Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    How about one that can transform into either a shield or a spear. The spear version obviously would need a str version for DK's but that just some diffrent stats. The biggest problem is probably the fact that shields are not as desirable as weapons, even though a truly unique tower shield (yeah its time for another frikking huge and therefore proper shileld like Bullwark of Azzinoth, blocking a dragon with a buckler is just retarded) would be something most warrior/paladins would enjoy. The theme of spear and shield is one that isn't properly explored in wow anyway,

In the end, should one come, my guess would be that is just a spear/staff. We've already seen that Blizzard doesn't give a shit when it comes to equal distribution when they made a single class legendary with fangs of the father and hid large parts about wrathions lore from the rest of the player base.
    Yep I would indeed enjoy it. And you're totally right with a tower shield.
    Qiang's shield does not look bad but it's too little.
    The ToT-shield drops from Boss 8, don't know who this is, and it looks like a wooden/carapace shield. Oh man.

What's up with Blizzard anyway with those shields?

I remember when I first read of the Shield in Dragon Soul: "Blackhorn's mighty bulwark". I thought 'yay, bulwark! must be a big & cool shield!". Damn I was so wrong. Ugly little thing, despite being made of Deathwing's armor or something, it was not cool.

The Shard of Torment did 'never' drop, in Normal nor Heroic. At least it was no little shield. I ran around with the 359 epic boe-shield until the ugly 378 shield in Hour of Twilight. Yes that was indeed an ugly one.

Well my Qiang-shield is tranmogged into Shieldwall of the Breaker from Ulduar10, and I'm happy with it. However, I don't want to keep this transmog in whole 5.2 when the gear is changing to T15 (Warrior).

To the real topic: I agree, and above poster is right, there was an icon for a shield amongst the other...
    And as a shield tank, I'd love to have a legendary shield instead of a legendary weapon.

Hopefully we will get a freakin' awesome legendary in the Legion-Addon, yarrrr :-)
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahine View Post
    I feel like the most hated role in WoW is tanking. There has been only one tank specific legendary throughout the entirety of the game(not including the eye). Even with the new gems none have been tank specific while all of them clearly work perfectly for dps or healing. You can argue that str and agi are good for tanks but in all honesty, they are not for tanks. Does anyone else feel the same way or are other tanks content with how the legendaries are in the expansion?
    If this was 2 expansions ago, I would say that agi really isn't for plate tanks, and theres better for agi tanks

If this was last expansion, I woulds say that Str really isn't for tanks at all.

ATM, though, one cannot argue with the fact that 500 Str/Agi is quite a bit of AP, affecting almost all mitigation, parry for plate, and crit/dodge for leather. Would a 750 stam gem have been nice? Yes. Was it actually 100% needed? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Wonder how the playerbase would react if the final legendary from MoP is a tanking one, no matter what class/spec

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    A legendary shield would be awesome.

It will never happen though :P
    I'm not so sure of that anymore, I doubt anyone would've bought we'd see a legendary gem and meta gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    There has been only one legendary hunter weapon in the whole game.
    No polearm.
    Plus, there has been only one one handed mace for the healers.

Well in fact, everyone but rogues, retpals & warriors (damage dealers) and staff users only had one legendary weapon.
    I do not put the death knights with retpals and warriors since even if they can equip Sulfuras & warglaives, they only had one legendary weapon in their time. (Which is Shadowmourne)
    And it wasn't even BiS....

Just make it a legendary quest line where you in the end can pick a legendary suited for your tanking class.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    I'm not so sure of that anymore, I doubt anyone would've bought we'd see a legendary gem and meta gem.
    The problem with a shield is only 2 of the classes that can tank use a shield. If the shield has any kind of raid utility (Val'anyr bubbles the raid for example) you can be damn sure that there will be raid groups out there who refuse to bring tanks who cant use the shield.

If it is just personal, then it's still better than a tank that doesn't have it because it's more mitigation or whatever.

The thing with weapons is more classes are able to use them. There is only 1 weapon in the game all 5 tank classes can use. 1 handed mace.
    Dual wield DK tanking isn't what it used to be, druids cant dual wield at all so the item would have to be pretty badass to make up for the loss in stats for not having a 2 hander, dual wield brewmaster isn't too bad.
    Warriors and Paladins cant tank at all if the use a 2 hander, many of their skills do not even work if they do not have a shield equipped, Monks can't use 2 handed maces, druids can use 2 handed maces (but with the itemisation on gear mostly use staff or polearm) as can DKs.

Can't really find a truely even ground to cover all the tanks with one item. Atiesh was the only legendary to have multiple versions, you had one for druids, mages priests and mages, a similar thing would have to be done for tanks, as evident above, not all tanks use the same weapon set up.

I do agree with you that prior to MOP no one would have thought a legendary gem and meta gem were possible, or even that the "legendary" wasnt specific to a handful of classes based on their role, healer, melee DPS, caster, or a rogue, or whatever.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Could also work, though not really sure why you would need to be able to turn one into the other? why not just both?
    Cant really see why you would want to switch it since only a paladin or warrior could use both a shield or a polearm.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Well when my healers don't notice it I usually take a DPS-flask and if I'm feeling wild I use dps-food, so I would probably have used the str-gem in my Sha-weaon even if there was a stamina alternative.

I feel that my ret OS gets more screwed with the legendary crit-gem in 5.2 since crit is miles behind haste or even strength for ret, it's not like the crit-loving warriors is doing tones of more dps then rets even before this....

But I wouldn't say no to a big and fat legendary tanking shield with some cool on equip/on use/on proc visuals!
    Last edited by Ater; 2013-01-31 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahine View Post
    I feel like the most hated role in WoW is tanking. There has been only one tank specific legendary throughout the entirety of the game(not including the eye). Even with the new gems none have been tank specific while all of them clearly work perfectly for dps or healing. You can argue that str and agi are good for tanks but in all honesty, they are not for tanks. Does anyone else feel the same way or are other tanks content with how the legendaries are in the expansion?
    Legendaries overall are badly implemented in WoW. Why do people obsess over them? Especially now that gear resets every patch.

To elaborate, the way legendaries are done now is the lazy "lets just throw an inflated ilvl on it so that it makes the wearer OP". That just makes them normal OP items. I've always thought legendaries should not make personal performance OP, but rather provide unique raid-wide utility. It takes guild-wide effort to get them, and they usually go to a skilled/veteran player. Take advantage of this and provide a unique effect that if used intelligently provides great utility specifically designed for beating some encounters in the next tier. Also, have their stats scale with rest of the gear so that they don't get outdated and can be pulled out and used in specific fights for all the following tiers and expansions. Oh, and make them only obtainable when it's current content and bind them to the guild, and don't make them guaranteed to get like they are now.
    Last edited by mmoc670ef1c233; 2013-01-31 at 11:47 AM.

I hate tanks. why? because I'm a warlock and blizz doesn't let me tank, so I hate those they let tank.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    A sword.

It would be a 1 handed sword for paladins and warriors and a polearm for druids and death knights.
    And the idea is simple, it was originally a polearm, but it got broken in 2 pieces, you get both and then you're offered the item reforged, but paladins and warriors decide against this and only take the blade.

Deleted
    if your saying the 2h wearing tanks wil be getting a 2h legendary and shield tanks only shield legendary well that will suck because shield tanks wil stil have a epic weapon left wich wil make the shield iether overitemized or underitemized comparing to a 2h wep, thus is should be 2h legendary for 2h users and a sword and board for shield tanks since the shield and sword wil be a set and thus both be 1 halves of 1 legendary while the 2h is a whole...

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I hate tanks. why? because I'm a warlock and blizz doesn't let me tank, so I hate those they let tank.
    Tanks take notice: Remember this statement next time checking facts pulls aggro.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why not just class specific legendary weapon , one or two handed, and stats would be based on class, like the good old vanilia naxx staff. It had different values for every available class choice
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I don't even see why a tanking shield would be that bad. The glaives were initially for two classes, the bow for 1, fangs for 1, sulfuras for 2, and thunderfury 2 that mainly used. I don't see why the mentality of everyone of the same role must have a shot at the legendary. Yes you can argue for balancing reasons but the game didn't start with or even continue with it being completely balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Tanks take notice: Remember this statement next time checking facts pulls aggro.
    you can do a battle.net search and you'll probably never find a toon named "checking facts"

checking facts: currently there are no toons named "checking", and 153 toons named "facts", at least on the US version of the game (which is where I play)

feel free to pick on all toons named "facts"

EDIT: 13 of them are warlocks, and the highest level warlock "facts" is level 75.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-31 at 09:51 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

As a tank myself I don't feel very loved aswell. I keep clearing out heroics with great speed and minimum damage taken, yet people are still rude and ninja stuff. When I play on my DPS, it feels like a vacation. I can top the meters with 45% while watching TV. *bragging mode activated?*

When talking about legendaries, it does kinda suck that we don't have one. They gave rogue's their own legendary in 3.3, why not a nice shield for warriors and pallies?

We suffer so others don't have to...