Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Replaces strangulate, and DR's with remorsless and the ghoul Stun. And without chillblains, you need to blow chains to snare..they no longer root either.

Winter>strang is way superior to Winter>asphyx.

It's a trade off, and I don't honestly see the issue.

DK's are so good in RBG's right now. Don't really see a point in buffing them instead of fixing some specs like Ret and Elemental/Enhance...

A frost dk taking that over the other two clearly has no clue that it DRs with other important CDs. Chains of ice is good, but runes are precious.

Jesus dk's take remorseless winter and wonder why they do badly in pvp... it's simple, you don't want to take a second pvp trinket, asphyxate is a useless talent even with the 30sec cd because it doesn't silence when you DR stuns, it just says immune, considering both holy and ret paladins can get a 30sec cd stun atm(both in their respective combo's the cliche dk healers(ebola/TSG)/dps partners(vanguards cleave) so that stun would be rather pointless for an unholy DK death's advance is way superior atm(even better than chillblains considering the double freedom thing) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A9file/simple (he is using double healer specc I'm wrong) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...notherx/simple That's anotherx for you best dk of all time- And, unless I'm blind or retarded, he's using the exact specc I explained.
    Last edited by Wolfdragon; 2013-01-31 at 12:32 PM.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    Jesus dk's take remorseless winter and wonder why they do badly in pvp... it's simple, you don't want to take a second pvp trinket, asphyxate is a useless talent even with the 30sec cd because it doesn't silence when you DR stuns, it just says immune, considering both holy and ret paladins can get a 30sec cd stun atm(both in their respective combo's the cliche dk healers(ebola/TSG)/dps partners(vanguards cleave) so that stun would be rather pointless for an unholy DK death's advance is way superior atm(even better than chillblains considering the double freedom thing) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A9file/simple (he is using double healer specc I'm wrong) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...notherx/simple That's anotherx for you best dk of all time- And, unless I'm blind or retarded, he's using the exact specc I explained.
    Defile is using Aphyxiate, but he is also playing double healer, which makes his choices quite uncommon.

1v1, yes, dk's will be very strong. Keep in mind it drs with not only their stuns, but any other class stuns as well. Chillblains is still REALLY good for kiting melee and catching up to casters. I think most dks will still take 1 of the other 2 over asphyxiate, but atleast now it is situationally competetive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    A frost dk taking that over the other two clearly has no clue that it DRs with other important CDs. Chains of ice is good, but runes are precious.
    A DK choosing frost over Unholy in the first place have no clue at all. Unless their playing tsg, and I would even say Unholy is better for that aswell.
    And yea, it doesnt really DR with any ofthe talents that Frost DK's SHOULD use, which is Desecrated Ground instead of Remorseless Winter.
    For Unholy on the other hand, it DR's with Gnaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyatch View Post
    DK's are so good in RBG's right now. Don't really see a point in buffing them instead of fixing some specs like Ret and Elemental/Enhance...
    that is because you are smarter than the blizzard devs. your vision is balance across classes. their vision is Fotm'in specs/classes so people reroll and play their game longer beause they have to re-gear this new OP fotm spec/class to be competitive in pvp.

30 second cd undispellable 5 second stun/silence is too strong.

cleaves with dks are already very strong
    I really don't know how my healshaman will be able to survive longer than 2 minutes against this.

This can't go live, sorry.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Oh and uh dk's are right up there with 5.1 warriors defensively with blood pres + conversion competing with defensive stance + second wind.
    I'll have to wait to see. Blood presence seriously cuts down a Frost DKs ability to do damage, and even more so with conversion going. I wouldn't necessarily say 50%, but it's a LOT. (lose 10% damage bonus, lose much cheaper Frost Strike, lose 20% reduction on CC abilities). Still even with that, it may be too strong. But, I'm not going to jump the gun and instantly declare them OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    This game is such a joke. honestly how fucking dumb is GC?

Locks and Mages get blanket silence back? You mean two classes that were owning pvp to begin with?

Next patch Chaos Bolt will be insta-cast.
    Yes. Damn all those Destro locks getting all those gladiator titles!

/sarcasm off

its funny that Ghostcrawler says everyday on twitter that the game has to much undispellable instant crap cc
    And then they add more every patch, they also changed warlocks Blood fear and its now a terror effect like deathcoil, plus the ring of crap of monks that disarms and silences everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post

I really don't know how my healshaman will be able to survive longer than 2 minutes against this.

It should come as a shocker that my top team(2630) lived off of killing shamans in 30seconds and it involved a dk right? Oh and atm you shouldn't live more than 30seconds against an uh dk (SOLO) in their current state, which will not change. Consider this I as a barely glad player in s10(which I played mid season) tried playing with MANY DK's MANY... and I don't know alot about dk's- this was my guideline, can you solo disc priest in 20sec? yes? good can you solo force rshaman cooldowns in 30-40sec? yes? good get into my team. if eighter is no or proven to be untrue, the dk was in for a scolding and target practice in duels(needless to say I've had 2 proper DK partners EVER, but they were amazing)
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Asphyxiate on 30 sec cd?

I will be the first to welcome this insanely op Darth Vader death grip every 30 sec.

Looking forward to play my Unholy DK with Gnaw and this 30 sec cd stun. ByeBye healers
    Dont forget Necrotic Strike pressure, Mind Freeze, and Blood Elf Silence
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-31 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post

Could almost guarantee no dk would care if they completely removed it.

This is not the right ability to be complaining over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Dont forget Necrotic Strike pressure, Mind Freeze, and Blood Elf Silence
    because there are totally a TON of blood elves who are not paladins on the ladders.....
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Can't wait for te new death knight changes and also can't wait to play shadowcleave again!!!!

In other news, burst is worse in 5.2 than stampede/warrior stacking burst in 5.0 for ALL classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by anderekel View Post
    If people think that all dk's, or even most dk's are going to take this they're sorely mistaken. The problem is going to become that if we don't take death's advance or chilblains we'll have no mobility. We won't be able to sit on a target which is how unholy makes it's living, not huge burst, training targets into the ground and spreading diseases.

Secondly, people are saying that it's so bad because it'll be 30 seconds, so it'll be the same as fist of justice? Not something that anyone seems to complain about even though ret cooldowns are amazing (yes I know that their sustained is majorly lacking).

Most Unholy DK's are probably going to be taking roiling blood and chilblains with the change to reaping. The reaping change frees up frost runes to be used for icy touch dispels and blood runes will be for boiling blood to spread diseases.

Finally, to the guy that said that blood presence/conversion (though I haven't tried conversion on the ptr at all) is going to be the same as defensive stance/second wind is sorely mistaken. Defensive stance is currently 25% damage reduction and no loss of damage done. Blood presence is 10% damage reduction and some extra stam, however we lose rune regen or a ton of frost strikes (big damage loss) depending on frost or unholy. Second wind is a completely free, unstoppable HOT while conversion costs runic power and has to be triggered by the DK (again, loses damage with the runic power use).

Actually, that last comment wasn't finally. A big thing I notice is that people are acting like the DK will be able to do this unhindered. You have to remember, DK's aren't really getting any survivability buffs, we're still going to be squishy, so we're still going to be trained into the ground. You do have partners to stop a dk during a stun.
    thank you my friend for enlightening these people because its obvious alot of the posters arent even sure what a dk is or how it works

Possibly the worst way to buff/change DKs. There damage is already very good, but they NEED better survival/peeling abilities. As has already been said several times in this thread, no decent DK will take aspxiate over the other two options. I was planning on leveling my DK this week in preparation for 5.2 but mabey ill lvl my 85 rogue instead (not a big fan of rogues play style though).

Having said that, My main is a healer and I'm not looking forward to TSG and shadowcleave next season though. TSG is already dumd, and I haven't faced any shadowcleave this season, but I think it will make a come back next season based on current changes

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    thank you my friend for enlightening these people because its obvious alot of the posters arent even sure what a dk is or how it works
    And I second this, anderekel said it very well