Why can't f2p in-game goods be purchased out-of-game?

Apologies for the confusion on my last post - total noob move.

Anyway, I want to kick things off with a better start. First a bit about me: I'm new to the forum and interested in discussing industry trends and LOL.

Since my last post did not get much traction, I thought I would post again to stir-up some conversation.

How would you respond to LOL starting to sell skins (via gift card code) out-of-game? Would it be cool if items were sold on an Amazon.com like site? This would allow non-gamers/ non-LOL players to buy LOL items as gifts to active players.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    wrong forum... you need video game discussion forum, not WoW general.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really wouldn't work terribly well. I mean, let's say they're printed on plastic card like gift cards, would a 1$ skin really cover the cost of printing the card, shipping it to stores and/or homes? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It really wouldn't work terribly well. I mean, let's say they're printed on plastic card like gift cards, would a 1$ skin really cover the cost of printing the card, shipping it to stores and/or homes? Probably not.
    pretty sure that is exactly the reason why, im almost certain ive seen riot/lol currency cards at stores though so i would think that would work fine for gifting to someone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    pretty sure that is exactly the reason why, im almost certain ive seen riot/lol currency cards at stores though so i would think that would work fine for gifting to someone?
    currency is different. usually currency gift cards are several thousand points, which usually is more than 10 euros. 10 EUR is enough to warrant the costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to League of Legends

Pretty sure they already do this. I doubt many stores sell it, but they sell cards with codes on it that you can turn in for RP in the Riot client store.

Deleted
    there's a couple of more costs associated with doing this called "logistics".
    warehouses wants money to store your product, you need to pay to ship the product to where it's being sold and then you usually have to pay the store to sell your product!

why would you go through all this trouble when everyone that's playing the game already can buy it through their online store? I think they even accept SMS payments no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    why would you go through all this trouble when everyone that's playing the game already can buy it through their online store? I think they even accept SMS payments no?
    Yeah if you dont have a credit card you can just use your mobile phone to pay for the RP. Although you get more value if you buy with credit card, but RP is always RP I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen league riot points gift cards in stores before; they're out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TBEUTYL View Post
    Apologies for the confusion on my last post - total noob move.

Anyway, I want to kick things off with a better start. First a bit about me: I'm new to the forum and interested in discussing industry trends and LOL.

Since my last post did not get much traction, I thought I would post again to stir-up some conversation.

How would you respond to LOL starting to sell skins (via gift card code) out-of-game? Would it be cool if items were sold on an Amazon.com like site? This would allow non-gamers/ non-LOL players to buy LOL items as gifts to active players.

Thoughts?
    The problem with buying specific items be it boosts, skins, or champs is what if you already have them. Digital purchases are pretty much final sale WHEREVER you purchase them.

You can buy riot points and gamestop, and over the holidays you could buy a $5 starter pack which had like 5 450ip champs, Garen, Katarina, Ashe... and a couple others.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just wish Riot would price things as factors of the Riot point amounts you buy.

I always end up with just a tiny bit less RP than the cheapest skin or some dumb shit...

...probably intentional to get people to buy more RP.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    ...probably intentional to get people to buy more RP.
    extremely intentional

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    extremely intentional
    True

LOL so true once i was with 974 1 FUCKING POINT CLOSE LOOOOOOOL, but hey there is a solution you could submit a ticked saying yor situation and stick it with a pick to make more valuable you know then they ask for your account info so they don't put in the wrong acc.