10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it for the first time some weeks ago.

It's a decent casual game, It grew stale rather quick though, and the TTK is way to long for my taste.
    And I wasn't much of a fan of the lack of quest variety and small zones.

But it gave me a few hours of enjoyment for free so I can't complain!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

tried it a couple of weeks ago.. seems alright but the combat sucks ass. having to dance around like a maniac to get the mobs in a position where they don't rip you apart and you can actually do any damage was no fun at all. especially since the mobs seek to flank you the whole time and you got to have them between you and your damn rubberbanding idiot companion.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Story is okay, it's DnD so not super deep
    I just have to ask, why would you expect a D&D based game NOT to have a super deep story?

I havent played NWO in years but i honestly hope blizz will at some point bring the Foundry into wow
    Player created dungeons would be awesome,so many people have so many great ideas !! imagine being able to create a dungeon and share it online with other players,imagine the hours that can be spend into soloing/grouping in fan-made areas ! (or end up in a sex dungeon that resembles RP servers inns)

I dont know why...but i resonate with this game so much

You know that feeling when you play a new MMO? The one where you just think "this feels weird" for some reason and you dont know why?
    I DONT get that feeling on this one...and i actually feel cozy and confortable...

I love the graphics and movement.
    A lot of bag space
    Dialog on quests
    Even my fucking computer loves the game because it runs so smoothly and without breaks...even in cities

My only complaint is actually not about the game
    Is the fact players dont seem to speak or interact at all...just like in WoW

I found this random place while leveling that blew me away
    It was a tavern...with....some kind of underworld beam where souls were falling in a hole...in the middle of the friggin tavern (>_<)
    Other players where there and i tried to communicate with them but nah.

Pretty awesome place that tavern

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you jump in the hole? GO JUMP IN THE HOLE.

I also think Neverwinter is a criminally underrated MMO, but has always shot themselves in the foot with poor monetization and other sketch ball stuff. I heard they fubard combat somewhere in the last few expansions, but I honestly can't even keep up with where they are due to most content being relevant forever if you've not completed it. Pretty large list of things to achieve and content to experience, fairly good combat feel for the graphics quality, and solid dungeon experiences if you are a fan of the DnD variety.

My only actual complaint is I've wanted to see about 2x the amount of classes they have in the game released by now, but after the warlock it's like that was the contractually obligated number of choices and now no soup for anyone. At least give more specs to the current classes, but really just give more classes -- it's one of the hallmarks of DnD and the roleplaying aspect. Halfling Druid Death Mage anyone?
    BAD WOLF

Neverwinter?

So I just made a character in the Neverwinter mmo recently and I'm sort of kicking myself for not having tried it a long time ago. I think I tried the D&D online one a few months ago and couldn't get into it and didn't realize there was also a Neverwinter one but I have to say that in terms of gameplay and questing it feels more fun to me than any mmo I've ever played. I would have made this post under a Neverwinter thread but I couldn't find one. So maybe this could be the official Neverwinter thread or w/e. Anyone else given it a try lately? I know they are also releasing a major patch/module soon where the level cap will be squished from 80 to 20 which is more in line with traditional D&D rules.

I heard it's really grindy at endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I would have made this post under a Neverwinter thread but I couldn't find one.
    I gotchu fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Anyone else given it a try lately? I know they are also releasing a major patch/module soon where the level cap will be squished from 80 to 20 which is more in line with traditional D&D rules.
    I was leveling a warlock later last year but kinda fell off. I can't seem to get past the 30's in the current setup, I just kinda lose interest. I may give it another go after the level squish, I think they just released a bard class recently as well. Doubt I'll play it, they're never up my alley. But I'm mildly curious to see how the level squish will work, I imagine retention is a bigger problem and they're hoping that if they get folks to "endgame" faster will help?

It's a bit of a mixed bag though, I think folks are still pretty unhappy about some of the changes they made in a combat rework a few patches ago. Cryptic can be fantastic and have some great ideas, but their games are always very rough around the edges : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I gotchu fam.

I was leveling a warlock later last year but kinda fell off. I can't seem to get past the 30's in the current setup, I just kinda lose interest. I may give it another go after the level squish, I think they just released a bard class recently as well. Doubt I'll play it, they're never up my alley. But I'm mildly curious to see how the level squish will work, I imagine retention is a bigger problem and they're hoping that if they get folks to "endgame" faster will help?

It's a bit of a mixed bag though, I think folks are still pretty unhappy about some of the changes they made in a combat rework a few patches ago. Cryptic can be fantastic and have some great ideas, but their games are always very rough around the edges : /
    I'm not sure how long I'll play it but it really does feel a lot funner to me gameplay wise than wow has maybe ever. wow just has other ways to keep people involved imo but I can't do it anymore. The Bard class comes out in the next patch as well I think.

every few months I get an urge to play it again and it really is a lot of fun to level with. but then you get to boons and gear upgrades and ... I love group content in this game as well, but other then events it was pretty much inaccessible to me unless I was willing to grind a LOT and/or open up my wallet.

but to be completely honest, I truly started losing interest back when they

1. removed Gauntlgrym (it was a damn fun pvpve zone.)
    2. reworked pvp in general around the same time
    3. more recently, completely removed player created instances.

not all changes they made are bad IMO, I kinda like the mount and companion rework for the most part. but at the same time, something is just.... missing for me nowadays. it doesn't help that SO lost interest as well. its still fun as heck to level in, I just can't force myself to make it past lvl 60 anymore. they also made some changes to how solo play and scaling worked at later levels, which made it near impossible for SO and I to casually level our personal guild/stronghold like we used to.... and that was basically it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    3. more recently, completely removed player created instances.
    That was a few years back, no? But I'm still mad they never actually supported the Foundry system in STO/Neverwinter, there was so much potential for nearly endless content there : (

I think it's a pretty good MMO gameplay-wise - played it a lot when it was released, but the monetization eventually made me lose interest.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That was a few years back, no? But I'm still mad they never actually supported the Foundry system in STO/Neverwinter, there was so much potential for nearly endless content there : (
    well.. more recently then Gauntlgrym removal. Foundry still existed for a bit, after that was gone. but yeah... its been few years now. and agree, there was so much potential and just because some people created grind levels and used them as such doesn't mean the whole system should be scrapped... there were some really fun player created stories there...