10+ Year Old Account

Age of Empires 3, have cd keys, missing cd

I own the Age of Empires 3: Gold Edition (NOT the Steam Edition, retail), and have the first 3 discs, but can't for the life of me find the 4th. I have all the product keys intact.

Any way to use my product key to download the game? Or perhaps download a trial version then input the CD key there?

I want to do this all LEGALLY, of course.

Thank you!
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-01-31 at 12:12 AM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

redeem the cd key on steam

10+ Year Old Account
    It is retail, not steam.

Steam is Age of Empires Online.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

steam has AoE 3 on it, you can redeem retail CD keys on steam

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I have tried that already. I only have the Gold Edition, which is AoE3 and the first expac, Warchiefs. The only game available on Steam is the complete collection.

The CD keys do NOT work, I've already tried.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Is it not legal to torrent a copy for personal use if you already own the legit copy?

Or did someone bullshit me?

Deleted
    It's legal to borrow someone else's discs and use your own key. I don't know what kind of moral cloud you're trying to avoid by not pirating an .iso when you already have a legitimate key.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I own the Age of Empires 3: Gold Edition (NOT the Steam Edition, retail), and have the first 3 discs, but can't for the life of me find the 4th. I have all the product keys intact.

Any way to use my product key to download the game? Or perhaps download a trial version then input the CD key there?

I want to do this all LEGALLY, of course.

Thank you!
    You can download the game from a torrent ( do not crack it! ) and then use your cd-key in it.

Cheers!

EDIT: ( if you want more lawful description, you have a licence ( cd-key ) for that game and that means that you will not give your licence to anyone, or use it in any other purpose than to play the game as it was intended. ) So you can download the game, redesign it and make out of it StarCraft II if you want, but if you want to PLAY it, you must not change the game.

Basically, you can download it from where ever as long as you play it with your cd-key.
    Last edited by Baloneyz; 2013-01-31 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Is it not legal to torrent a copy for personal use if you already own the legit copy?

Or did someone bullshit me?
    The problem as far as legality goes with a torrent is when you upload any amount of the game you're distributing it.