't really get why Golden Lotus gets so much hate. Even after having every Pandaria faction capped I'm doing them on days when I'm not valor capped. They're the fastest set of 14-15 dailies you can get, you can basically complete the most kill quests of one hub within one or two grand pulls, and the few collection quests have good drop rates. Also, there's not much competition around nowadays. And you could get a Sky Shard. What would you want more?

10+ Year Old Account
    i was going to say golden lotus, but i really liked the "all of the above option"

i am not exalted with a single faction besides lorewalkers

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I disagree. If you look at the amount of qq on forums all over the place about people feeling "forced" to do every daily every day, I think this was a good call by Blizzard. It forced people to limit their number of dailies. This way no one could claim that they were ever forced to do more than 2 factions a day because once the August Celestials and Shado Pan are unlocked, there is no "need" to continue with Golden Lotus or Klaxxi because all the "needed" valor items are accessible at revered.
    ---
    For reasons related to what I was saying above. Hardcore players regard getting Golden Lotus to revered as fast as possible as "mandatory" work because it unlocks gear upgrades and 2 other factions which also offer gear upgrades - which is of significant importance to raid progression. By limiting the rep grind to a finite set of dailies, Blizzard are capping the amount of work they are "forcing" people to do.

Order of the Cloud Serpent is, however, not mandatory by any definition of the word. It is a strictly vanity faction. If you want to get it to exalted in 3 days, that's your problem. No one is forcing you.
    I am sorry, I was very much aware of the reasoning behind it. I just don't agree with it, not with the way it was implemented. If I never wanted to have anything off Golden Lotus at all, why would I need to do it? If If I only needed Shado Pan or August Celestials... I'd rather do a long slow grind of just that one. Sure there are "maniacs" outthere who want or could do all the dailies every day for X amount of time until exalted. So what... that is their playstyle.

What I would like is a weekly cap of reputation. It would work much like: You need to do all the dailies today, after that you are done - you can do X. (getting reputation in a particular dungeon or scenario or just killing mobs in the area, whatever... ) to get to the cap.

I think this is more fair. Why? Well if I have only saturday to play. And I can play like 12 hours (which I can), I am at a disadvantage vs a player who can log in 1 hour a day. He can do all the dailies everyday. While I am stuck with just one set of dailies.

In terms of effort and time commitment, I think my situation should be rewarded. Logging in daily isn't effort. The amount of time spend in game should be.

Deleted
    Shado-Pan. Not too many dailys and not too long 'til exalted, but somehow, I really can't stand their dailies.
    Dominance > all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    For reasons related to what I was saying above. Hardcore players regard getting Golden Lotus to revered as fast as possible as "mandatory" work because it unlocks gear upgrades and 2 other factions which also offer gear upgrades - which is of significant importance to raid progression. By limiting the rep grind to a finite set of dailies, Blizzard are capping the amount of work they are "forcing" people to do.
    This is why Golden Lotus got the worst one - if you notice, Anglers and Nat Pagle would be my least favorite if gear was locked behind them.

But it's not, so you can do the dailies at your own pace, and the actual dailies themselves aren't that bad.

Doing Argent Tournament, Molten Front, and Golden Lotus "at your own pace" is intolerable enough because you just unlock more dailies instead of, oh, more fucking efficient rep gains. And the fact that gear is gated behind them makes it far worse.

Hell, if you're just after that Treasure chest, it's worse to be at higher rep than not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Golden Lotus. The fact it's not a quest hub you have to unlock means there's always a lot more people doing it. Can get a little annoying. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the golden lotus.

Nat Pagle doesn't count because you don't really need his rep for valor gear.

Also . . . fuck the golden lotus and their bullshit 20 quests a day.
    Putin khuliyo

Golden lotus, nothing else even compares.

''Here, go do a dozen quests for tiny, microscoping bits of rep.''
    ''Oh, you're done? Now go do another dozen.''

To say it is depressing would be an understatement. I'm exalted with Golden Lotus now but I do not want to see that faction ever again unless it is the heads of their quest givers on spikes.

Golden Lotus. Never doing it again, for any reason, ever. Don't care to have any alts due purely to the rep grinds of the dailies, I just have profession alts that I have no intention of gearing or using for anything but professions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    None really. Not a single of those reps were a pain to grind compared to say.... Netherwing or Cenarion Circle.
    Neither of those were hard, hell not even comparable to Golden Lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I like them all.

Golden Lotus was a bit eh, mostly having that same hub each day which was my least favorite, but generally I found them fine.

Much worse rep grinds in previous expansions, especially after those "double rep after revered" items were added. Find it hard to understand how people complain after a huge chunk of the grind was cut out.
    Name a few, aside from purely vanity ones such as Steamwheedle Cartel, Ravenholdt and Ogrila I can't remember any factions being worse.

Deleted
    Golden Lotus hands down.

I've done Klaxxi, Golden Lotus and Dominance Offensive.
    Except Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive, they've been horrible dreadful grinds I've hated every second of. But since they were needed for the valor gear I felt I had to.
    I've started on several other farms, but very few times even gotten past the first day of farming before I've alt-f4'd and started anything else, homework, dishes, bathtub cleaning, pulling out my chest hair with a nail clipper. Anything.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Klaxxi was the only one I didn't enjoy at all.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US