Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tennessee "Don't Say Gay" Bill Is Back

www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/108/Bill/SB0234.pdf

Republican Senator Stacy Campfield has reintroduced a bill that prohibits teachers from discussing homosexuality with students. Here are some excerpts:

At grade levels pre-K through eight (pre-K-8), any such classroom instruction, course materials or other informational resources that are inconsistent with natural human reproduction shall be classified as inappropriate for the intended student audience and, therefore, shall be prohibited
    Oh, and the new bill also requires teachers to tell parents if their child is gay.

Parents or legal guardians of such students shall be notified as soon as practicable of the circumstances requiring intervention

This country is being run by dinosaurs.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Lemme guess? Tennessee is republican?

Its a stupid bill like many others, can't people (politicans) leave gays alone? I fail to see what the notifying accomplishes at least, and the homosexual part is just the republican views and what not.

Oh this bill again, such a fun thing when they tack on a little extra to change the voter's opinion.

IIRC in CA they had a bill about gay marriage and threw on a "we're gonna teach your kids about it as well!" piece to it which made people vote against it. Can't remember how long ago that was though.

Hahaha "requiring intervention" what the hell. Why do people still think that being gay is a choice and can be cured. It's so disgusting that the dinosaurs running the world are so ignorant and self absorbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand the reasoning behind it, because sex-ed doesn't happen until around 8th grade anyway. Such talk wouldn't be mentioned in a classroom anyway until then.

Since homosexuality sdoes not require intervention, clearly that clause might as well be null and void.

Its sad to keep seeing retarded bills being proposed though. Hope it doesn't pass.

Deleted
    I really wish the Republicans would just crawl into a hole and die.

Why people tolerate their intolerance is beyond me.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-31 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't really understand the reasoning behind it, because sex-ed doesn't happen until around 8th grade anyway. Such talk wouldn't be mentioned in a classroom anyway until then.
    Sex ed was in the 4th grade when I did it. Its kind of important to teach the stuff before puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It gets spread around. They gave us the general idea in 5th grade and talked about AIDS and then went into more detail in the 7th grade.

Political grandstanding to earn brownie points with the mouth-breathing troglodytes of their followers is all this is. They know its extremely controversial, they know most decent human beings see through this shit, and if pressed, its not going to hold water constitutionally. But it generates attention. They get to appear before their voters as defending "family values" or somesuch crap, then cry about the mean liburl media/the gay agenda/commie leftist/activist judges/etc when they get the political beatdown they deserve. Self-afflicted martyrdom for ratings done at the expense of gay children. Disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    I really wish the Republicans would just crawl into a hole and die.

Why people tolerate their intolerance is beyond me.
    Being anti-gay rights usually means your a Republican/Conservative.

But being a Republican/Conservative does not mean you are anti-gay rights. It's an important distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by BearGod-Siel View Post
    IIRC in CA they had a bill about gay marriage and threw on a "we're gonna teach your kids about it as well!"
    which was an out right lie...

OT, way to go GOP of Tennessee! what's next? making them wear a pink triangle? it really is heart warming to see that even though you are the third from being the poorest state in the union with 9.7% unemployment rate and 16% of your populous living in poverty. that you see fit to spend time on making teachers tell parents that they think their child is gay. haha...FUCK YOU.

10+ Year Old Account
    so many things wrong with this

They gave us a 1 day bodily education day (split boys and girls) in 5th grade. Pretty much said your pits are going to start stinking, you're going to be attracted to girls, and explained stiffys. 7th grade was sex ed.

I'd just tell them how reproduction works and what STDs are. Let them figure the rest out for themselves, pretty much all of us knew how it worked before 7th grade anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    But being a Republican/Conservative does not mean you are anti-gay rights. It's an important distinction.
    It would hel if non-bigoted Republicans condemn this garbage more.

They should get Hilary Duff to guest speak, she really set me straight.
    Hi Sephurik

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    They should get Hilary Duff to guest speak, she really set me straight.
    Say what? Is this sarcasm or are you being legitimate? If the latter, can you provide me video footage or something of her speech? :O

My thoughts on the OP? I'm sick of this crap. It's amazing we still have people trying to push this crap.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Republicans: Please drop the fucking social conservatives, they are on the wrong side of history and they are the reason you are constantly losing moderate votes.

Sincerely, rational Americans.
    Putin khuliyo

These bigots actually think saying anything about homosexuals will turn their children gay. Wtf is wrong with these people?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It would hel if non-bigoted Republicans condemn this garbage more.
    I notice a lot of younger Republicans speaking out against bills like this.

I just don't understand how you can hold such high office in this country, and be so incredibly ass backwards wrong on a fairly important issue.