Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't know much about movie budgets, is 100 million a lot for a big movie?

I'm liking the pet battle nerfs. I needed something to make me stop doing them. Thanks Blizz!

Love them tears of all those fotm rollers playing Spriests. Back to reality guys hybrid tax still exists! There is hope!

Regards, a happy warlock

as for pet battles: with no ability to one shot anymore (Flexfire Feline), the fact they removed powed leveling via Nishi and so many miss in battles I will probably just stop is alltogether. Even my deep freeze pvp team is screwed. Why do they spend time balansig it? They said it was supposed to be a mini-game and they wouldn't use ressources to balance it? I dare to say the nerf of FFF affects PVE more than PVP? PVP nerfs destroying PVE balance? I've seen this pattern before...

At this point they should just remove misses.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2013-01-31 at 06:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    That's pretty much standard budget - if it's just the budget for the movie and doesn't include cost for advertising that is. Curious choice for a director. His movies were good, but there were also a bit on the "strange" side. At least he knows how to handle actors, so there is hope. I'd hate to see good CGI but lame actors.

That's pretty much standard budget - if it's just the budget for the movie and doesn't include cost for advertising that is. Curious choice for a director. His movies were good, but there were also a bit on the "strange" side. At least he knows how to handle actors, so there is hope. I'd hate to see good CGI but lame actors.
    Standard but on the low end if they are hoping for good box office numbers. If it's mostly CGI then it is on par with most animated films released from Disney and Pixar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    They are going to have to do something to keep people interested for another 2 years if they're aiming at a 2015 release.
    I'm sure they have plans to keep the majority of their playerbase interested for another 20 years, let alone 2.

So yeah.

Buff: Cyclone now has a 30 yd range, up from 20.
    Nerf: Cyclone now has a 30 sec cooldown for Feral druids.
    Nerf: Cyclone shares DR with banish/vanish/Spanish/blahblahblanish
    Nerf: Cyclone now has a 25 yd range, down from 30.
    Nerf: Cyclone now has a 20 yd range, down from 25.
    Lolbuff: Cyclone now has a 20 sec cooldown for Feral druids, down from 30.

Ah yes, "Billzord". ©

that change to LFR just sounds down right desperate

I wish they could have kept Sam Raimi on board for the movie but at least the ball is rolling again. For the producer, Dark Knight Rising isn't much of a plus since I consider it to be very likely the worst Batman movie ever made. It dragged on too long and made Batman look too weak and vulnerable. The way they "defeated" the villain Bane was also pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    that change to LFR just sounds down right desperate
    Well it kinda is considering the level of bad found in most lfr groups.

Anyone excited about the movie, go try this to see what to expect from Warner Bros.

Read the book "queen of the damned" by Anne Rice
    Now go watch Warner Bros film adaptation of same book.

You won't be excited anymore. Metzen will have little control. Rice begged them not to release that insult of a film adaptation and they ignored her. Look it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

Hollywood accounting (also known as Hollywood bookkeeping)[1] refers to the opaque accounting methods used by the film, video and television industry to budget and record profits for film projects. Expenditures can be inflated to reduce or eliminate the reported profit of the project thereby reducing the amount which the corporation must pay in royalties or other profit-sharing agreements, as these are based on the net profit.

Deleted

Thumbs down

Shadowpriest....

Phantasm - no longer makes you untargetable. Movement protection increased to 5 sec (from 3 sec).
    So thats basicly back to squishy to everything than just melee

Dispersion - now belongs to the Shadow school, meaning it can get locked out.
    Ok, your own fualt if you get locked out, but with some classes, you get bursted down in 1 lockout. GJ

Halo will no longer hit enemies that are in Stealth.
    Because SPs are so OP vs rogues... for once .. Its not like druids in slealth kill us in 5 seconds :S OH SNAP!
    And since rogues are the interup experts, seems disperion will be useles against them as failsafe

Power Word: Solace has been replaced with a new talent: Solace & Insanity
    For Shadow, this ability causes Mind Flay to gain the Insanity effect when it's cast on a target with 3 Shadow damage-over-time spells on it. Insanity increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per Shadow Orb consumed.
    I liked the previous version, atleast that had some high crits on the fualt of the opponent that aided in what little burst SP had, the rotation was easy to learn. And I say had because the change in DP is just rediculous, it does les dmg statisticly.

Glyph of Mind Spike only works from Mind Spike that aren't instant casts from Surge of Darkness.
    More burst nerf, it makes Surge of Darkness utterly useless in any instant it gets procced. Probably done to make the 3 dot double MF a challange. Atleast replace something with it.

Flash Heal and Binding Heal will heal for 30% less when cast by Shadow Priests.
    Simply because we didnt die fast enough... VE is pathetic and Dp doesnt do wonders. I cant DPS a warrior with second wind/ MS up down, but a warrior can already instakill me with hots PoM and flashhealing myself. Oh good thing I wont have to try and save myself anymore.

Seems my gametime expired 2 days ago...
    Good thing I wont renew it. This game is going to the sewers

Even I think the SP hits are a bit too hard and will probably be readjusted or removed to not hit as hard come live

Oh I thought they scrapped the movie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Reflection has been replaced with Deflection, an ability that always attempts to go first and causes the pet to avoid all attacks for that round.

Nooooo. My A.I. is nerfed badly. It was fun too trow the same ability back at the enemy. I am ok with mr.biggleswort nerf tho. It has some survability at least. Flux nerf is also fine, it was anoying meeting 1 in pvp. (but it was funny when the same ability was reflected back into them)

Well the worst part will be lvling pets at trainers. Battles will last much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I feel that if the movie is shit, people will then complain even harder when new stuff for the game (patches, XPacks) come out, since it doesn't seem like some people can seperate the 2.

I hope it's going to be good, but I don't think there has been an awesome game-to-movie yet (apart from camp-classic maybe)

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 09:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I wish they could have kept Sam Raimi on board for the movie but at least the ball is rolling again. For the producer, Dark Knight Rising isn't much of a plus since I consider it to be very likely the worst Batman movie ever made. It dragged on too long and made Batman look too weak and vulnerable. The way they "defeated" the villain Bane was also pretty lame.
    Each his own I guess. I kinda like the long dragged out buildup, despite being a bit repetitive maybe (climb the pit->fail->climb the pit again->fail->climb the pit again->win) All of the police force running into a tunnel was a bit far fetched as well, but the lock down feeling of a city gripped by a villain, and the outstanding performance by Tom Hardy made it all worthwhile. Maybe Anne Hathaway in a catsuit on a motorcycle helped a bit too.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    I didn't see any movie made by duncan jones, so I can't really judge his skills. But in the age before "the lord of the rings", nobody knew peter jackson aswell. He was some kind of horror-no-budget-splatter-movie director with 'great filmworks' like "braindead" and "bad taste". I remember the announcement of peter jackson becoming the LOTR director and everyone on the interwebz went nuts about this decision.

Never underestimate a young and passionate director.

the one thing i could show off was my warlock 60 pvp gear. never seen anyone else with it. gonna be way too common now knew it was just a matter of time

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell: Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience. Though his mystical story-weaving magic (and well, the Dungeon Finder), both Alliance and Horde characters are now able run these previously faction-specific Scenarios.
    Doesn't look like a good idea. I liked the "It's just for my faction, not yours" approach. This isn't a gamebreaking feature, and have little to no effect. Besides, how many players will be willing to "help" the opposing leaders?