Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Every expansion has hinted at the next expansion. Burning legion is next.

Just like Pandaria being on the Azeroth globe doodad before it was announced. This expansion holds TONS of hints at what is coming next.

Christ Metzen: "You will need Turalyon and Allerias help for what is next" - Turalyon and Alleria have been gone for years fighting in the twisting nether against the burning legion.

Rob Pardo: "Draeneis and Blood elves will be getting lots of attention next expansion" - Main race focused on the legion.

Besides this, the big one is NPC's that tell you indirectly.

Wrathion
    : "I believe we are headed towards a reckoning... What Garrosh Hellscream achieved in Theramore is nothing compared to the horrors that are even now bearing down on our fragile home" ... And of course whilst the Wrathion is saying that you see a World (Azeroth) which has the classic "Infernal Landing" Green Meteor bearing down on it.

Zoltan (Master Pet Tamer) is level 47 in Felwood: “Are you ready to accept the Master’s gift? Will you be blessed by his loving wrath, or consumed by it like all of the others? Demons are the future of this world. The sooner you embrace that, the sooner you join the winning team. Sargeras will live once more! All of you must work to aid the great revival of our Master. Only through Him may we usher in eternal peace for all! Our Master, protector of all life, will soon blind all of the heretics and grants us immeasurable power! The Master shall rain hellfire upon Azeroth, and then we will at last cleanse the Light from this wretched world!”

This NPC was introduced in 5.0

Eric Thibeau (stealthed rogue in Shrine of stars): "Northrend still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin from the Cataclysm. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores? We openly deal with the ethereal, ignorant of their true intentions. Could we be aiding in the preparation of our own demise"

=======

Random things introduced in the game as of 5.0/Panda launch

-Sargeras followers all over Felwood
    -More demonhunters are present in the game
    -The Council of Six Daggers curiously mention two members going back to Outland

I know many people think it means nothing. But blizzard doesn't put TONS of hints in the game for absolutely no reason. It's a pretty safe assumption legion is next, as burning crusade truly was not a legion focused expansion. and the legion is THE major villain in the WC universe now. thoughts?
    Last edited by Sydarm; 2013-01-30 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    This again.
    /opens stall with tin foil hats on.

Lets get the current expansion past the first tier of raiding first. or use the search button and add to one of the 1001 other "Burning legion will be next" threads.

Deleted
    I sure hope it is, because then I WILL Resub, leaving wow hurt bad, but the Burning Legion will have me running back faster than a very fast thing which is running real, REAL fast.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    Eric Thibeau (stealthed rogue in Shrine of stars): "Northrend still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin from the Cataclysm. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores? We openly deal with the ethereal, ignorant of their true intentions. Could we be aiding in the preparation of our own demise"
    Didnt know about that guy, thats pretty interesting.

Sounds awesome, bringing WoW back to its roots. Not that I'm not enjoying MoP, but I've REALLY been looking forward to the Burning Legion.

I sincerely hope you're right.

People put together similar lists about how MoP was actually going to be about the Emerald Dream. How wrong they were.

We don't know what Alleria and Turalyon are doing or where exactly they've gone. You assume they are fighting the Legion somewhere (2 mortals against an entire army on another planet? Even Knaak couldn't pull that off). They could just as easily be having a romantic honeymoon in some tropical paradise.

Demons and cultists associated with them have been all over Felwood, Desolace and even in enclaves and Ashenvale since classic. Showing they are still there means very little. Zoltan was introduced in 5.0 as a pet battler with a possible reference to Diablo 3. You fight his mini-demons...

Wrathion's illustration is fine and dandy but, Old Gods are still present and lore says they are strong than the Legion, as well as the reason why his father went murderously insane. How do you know *that* isn't the reckoning?

How do you know the attention the Draenei get won't be bringing Azuremyst up to date with the rest of the world and showing a fully operational Exodar with the Draenei actually being more than a token force in the Alliance? And how do you know the Blood Elf attention won't be them taking the reins of the Horde following the wake of removing Hellscream?

And just to finish, these aren't "hints", the Legion has been a part of WoW lore since its inception. Just because there are quests (specifically a warlock class quest) dealing with them, and an odd demon-hunter in Felwood or Blasted Lands (places of heavy demonic infestation, STILL) doesn't mean the next expansion is going to be about the Legion. Until the next expansion is announced, you really should just cut back on the hype and supposition. A lot of people were surprised and thoroughly disappointed that "Pandas" was this expansion, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    People put together similar lists about how MoP was actually going to be about the Emerald Dream. How wrong they were.

We don't know what Alleria and Turalyon are doing or where exactly they've gone. You assume they are fighting the Legion somewhere (2 mortals against an entire army on another planet? Even Knaak couldn't pull that off). They could just as easily be having a romantic honeymoon in some tropical paradise.

Demons and cultists associated with them have been all over Felwood, Desolace and even in enclaves and Ashenvale since classic. Showing they are still there means very little. Zoltan was introduced in 5.0 as a pet battler with a possible reference to Diablo 3. You fight his mini-demons...

Wrathion's illustration is fine and dandy but, Old Gods are still present and lore says they are strong than the Legion, as well as the reason why his father went murderously insane. How do you know *that* isn't the reckoning?

How do you know the attention the Draenei get won't be bringing Azuremyst up to date with the rest of the world and showing a fully operational Exodar with the Draenei actually being more than a token force in the Alliance? And how do you know the Blood Elf attention won't be them taking the reins of the Horde following the wake of removing Hellscream?

And just to finish, these aren't "hints", the Legion has been a part of WoW lore since its inception. Just because there are quests (specifically a warlock class quest) dealing with them, and an odd demon-hunter in Felwood or Blasted Lands (places of heavy demonic infestation, STILL) doesn't mean the next expansion is going to be about the Legion. Until the next expansion is announced, you really should just cut back on the hype and supposition. A lot of people were surprised and thoroughly disappointed that "Pandas" was this expansion, after all.

lol @ all this non sense.

"Sargeras will live once more" is DEFINITELY DIABLO RELATED
    Last edited by Sydarm; 2013-01-30 at 09:50 PM.

lol @ all this
    I feel the same way about your entire post of "evidence" and you espousing it confirms the next expansion is about the Burning Legion. but I actually went point by point. I'm glad to see you lack the ability, thought or verbal skills to defend your ridiculous claim.

I personally liked the last rhetorical question in paragraph #4.

And how do you know the Blood Elf attention won't be them taking the reins of the Horde following the wake of removing Hellscream?
    LOLOLOLOLOL

Zoltan = Zoltan Kule from Diablo
    Do you need more hints and clues?
    by his sermon is no different from the ones given by countless demonic zealots. Nothing new at all...

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOL
    You really find it ridiculous with the lore developments in 5.1 and 5.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope it's not Burning Legion. Outland is one of my least favorite parts of the game and BC lore in general is pretty dull if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a satyr on mount hyjal that suggested it as well in cata <3

Deleted
    The vast majority of the Horde would rather keep Garrosh instead of being led by a Blood Elf, the race most true Horde players despise.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The vast majority of the Horde would rather keep Garrosh instead of being led by a Blood Elf, the race most true Horde players despise.
    First off, lorewise that isn't the case at all. Secondly a majority of the Horde playerbase are Blood Elves, and "true Horde" is a fallacy constructed inside your embittered mind about the realities of the Blood Elf percentage of Horde population

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    There was a satyr on mount hyjal that suggested it as well in cata <3
    Ya, there was an Eredar Lord who said our world was doomed in ToCr back in Wrath as well. hints hints everywhere! Oh wait, the Legion's lackeys ALWAYS say this -.-

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Every expansion eh? I don't know really, Vanilla didn't hint that much about TBC until the Dark Portal actually opened, neither did TBC hint an awful lot about Wotlk, until the zombie-plague, and Wotlk didn't really hint to Deathwing destroying the planet, and Cataclysm really didn't hint that much to Mists of Pandaria either.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That's a lot of crap honestly. So far, the trolls, the tauren, the forsaken and the blood elves are conspiring to get rid of Garrosh, heck even a fair portion of orcs and goblins wants it too.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Meh, just be patient, someday we will know. Its not like it isn't hinted everywhere, as other already said. The legion always proclaims they will own us.

But yes, I would take Garrosh... I WOULD TAKE ANYTHING ELSE over an elf as faction leader. I doesn't fuckin matter. I rather take Basic Campfire or some weird crap.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I feel the same way about your entire post of "evidence" and you espousing it confirms the next expansion is about the Burning Legion. but I actually went point by point. I'm glad to see you lack the ability, thought or verbal skills to defend your ridiculous claim.
    I see you had a bowl of beef snarly for lunch....
    I will say what you deem probable is possible, but on a fun meter, it sucks balls. I think Burning legion is more likely due to it not sucking a big fat lemon.
    Also. Eat something with sugar, you sound a little cranky over this...and you have more important shit to worry about in life then being cranky over wow....embittered haha, well who cornered the market on that one today???? yah

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAA! BASIC CAMPFIRE: the burning wood, next xpac for suresies!
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2013-01-30 at 10:13 PM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Meh, just be patient, someday we will know. Its not like it isn't hinted everywhere, as other already said. The legion always proclaims they will own us.

But yes, I would take Garrosh... I WOULD TAKE ANYTHING ELSE over an elf as faction leader. I doesn't fuckin matter. I rather take Basic Campfire or some weird crap.
    Currently Lor'themar has more balls than Garrosh has braincells.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me link this again, I think I'm the only one who sees this pattern:

Every expansion hints at something that is TWO expansions out. This might just be a tinfoil-hat conspiracy, but...

Classic: Hinted at Wrath with Naxxramas being the final raid.
    BC: Hinted at Cataclysm with Deathwing mentioned as being alive and plotting something
    Wrath: Anomaly. Pandaria comes out of nowhere.
    Cata: Hints at South Seas themed Naga expansion with HEAVY Naga content, and Naga mobilizing. Azshara also appears in-game for the first time.
    MoP: Hints at Legion Expansion
    Expac #5: (would be the South Seas Naga expac)
    Expac #6: (Legion)
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

If they bring Alleria and Turalyon back and make them neutral I will be pissed.