Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

This is the crisis facing china

THE air is so bad, you can see barely 200m down the road. People are hiding behind masks. And one man is selling fresh air in a can. This is the crisis facing China.

Anyone want to buy fresh air in a can???
    I'm selling them $50 for a can

http://www.news.com.au/world/toxic-s...-1226565630662

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    THE air is so bad, you can see barely 200m down the road. People are hiding behind masks. And one man is selling fresh air in a can. This is the crisis facing China.

Anyone want to buy fresh air in a can???
    I'm selling them $50 for a can

http://www.news.com.au/world/toxic-s...-1226565630662
    London went through this, and eventually got out of it. China will too. I'm much more concerned about their aging workforce and economy propped up with unnecessary infrastructure spending. But I think these are all challenges China will work through.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Kinda how the Salt Lake Valley looked for the last month. God damned inversion, not as bad as Beijing but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    London went through this, and eventually got out of it. China will too. I'm much more concerned about their aging workforce and economy propped up with unnecessary infrastructure spending. But I think these are all challenges China will work through.
    Russia went through it too and now there are uninhabitable cities there :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Is the pollution coming from all the factories there? if not where is it coming from?

10+ Year Old Account
    The crisis China is facing is corruption in government.

Deleted
    It's quite easily altered, it's only because the government has previously failed to recognize it's importance, it's not a crisis when it's so easy to control.

that guy is the smartest guy ever. who'd have ever thought about selling air? he's gonna make a fortune on that.

BRB, I'm gonna cause extreme pollution on my country.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    But don't they have one of the longest life expectancies compared to other races?
    I hear about lots of 100+ Japanese people, haven't heard anything about long lived Chinese.

Another issue they have in the dwindling female population, there are so many useless teenage Chinese boys running around it's causing lots of crime related issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Another issue they have in the dwindling female population, there are so many useless teenage Chinese boys running around it's causing lots of crime related issues.
    That is China's real major issue. Millions and millions of angry young men with no chance of finding a wife - wouldn't surprise me to see some major internal strife in the next few decades.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

doesnt matter china owns USA they can let them pump fresh western air into china for all the billions of money they are in debt to china

Makes me think of spaceballs. Peirri-air..

Fresh air in a can I think I can make a profit going to china!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I know Hong Kong is no.3 on the list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ife_expectancy
    The rest of China is 93rd - Hong Kong is a very different environment because was under foreign rule for a very, very long time, and under different guidelings than mainland China.

Which sort of promotes the idea that really terrible air and other environmental factors kill, regardless of genes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    That is China's real major issue. Millions and millions of angry young men with no chance of finding a wife - wouldn't surprise me to see some major internal strife in the next few decades.
    It would be the Krogan rebellions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    It would be the Krogan rebellions...
    Oh goddamnit do I have to create the bloody genophage again?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    I was in Shanghai back in 2009, and it was always "cloudy" from all the pollution. You could often see the sun still and it was really hot, but no real sunshine. No surprise this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    I was in Shanghai back in 2009, and it was always "cloudy" from all the pollution. You could often see the sun still and it was really hot, but no real sunshine. No surprise this is happening.
    I saw the weather forecast for mumbai the other day. It said "21 degrees, smoke" (instead of rainy, sunny, clouded)
    I still dont know why. If it was due to smog or a fire...

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Oh goddamnit do I have to create the bloody genophage again?
    Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    China will get through it.

Changes need to happen, no doubt about that much.

Still one of my favourite countries.