Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Rshaman are the overlords!

I hope it's disc but I'm not sure it will be. Disc healing in Cata was great....I find it harder now.

Quote Originally Posted by Murthyr View Post
    I hope it's disc but I'm not sure it will be. Disc healing in Cata was great....I find it harder now.
    Obviously. However once disc becomes viable they tend to be really easy to play when nobody trains them. I mean shamans have more to work with so that makes them easier and harder at the same time as they have more things they have to do and can do. What I'm getting at is that disc's don't have to offensivly shear and use totems so when nobody is on them they just stand there pressing 123. They're really squishy thought so under pressure they have to fake the enemy or they're done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    RSham for spell cleaves HPalla for melee cleaves.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 07:31 PM ----------

You obviously didn't play Cataclysm.
    i used to survive against 3+ players without casting. WoG, holy shock and insta FoL. never went oom

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Disc and Holy Priests are non-existent, and probably won't be relevant in 5.2 either (they will have more survivability, and crippling mana problems).
    Disc gets buffed Focused Will come 5.2 but several nerfs (Phantasm/Halo). Disc does have brutal mana problems that will be made worse with the PvE changes to nerf Disc (Rapture).

Holy on the other hand might become brutally overpowered with 5.2. By nature of Chakra: Serenity, Holy heals as good as if not better than Holy Paladins in terms of throughput. Holy also does not have the same mana problems Disc has, especially with the PWS changes. Since Holy has Focused Will @ 30% in 5.2, they no longer have the 'squishiness' problem. In my short time playing in random BGs, Holy Paladins have a hard time surviving when focused (now that Blinding Light is casted), especially against rogues. Disc Priests have an easier time than Holy Paladins but Holy Priests are hands down the best 'tank' healer of the three.

The question now is whether Holy Priests provide sufficient offensive utility for arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrich View Post
    We get a reduced mana cost on PW:S which helps a lot, considering I cast it 100x more often than in PvE.
    While PWS mana buff helps, Disc spends a large amount of time casting mana intensive spells like Flash Heal, PoM and Renew. On PTR, even reforged for spirit, I have a hard time with mana in random BGs. My overall output is lower compared to every other healer and I run OOM more often.

The presence of a Holy Priest can easily turn the tide in BGs with their PWS (almost as strong as Disc), Holy Word: Serenity (aka instant Flash Heal), Flash Heal + Serendipity + Greater Heal, and strong Renews. Disc Priests have less of an effect in battlegrounds.

It might be different in arena.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-06 at 06:23 PM.

how come no one rly mentions rdruids? ive seen only one post about them. are rshammy and hpally really that more op atm or are rthe other classes just weaker?

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    HPally or Resto shaman I would say go Resto shaman they are a bit more fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by newjackcity View Post
    how come no one rly mentions rdruids? ive seen only one post about them. are rshammy and hpally really that more op atm or are rthe other classes just weaker?
    In my experience playing Shadow Priests in random BGs on PTR, resto druids are the easiest healer to burst down.

10+ Year Old Account
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Best healer ... easy answer

Blood DK... our blood worms are seen crit healing us for 400K plus with them reduce our constant heal from 10RP to 5RP.... Stamina values are only going to get higher so we will have stronger heals

Thank you blizzard for allowing me to piss off healer/dps combos in 2's and laugh at double melee teams that try to zerg their way to wins
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Skill cap is some of why you don't see RDruid OP threads much. RDruids easily have the largest variation between an above avg one and an amazing one. People answering these questions/ posting OP threads are usually 1500-2200 and have/will never see an amazing RDruid. If they had they would cry OP INSTANTLY even though they are nosed out by other healers.

O.T.

MW look to be stronger than peeps are anticipating I think. They are already WAY better then they get credit for. They are just very skill intensive and have such a high skill floor that many think they suck.

I do think RDruids will be up a notch from last season with patch notes as is.

Gun to my head I would say it will come down to comp in 5.2 more than usual but we still haven't seen final notes.

There are a few reasons for this.

1.) Player skill. Rdruids take much more skill to play correctly because they can't instantly heal tons of damage, so they have to be able to peel for their players and give the heals time to work. Lots of new players are scared by non full HP bars and will play badly because of this. Not using cyclone and roots as a heal is a big problem. Not being able to tell when damage is coming and prepare correctly is a problem. Not using all of their forms correctly is a problem. So rdruids have a higher skill floor.

2.) Team mate skill. The part I talked about earlier with giving your heals time to work applies to your teammates as well. If they are just standing out in the open and going toe to toe then yes, you will fall behind. You will not have time to CC, you won't have time for hots to work and you will run dry quickly. You have to have teammates that understand when to LoS, when to pull back, when to peel for each other, etc. Paladins and Shaman are very good at just pumping out heals and going toe to toe in that environment. This is why you see druids mainly with casters and paladins mainly with melee.

3.) Player perception. Because druids take a higher skill cap from both the druid and their partners the community thinks they suck. As such you will see less of them and no one knows how to play with one and the druids out there healing don't get as much practice as a paladin or shaman. Same think with mistweavers really, they are pretty strong but the community thinks they suck so no one plays with them.

Anytime I have ever had someone make an alt on my server to accuse me of hacking it has either been because of retarded DK damage output, or resto druid just druidness. People play druids and see them never shifting, never using their CC, never using their toolkits and just falling over dead. Then they play a druid that is constantly CCing them, constantly running away and never running out of mana while their team is at full health and they think the druid is hacking. Nah, just playing a druid that knows they are a druid, not just a paladin or shaman in leather....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    holy paladin, as they will be the best against the melee trains and best healer for them
    A holy paladin the best against melee?Are you serious? My MW kills melee right now, the only mlee I have trouble with are ww and feral.

H pally and rsham are still going to be good and easy to play. Mw is getting some really good buffs so they might end up one of the best healers, resto druids are getting a surv nerf but they are getting 2 healing buffs so they might end up better than they are currently now. I am not sure about priest, have not looked up their changes yet.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    resto druids are getting a surv nerf but they are getting 2 healing buffs so they might end up better than they are currently now.
    what surv nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrtnap View Post
    posting OP threads are usually 1500-2200 and have/will never see an amazing RDruid. If they had they would cry OP INSTANTLY even though they are nosed out by other healers.
    Not true at all.

There's a reason no Resto Druids are played in tournaments. It's because other healers are better. I'm not saying that the difference between a 1500-2200 Druid and a 2400+ Druid isn't huge, but it still doesn't make them better. People like Sodah / Mayo / Starship only do well for the same reason Hydra / Fuzion do well, good partners and strong comps carrying weaker healing classes. Disc KFC and Shattreeplay are literally the only comps where Disc and Resto can work, both are better with a Shaman or Hpala.

I always love how when a spec is shit, there's a bunch of people saying "Oh, it's fine if you are better than everyone else". What on EARTH?

15+ Year Old Account
    what surv nerf?
    Displacer Beast?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Resto shaman. Untill the end of time it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by seifcham View Post
    i used to survive against 3+ players without casting. WoG, holy shock and insta FoL. never went oom
    Surviving wasn't the problem with cata H pallys. The problem was you'd get CCd to hell and never have a chance to cast WoG/holy shock and insta FoL.

Hpallyies are going to get worse next season with all the others pretty much getting better. But don't see anyone topping resto shamans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    Resto shaman. Untill the end of time it seems.

Surviving wasn't the problem with cata H pallys. The problem was you'd get CCd to hell and never have a chance to cast WoG/holy shock and insta FoL.

Hpallyies are going to get worse next season with all the others pretty much getting better. But don't see anyone topping resto shamans.
    Druids are getting nerfed, Disc and Holy Priests are getting buffed and nerfed and so still won't be relevant, Mistweavers are getting well deserved buffs - probably not enough of them though to bring them to Rsham/Hpal representation, Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins are staying just as they are - despite being borderline OP. Not sure how you think Hpallies are going to get even relatively worse this patch.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Resto drood. Getting buffed 10%