Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think it's a great idea tbh. Worst case scenario, it gets even easier for me to /follow someone through lfr. Best case scenario, lfr gets a bit more challenging (they can afford to tune it up a bit with this buff) and I actually find it a bit enjoyable. Win-win.

i feel this would break the mechanics of raids. also this is poor raid training for people who want to learn to raid seriously
    This actually made me lol, nice one.

Don't know why they don't just make the bullshit faceroll. People don't do LFR to have fun raiding, they do it to get gear to do real raids.

Sure, show us the mechanics that's fine, but make it so they don't even matter anyway.

For example: Don't stand in decimate on Spirit Kings, in LFR it will hit you for 5 percent health with a huge popup saying "IN NORMAL OR HEROIC THAT WOULD HAVE KILLED YOU AND PROBABLY WIPED THE GROUP."
    This is pretty much how it is right now, to wipe in lfr right now more than half of your group has to be mentally retarded (having 1-2 solid healers means that it's impossible to wipe). I can litterarly soloheal some fights in lfr, with people standing in mechanics.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-31 at 07:36 AM.

It's a good idea really.

When a terrible group fails to kill a boss now, some people think to themselves "heals too crappy, dps too low, whatevs, this group will never kill the boss". But with this change, and the raid getting "better" every time they wipe, it is more encouragement to stay and give it a couple attempts instead of just bailing.

For most groups, they'll just blaze through LFR easy mode like normal. This just helps the truly terrible groups.

Also it's good for EVERYONE because when one of those shitty groups fails, wipes, and has several people leave, that means that anyone queued up (as in you) could get stuck with that shitty group. Meanwhile with something like this, and less people leaving after a wipe, it helps everyone.

All in all, good change. Don't expect LFR to teach people to play better or raid better, it's a gear pinata and that is all it will ever be.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    This is pretty much how it is right now, to wipe in lfr right now more than half of your group has to be mentally retarded (having 1-2 solid healers means that it's impossible to wipe). I can litterarly soloheal some fights in lfr, with people standing in mechanics.
    That's not entirely true. It depends on how the group is geared. If you have a group of people who are in a mix of heroic 5-man and LFR gear, just a couple points over the ilevel requirements, there's not going to be any successful 1- or 2-healing. But if you have a couple of healers in a mix of normal and heroic raid gear ... OF COURSE you can 2-heal. The gear power gap between LFR and normal/heroic is enormous. This is deliberate, to keep organized raiders from feeling like LFR is "mandatory."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    The logistics of rounding up 24 people who can stay connected while AFK will pose a challenge.
    Not if you have guild alts up for it - which usually is the case with soloers. Fans and backing of guild :P
    If you are just spamming trade and get few alts from guild..yeah maybe not.

I just see this sort of band-aid fix - again. From my own experiences no one actually kicks "bad" dps, tanks or healers at all. They might say "omfg tank taunt" and just move on.
    The amount of times people just went afk on the boss (or follow) is huge on amongst 25 people. Or people with 2 fps (they move at least..)

No one would vote kick it even after going "X is on follow/afk whole fight".
    So instead of allowing people to votekick easier or have some uknown counter like "you have not done anything other than autoattack for 30 seconds!" we get help for people who do 15k dps since no one will kick em anyway.

If this meant that LFR might be "slightly harder than usual" this actually might make sense. But I doubt it will. Who knows what happens tho.

Also is this for people who stay on the raid? Do new people get the buff? Will there be 1 guy with 10 stacks and 24 others with no because they are new? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I saw that in the updated patch notes and I had to ask myself "Is this really an issue that needs addressing?". Maybe I have just been insanely lucky, but in nearly 3 months of running LFR, a group I was in has wiped exactly once. I think it almost would take more time and effort to wipe than to kill the boss.

i was in a group that wiped twice on elegon near the start of MoP, i pretty much always leave after 2 wipes though

They need to get rid of the abomination they call LFR.

A lot of people in this thread don't understand the entirety of what Blizzard is going to do.

This change is an excuse for them to not nerf LFR below what they think it should be. So if the typical LFR group can't handle the complexity, they'll just have to wipe until the buff stacks enough and they can.

This is going to turn most LFR runs into prolonged wipefests before typical LFR players can handle the encounters.

It's a massively ridiculous idea, but not because it's making LFR easier. It's more akin to their insane design for Cataclysm's initial heroic 5 mans, and will be about as good for the game as that was.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I remember "lootreaver" being a thing in TK. I probly goes back to Vanilla or earlier in other MMOs.
    By LFR standards, "lootreaver" would be like pre-nerf Garalon. Hell, his trash would destroy your typical group. Real "loot pinatas" didn't really appear until WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno I can see both pros and cons for this, but in reality as a raider it doesn't affect me all that much. I don't care if folks get gear, they pay the same $14.99 that I do.

If I get 5% dps for a group that fails to kill a boss, then whatever.
    ~Don't just rage the day away, try new things!~
    Warcraft: Shando - <FoE> - 110 Druid - Turalyon-US
    http://foeturalyon.enjin.com <Foe> Website, check us out!
    http://www.twitch.tv/shandi235 live stream my guild's raids, other stuff

Deleted
    This fix will be needed when 5.2 hits and all the geared people are doing 5.2 LFR, 5.0 LFR will be stuck with a mix of 460ilvl and 470's trying to get into 5.2 LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    By LFR standards, "lootreaver" would be like pre-nerf Garalon. Hell, his trash would destroy your typical group. Real "loot pinatas" didn't really appear until WotLK.
    Void reaver would be equivalent to some of the mid difficulty normal mode fights. LFR would be equal to Attumen the Huntsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about LFR that is raid training for people who want to learn to raid.
    I disagree, practicing dancing on LFR will of the emperor is useful for when you are doing the heroic version.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Casuals prevail again, this will solve no problems whatsoever, just encourage more bad gameplay and trivialized encounters.

FD and Invis pulling ftw

If you're "too good" for LFR, why the hell does this change matter to you?

And if you're not, you know what the worst of LFR has to offer on bad days. This will make those days somewhat bearable. I don't queue for an hour to have 3/4 of the group leaving when they wipe on some crap boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you're "too good" for LFR, why the hell does this change matter to you?

And if you're not, you know what the worst of LFR has to offer on bad days. This will make those days somewhat bearable. I don't queue for an hour to have 3/4 of the group leaving when they wipe on some crap boss.
    They need something to complain about so they can feel better about themselves. It's not fun to wait in queue for Terrace and get a great combination of new players and trolls.

Also in the blue post they say there will be a minimum effort required for the buff so you can't just run in and wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by shandi235 View Post
    I dunno I can see both pros and cons for this, but in reality as a raider it doesn't affect me all that much. I don't care if folks get gear, they pay the same $14.99 that I do.

If I get 5% dps for a group that fails to kill a boss, then whatever.
    This is the only mindset that makes sense to me. What do you guys care if LFR is easier? It is in NO WAY a training ground for actual raids, and most of the players just want to see the content the first time, then get some epics(which are awful compaired to your superior heroic raid gear which you all have since LFR is a joke right?).

I will honestly never understand why people think this game shouldn't be as fun as possible for all types of people who play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    I will honestly never understand why people think this game shouldn't be as fun as possible for all types of people who play it.
    It's a sort of "No matter how high i am, how many people are below me is what matters!"-attitude in play here, and apparently LFR undermines their lofty position as lords of all they survey (And of course makes the rabble beneath them less... rabble-ish?), and that hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by Angmooren View Post
    i feel this would break the mechanics of raids. also this is poor raid training for people who want to learn to raid seriously
    This has been blizzards way of dealing with the gradual decline of good players in wow. Make it easier, nerf, or take out some mechanics completely. Trying to recruit anymore even on KT, a good raiding server is ugly and some of the people that apply are just so bad. Some having played since Wrath seem the worse since they are used to free loot and not having to actually play a toon, putting up solid numbers.

GG Blizz, just send them epics in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe
    I'm not sure how anybody could possibly correlate "Lootreaver" with the LFR. The trash alone was more difficult than any of the normal mode bosses in MSV. o_o;