Poll: Who deserves to kill Garrosh the most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I vote Varian, Garrosh tried to kill his son, nobody can't beat that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupathingy View Post
    This, I wouldn't be surprised if Gallywix was a boss in the Org raid.
    I honestly think Nazgrim could also be a potential murderee because of they way they keep building up his character. Altho he could also be a raid boss too....
    Nazgrim felt more like a stand in for 5.0 lore, until the major lore characters came along in 5.1, then he kind of got pushed to the background.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-01-31 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupathingy View Post
    This, I wouldn't be surprised if Gallywix was a boss in the Org raid.
    I honestly think Nazgrim could also be a potential murderee because of they way they keep building up his character. Altho he could also be a raid boss too....
    I think Nazgrim, who usually supports Garrosh will be used as the guy to signify the turning point for when the Orcs turn against Garrosh, when whatever Garrosh does that sparks the rest of the rebellion happens, and Nazgrim turns, that'll be it, that'll be the moment where everybody goes 'okay he's crossed the line, even his general for the past two expansions isn't onboard with him anymore'.
    Twas brillig

15+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix. Appears the last moment, steals the kill, ninjas all the loot, and makes players bid for it. FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other - the players

As long as his corpse or head is dangling from Teldrassil, I'll be happy. But he probably wont even die.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    As long as his corpse or head is dangling from Teldrassil, I'll be happy. But he probably wont even die.
    Teldrassil? Why?
    You can have the Warsong clan for that.

I want Garrosh's tarred head on the gates of Orgrimmar. Or maybe shrunken on Vol'Jin's belt.

Should be Saurfang, all this sha imbued warriors style stinks of a repeat of the Blood Curse.

High Overlord Saurfang says: So the prodigal son has spoken!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Your father's blood runs strong in you, Hellscream. Impatient as always... Impatient and reckless.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: You rush headlong into all-out war without a thought of the consequences.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Do not speak to me of consequences, old one.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I drank of the same blood your father did, Garrosh. Mannoroth's cursed venom pumped through my veins as well.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I drove my weapons into the bodies and minds of my enemies.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: And while Grom died a glorious death - freeing us all from the blood curse - he could not wipe away the terrible memory of our past.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: His act could not erase the horrors we committed.
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: The winter after the curse was lifted, hundreds of veteran orcs like me were lost to despair.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Our minds were finally free, yes... Free to relive all of the unthinkable acts that we had performed under the Legion's influence.
    High Overlord Saurfang nods.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them... You never forget...
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!
    High Overlord Saurfang shakes his head.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I am not speaking solely of the children of our enemies...
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes...
    Saurfang turns away and looks at the map instead.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: How have you managed to survive for so long, Saurfang? Not fallen victim to your own memories?
    Saurfang turns around for a moment to answer.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I don't eat pork...
    High Overlord Saurfang spits.

This was in wrath, years before hating Garrosh became the "cool thing" to do or other NPCs suddenly got some time in the spot light to show how much they hate Garrosh (though it was nice to see some Blood Elf love).

Though based on how the story progressed in 5.1 I would think it would be Vol'jin.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    I'm thinking Millhouse Manastorm.
    I second this. Milhouse Manastorm for executioner!

For those who didn't have the splendid honor of attending the gate opening event for AQ this was the speech that Saurfang gave to the combined forces of the horde and alliance:

"I am Saurfang. Brother of Broxigar. You know me to be the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy. Some of you have fought in battles. Peace has been with us for many years. Many years we sat idle but many years we battled. In those years - where strife the land and Legion and Scourge sacked our homes, killed our families - these insects dwelled beneath us. Beneath our homes - waiting. Waiting to crush the life from our little ones. To slay all in their path. This they do for their god. And for our gods? We defend. We stand. We show that as one. United. We destroy. Their god will fall. To die today, on this field of battle, is to die an orcish death. To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our… loved ones. Would any of you deny yourselves such a death? Such an honor?"

THAT is a true Orc, this man more than any other deserves to cleave the false-hellscream in twain and become the warchief that the Horde so desperately needs right now.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Thrall, Saurfang, Jaina, Vol'Jin and Varian

but the players will land the killing blow.

I'd say it's not so much about who deserves to end him, but who should. The rest have a personal beef with Garrosh and would be glad to personally kill him, but with Saurfang it would be just to end the war, he would be an executioner for the good of his people and the realm. I see Saurfang as the backbone of the orcs. He would end Garrosh not out of hatred, but for duty, for the fact it had to be done. I don't see him revel in the deed, perhaps he would even feel sadness he couldn't get through to Garrosh. Because of the theme of war and hatred ultimately destroying us, I think it should all be ended by someone who transcends these things. Also, Saurfang represent the orcs, who are Garrosh's ultimate victims; the bad role-model is ended by the good role-model.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    but the players will land the killing blow.
    No they won't. No expansion end boss has ever been killed by players.
    IL: Maiev
    KJ: Not dead
    LK: Tirion
    DW: Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    <snip>
    it's quotes like this that make me love Saurfang and hate the fact that he hasn't gotten the spot light he deserves. but who knows SoO is a ways off and to say the guy who personally told Garrosh he would slay him if he took the horde down a dark path wouldn't be at least present at some point would be infinite table flipping worthy.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-31 at 09:18 AM.

Whatever happens (we kill him or dethronise him), he will have a long duel with either Thrall or Varian, depending on the faction you are playing.

Thrall - because he fought him once ina duel, and it was suspended by a rude interruption by the Lich King
    Varian - because he fought him numerous times and they still can't figuer out who is better

I guess such a 1 on 1 duel will be just as cheesy and cliche as required for the end of MoP. I guess after the duel Varian/Thrall will attempt to just walk away, saying it's over, but Jaina/Vol'Jin will say "fuck you not over" and deliver the last blow, killing Garrosh and receiving a "not cool" look of Varian/Thrall. After that, feast and celebration, and since we killed warmonger, we gonna resume the war. Heroic points arent going to farm themself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    If they were aware of it we'd have an Alliance by now.

Blizzard said we'd be working together to take him down anyways, and Lorthemar and Jaina are beginning to work toward a truce as of 5.2.
    Blizzard said they show up at Orgrimmar with the same goal and wind up meeting each other inside. They don't team up before hand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang and / or Vol´jin since they allready promised him what would happen if he went down that road.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

From a lore standpoint it would be important that if the next horde Warchief isn't an Orc that they get the killing blow because it would earn them a great deal of respect from the Orcs who have never been subordinate to other races. I highly doubt it would be anyone on the alliance since recent events have been forcing the ideal that heroes aren't about going after blood the way Jaina wanted or Arthas did. They'll work towards dismantling Garosh's army, but expect a typical speech from Anduin and/or Kalec to let horde finish off their own creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about they all tag team it? Then at the end Sylvanas can turn him into undead and they can do it all over again!

15+ Year Old Account
    The dude/madam that will most likely be useless for 90% of the fight. And even though Sylvanas won't get it, I'd love to see her get the killing blow, because that'd be badass in my eyes.