Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best healer 5.2?

Hello guys,

Ive been hearing some mixed thoughts lately about whats goin to be the best healer next patch.
    I play warlock as main and i try to be competitive in 3s and rbgs with it, i love to play a healer aswell as alt.
    Ive got basicly all classes round lvl 85. So whats gonna be the best healers for 5.2?

i dont wanna play monk btw

cheers m

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy paladin - they're never a bad choice

...Resto Sham... best choice since.... WotLK

Deleted
    I'd go for Resto sham aswell

RSham for spell cleaves HPalla for melee cleaves.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post
    You obviously didn't play Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Agree with this.

I like how he asks what the best healer will be for 5.2 and the responses are all based on past performance. On topic- it's too bad you don't want to play a monk healer, with rogues getting buffed in 5.2 MW monks are going to be pretty nice with their passive that messes up stuns. Barring that as an option however, I would reccomend you try a shaman.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    I like how he asks what the best healer will be for 5.2 and the responses are all based on past performance. On topic- it's too bad you don't want to play a monk healer, with rogues getting buffed in 5.2 MW monks are going to be pretty nice with their passive that messes up stuns. Barring that as an option however, I would reccomend you try a shaman.
    Troll monk ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc 4 sure!

For the first season ever all the healers look fairly even on paper. We'll have to see what it feels like when 5.2 goes live but the thought of seeing all the healers in arenas in one season is exciting.

holy paladin, as they will be the best against the melee trains and best healer for them

Deleted
    Well, as it seems windwalkers get alot of buffs? They really aint that bad atm either.

All of them will be roughly the same. Some work better for different comps though, and as we have no idea what the top tier comp will be we have no idea what the 'best' healer will be.

My opinion: go with whichever one you were best at 85 with. All of them play pretty similar. (Or post the classes of the people you'll be playing with so we can get an idea of comps).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    RSham for spell cleaves HPalla for melee cleaves.[COLOR="red"]
    Agreed.

Hpal is the 'best', but only slightly better than Rsham - Rsham has better synergy with casters. Next is Rdruid, who are not quite as good as Hpal and Rsham (although sometimes have amazing synergy, like god comp). Mistweavers are a distant fourth. Disc and Holy Priests are non-existent, and probably won't be relevant in 5.2 either (they will have more survivability, and crippling mana problems).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Disc is going to be FOTM, on ptr there almost impossible to kill, haven't really had many mana problems + the way rogues are playing out on ptr expect a lot of pmr comps

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I suspect Disc will be back, but with old comps such as RMP, just isn't as powerful as Holy Pally CC chains or Resto Shammies totems. Resto druid will require a team that gives a good symbiosis target, such as frost mages. But honestly, they will all have their uses, but I wouldn't be surprised if RMP replaced the Disc with a druid for even more stupid CC.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could see disc coming back in RMP's maybe ya - between rogue and mage peels/cc nobody really takes enough damage in that comp to run the priest OOM. Even right now though, disc priests are easily the faster healers to OOM in arenas - and the rapture nerfs are brutal to the lower spirit values in pvp gear than the pve gear it was designed to hurt. In RMP at least the RM should be able to peel long enough to drink possibly as well - so disc could certainly be viable in there with strong teamplay (of which the comp is a benchmark).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I could see disc coming back in RMP's maybe ya - between rogue and mage peels/cc nobody really takes enough damage in that comp to run the priest OOM. Even right now though, disc priests are easily the faster healers to OOM in arenas - and the rapture nerfs are brutal to the lower spirit values in pvp gear than the pve gear it was designed to hurt. In RMP at least the RM should be able to peel long enough to drink possibly as well - so disc could certainly be viable in there with strong teamplay (of which the comp is a benchmark).
    We get a reduced mana cost on PW:S which helps a lot, considering I cast it 100x more often than in PvE. You can't really (ab)use temporary spirit buffs for insane returns like you can in PvE so I'm not bothered by that. Not sure if it's a net nerf or buff, but my mana feels better on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post
    They might be when rogues are our overlords. Yup.

Hpally and Rsham are still going to be the best but seeing as healer will be an alt, you are most likely going to be doing unorganised pvp. You will pull your hair out.