10+ Year Old Account

Warrior Protection PvP

Hello i have been thinking of leveling my warrior to 90 and since im on a low populated server i mainly pvp.I have always been a fan of protection and this is why im asking what is the current situation of the class/spec mentioned and how will it be in patch 5.2 (speculations).Is it possible to do arenas efficiently or is it just for RBGs?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    Hello i have been thinking of leveling my warrior to 90 and since im on a low populated server i mainly pvp.I have always been a fan of protection and this is why im asking what is the current situation of the class/spec mentioned and how will it be in patch 5.2 (speculations).Is it possible to do arenas efficiently or is it just for RBGs?
    Generally just RBGs with the role of flag / orb carrier / node defender. You might be annoying to deal with in an arena but without any real damage output its super niche and lacks any real value.

Prot DPS Spec has probably the best DPS out of all the tank specs in the game. On my full malev warrior I can hit up to 90k+ Shield Slams(Lower gear of course) and my bladestorm can hit anywhere from 25k-50k each hit. Although bladestorm is not very viable for arenas. If you expect to be playing really low mmr (1200 or less) I would probably say go for it. Because I am virtually unkillable as prot can basically sit 35% entire time.

Prot warrior is the most funny class for pvp in bgs but is annoying to do arenas.

Deleted
    5.2 Prot Warrior damage is upped alot. (SS And Revenge hit for 150%harder) I might try serious Prot PvP then. ZaelRah really doesnt have a clue, Prot Warrs do the least damage of all prot spec in pvp atm.. Pallys arent great either, and monks die quickly. Altho Prot Warrs are best flag carriers, they suck everywhere else. Blood DKs are great in low mmr arenas it seems..

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot seems kind of pointless with Arms Warriors getting all of Prot's best tools, thanks to the wisdom of Blizzard.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    5.2 Prot Warrior damage is upped alot. (SS And Revenge hit for 150%harder) I might try serious Prot PvP then. ZaelRah really doesnt have a clue, Prot Warrs do the least damage of all prot spec in pvp atm.. Pallys arent great either, and monks die quickly. Altho Prot Warrs are best flag carriers, they suck everywhere else. Blood DKs are great in low mmr arenas it seems..
    The AP scaling nerfs to SS and Revenge also don't affect Prot PvP as much due to Vengeance being disabled in PvP back in Cata.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    ZaelRah really doesnt have a clue, Prot Warrs do the least damage of all prot spec in pvp atm..
    That's a lie, for one I meant their burst though I realize now I completely worded my sentence incorrectly. In full warrior burst Prot will be hitting harder than any other prot class in full burst. I can get within the top 3 highest damage in BGs as prot, sometimes even the very top. You don't have a clue, I know what I'm saying from actually playing the class.