Recommend a laoptop

I've got a great gaming rig at the moment so this isn't for a replacement.

Now i do some traveling and want to do two things.

First i want to replace my tablet (older android 2.2) that's no longer really supported well.

Be able to play some of my games (like starcraft 2). I don't mind playing in a lower resolution / settings. I just feel a laptop/tablet combo will fill the role better than a new tablet. More storage space means i could rip some of my dvd's to watch on it while traveling without having to bring the disks along, and get some gaming in. maybe even online via wifi.

But i really want to retain the touchscreen capabilities of a tablet. So i've been thinking about those new ultrabooks but i don't see them being able to handle sc2 and other game's graphics well. I know i'll have to get an I5 processor one probably.

I won't be picking it up soon but i definetly will be picking it up near the end of the year (so new models should come out. just point me at something current so i know how much to expect to spend roughly.

There are a bunch of Ultrabooks with touchscreens coming out later this year so nothing out right now is really useful to look at.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    There are a bunch of Ultrabooks with touchscreens coming out later this year so nothing out right now is really useful to look at.
    Yea i'm just trying to see how much i'd expect to save up. i'm figureing rougly 800ish dollars or so. i don't want an uber gaming laptop/touchpad combo just someting that i can game on and use as a tablet also. (would be nice for wathcing movies too etc.

Any brands i should stay the hell away from?

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    Yea i'm just trying to see how much i'd expect to save up. i'm figureing rougly 800ish dollars or so. i don't want an uber gaming laptop/touchpad combo just someting that i can game on and use as a tablet also. (would be nice for wathcing movies too etc.

Any brands i should stay the hell away from?
    Personally I wouldn't touch HP, but I've heard that their Ultrabooks are decent. I just have some very bad experience with their usual laptops, specially the Pavilion series.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly wait for Haswell at this point before you decide to buy anything. Intel demonstrated their new GT3 iGPU outperforming Nvidia's GT 650M GPU while using about 1/8th the power. So Ultrabooks are going to definitely have some gaming capability with Haswell iGPU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    I would honestly wait for Haswell at this point before you decide to buy anything. Intel demonstrated their new GT3 iGPU outperforming Nvidia's GT 650M GPU while using about 1/8th the power. So Ultrabooks are going to definitely have some gaming capability with Haswell iGPU's.
    nice! like i said i won't be getting it till late this year (october-dec) so i'm sure those will be out before i get it.