Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    5.2 is looking to be my most favorite patch since 2.4.3. I can't wait to be clad in full Blood/Stone Guard Plate. Special Snowflakes only make up about 15% of the entire populous, no point in locking away neat content to only those few.

Those darn special snowflakes!

Slightly off topic, I would like all of the realm first level 70, 80, 85, 90 FoS achievements because it's not fair that only a few people got to get them.

Also the Death's Demise title.

kthnks

Poorly implemented, should had been a reward for hitting 2300 at least imo, same requirement as it was in vanilla.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    Bout time.
    Anything that moves away from the special snowflake mentality is good in my opinion.
    Yeah, much better going with the Obamacare mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Yes, because the entitlement mentality is sooooooooooooooooo much better.
    Middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    And why? Because some people simply can't accept that they can't get everything when they want it?
    Why deny people who want it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Yeah, much better going with the Obamacare mentality.
    Again, middle ground.

Yeah give me a break, thats not what the ''gime gime gime" crowd wants. I mean, i don't have acess to the set atm as my current account has only been active since early WoLTK, and even if i'm a big transmog fan and i love how the HWL Hunter set looks on Undead, i didn't die from not being able to use it, is it that hard to respect that some things should stay rare? Allowing RBGers to use them would have been a nice perk to motivate people to push rating (2300+) since most peolpe stop at 2200 nowdays, but nope, gotta give them away to 1800 heroes again.

to be fair, whilst I understand the discontent, and its not HARD to get 1900. the marshals gear will still need what? 2.1k+? 2.4k to get all the bits?

It's not like EVERYBODY will have it all of a sudden. not many do rbgs, and to be fair, the difference between 1600 for cap, and 1900.. is fairly large.

I'm wondering if it will be broken down as to certain ranks getting certain pieces (a la vanilla) or if it'll be a blanket statement like it currently is (where if your toon has rank 8+, you can transmog all the stuff). Guessing the latter.

I would've rather seen them make the old title FoS an actual account wide thing for folks who may have switched mains since then, if anything, but that's merely my opinion.

For the record, I have rank 8 from vanilla, but on a character I rarely ever play anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am personally glad this change is on the table for being implemented, again nothing carved in stone with the patch still very much in the testing phase. I wonder if this was made either because more players wanted the level 60 gear for transmog or RBG teams needed more initiative to go for higher ratings / more reward.

While I don't think it is necessarily a hand-out, at least player have to earn it in some way though I will concede that earning the required RBG rating is easier than the grinding it took to get the equivalent title in the original honor system having played then myself.

If this change does make the live servers I'm probably going to be looking for a rated battleground team for my Holy Paladin most likely for the sake of this new reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    While I don't think it is necessarily a hand-out, at least player have to earn it in some way
    By paying a bunch of other people 150$ for a boosting session - yeah. :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    5.2 is looking to be my most favorite patch since 2.4.3. I can't wait to be clad in full Blood/Stone Guard Plate. Special Snowflakes only make up about 15% of the entire populous, no point in locking away neat content to only those few.
    Because you worked for it as hard as we did, right? You enjoyed those sets when they were current? I think it's disgusting that they show their most loyal players this type of disrespect. If they are making those items transmoggable for the kids that started playing late, then they might aswell release everything to everyone. I happen to feel entitled to the old Naxx gear that I sold. This game is going down the fucking drain with the way they try to please the lowest common denominator all the time. I earned that set, you did not. Give me all your stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I'm wondering if it will be broken down as to certain ranks getting certain pieces (a la vanilla) or if it'll be a blanket statement like it currently is (where if your toon has rank 8+, you can transmog all the stuff). Guessing the latter.

I would've rather seen them make the old title FoS an actual account wide thing for folks who may have switched mains since then, if anything, but that's merely my opinion.

For the record, I have rank 8 from vanilla, but on a character I rarely ever play anymore.
    I agree fully with this aswell. I think that ANY rank from Vanilla should reward the set account-wide if they think that too few are using it. It bothers me deeply that I won't be able to give a nod to other players that played in Vanilla anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masztaar View Post
    Because you worked for it as hard as we did, right? You enjoyed those sets when they were current? I think it's disgusting that they show their most loyal players this type of disrespect. If they are making those items transmoggable for the kids that started playing late, then they might aswell release everything to everyone. I happen to feel entitled to the old Naxx gear that I sold. This game is going down the fucking drain with the way they try to please the lowest common denominator all the time. I earned that set, you did not. Give me all your stuff.
    Yeah because farming randoms all day every day for kills and honor took so much effort and was such a feat of great skill. Also I like how you guys whine over win trading and such nowadays, when back then it was pretty much known to everyone who would get the next High Warlord as there was an order in which people went because they talked all that through.

they should implent some lvl 60 pvp sets for monks and DKs, recolors of old sets or not IDC, it should reward all players equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yeah because farming randoms all day every day for kills and honor took so much effort and was such a feat of great skill. Also I like how you guys whine over win trading and such nowadays, when back then it was pretty much known to everyone who would get the next High Warlord as there was an order in which people went because they talked all that through.
    Skill? It took more effort than anything that has ever been implemented before or after that PvP system. Players having suffered through it should be rewarded by being able to show that they did, it's that simple.
    If you are comparing wintrading to the old system's HWL "queues" then you are out on deep waters. The second HWL on my server had close to 70.000 kills (>IN VANILLA<) and he was awake for unhealthy amounts of time and pissed in empty coke bottles to be able to reach that rank. For Blizzard to then give in to new players that can reach that same rank in a day if they dedicated themselves to it, is flat out disgusting - and reading comments from spoiled brats that have ZERO clue about what the old PvP top-ranks actually meant annoys me to no end.

It saddens me that everyone is feeling so goddamn entitled to everything these days, and I swear to you that it will be the ultimate downfall of this once so amazing game. If you haven't earned something, then you haven't earned something - and should not feel entitled to earn it through a shortcut that requires 2% of the effort that it once did.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    they should implent some lvl 60 pvp sets for monks and DKs, recolors of old sets or not IDC, it should reward all players equal.
    I agree that monks/DKs should get sets, and that the other ones should be recolored.

I want CM sets from heroics than... since it seems such a small population gets those sets.

There goes my last notable piece from vanilla

Deleted

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 07:17 AM ----------

I agree fully with this aswell. I think that ANY rank from Vanilla should reward the set account-wide if they think that too few are using it. It bothers me deeply that I won't be able to give a nod to other players that played in Vanilla anymore.
    So bcuz some1 used to pee in old coke bottles, play for 20 hours a day , had no life what so ever should be rewarded? owh and btw getting a rank 8 wasn't that hard if you want to reward folks with the FULL set plus weapons, let only marshals and up transmog it. That would make sense. PLUS please link your armory plus your high warlord or grand marshal title please would love to see how hardcore you were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    So bcuz some1 used to pee in old coke bottles, play for 20 hours a day , had no life what so ever should be rewarded? owh and btw getting a rank 8 wasn't that hard if you want to reward folks with the FULL set plus weapons, let only marshals and up transmog it. That would make sense. PLUS please link your armory plus your high warlord or grand marshal title please would love to see how hardcore you were.
    YES - he should be rewarded for the time he put in to achieve his goal. Blizzard expressed that they felt that people earning the sets in the original, tougher version of rated PvP should be rewarded by being able to transmog their old and unique sets.

Also, not once did I mention myself on this subject. This is quoted from myself on this very page:

So in short, I think that having participated in the original PvP system on any character on your account should reward the ability to wear the original PvP sets. That way the most loyal players get rewarded by being able to at least recognize eachother. The downside is that the HWL's and Grand Marshals don't get anything to differentiate them, wich they definitely should.

So in short, I think that having participated in the original PvP system on any character on your account should reward the ability to wear the original PvP sets. That way the most loyal players get rewarded by being able to at least recognize eachother. The downside is that the HWL's and Grand Marshals don't get anything to differentiate them, wich they definitely should.
    Old rank 1-7: Blue set
    Old rank 8-14: Blue and Epic set

Maybe I'm being elitist, but letting someone with scout or private wear GM/HWL armor as transmog seems silly...those titles took all of joining a single BG to obtain.

Of course, the same could be said for a rank 8 getting to wear it, so where does the line get drawn? That's up to Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh joy, they haven't learned the lesson yet and just gotten rid of the restriction.

People have been able to buy the 60 pvp sets with honor for four expansions now, restricting the transmog was a dumb idea in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    What's up with all the elitist jerks crying over this? Just because you began sooner and spent countless hour grinding those tittles, this DOESN'T make you "pro" nor "oldschool". If anything, you'r just a bunch of zombies, and I put it in a good way. ( mindlessly doing the same thing over and over and over and over again )

Deleted
    YES - he should be rewarded for the time he put in to achieve his goal. Blizzard expressed that they felt that people earning the sets in the original, tougher version of rated PvP should be rewarded by being able to transmog their old and unique sets.

Also, not once did I mention myself on this subject. This is quoted from myself on this very page:

Yes so in summary me achieving grand marshal now doesn't mean shit and all of the wholl community got it ?

About win trading , "back in the day" you COULD pay one of the best guilds or group of elitist and they would help you get to rank 12 or 13, so in short: Buying titles , gear , mounts has ALWAYS bin in the game! This isn't new. I aggree the system is out of hand now ofc but they are trying to fix it and they do. It is just a transmog thingy to show you played in vanilla, well you know you got a shiny FoS right ? you know you can "brag" about it all you want with your rank 8 title and how you think this should stay restricted caus you "went through hell to get it" ( btw not speaking direcly to you mr shaman, to all the special nowflakes now who got this rank and still brag) with rank 8 you should't even be allowed to xmog it. Restrict it from 80% of the WoW players? Might as well do it good and restrict it like the old system works. That would be way cooler! Seeing a guy xmoged in full 60 PvP tier would mean he got Grand marshal/ HWL Back then and had absoluty no life what so ever and probarly no social life. He is the perfect example of the fat guy in south park, or the stereo type gamer! YES let's reward him for ruining his life back in the day and now barely playing and mocking our game and telling how cool everything else was!

Great opinion bra