Page 5 of 192 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    other than the fact that i keep pressing spacebar to dodge even tho its directional double tap or shift+ direction the only problem i have with the game so far is the inability for you to move while doing melee attacks, your sorta stuck in the direction the animation is going although u can change the direction you face you cant circle in behind enemies while attacking like you can in WoW/GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play as a Trickster Rogue and i like the animations. I do agree that the character models are average at best, but it fits the graphical setting of the game and if it means more people can play because of reduced requirement system specs, im all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I play as a Trickster Rogue and i like the animations. I do agree that the character models are average at best, but it fits the graphical setting of the game and if it means more people can play because of reduced requirement system specs, im all for it.
    in a totally f2p game thats what its all about cuz your gonna get a lot of players that dont have great comps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Character models and animations are the weakest part of the game so far for me. But at least they are better than DDO and Lotro in that respect.
    I hope at least the characters walk better then the DDO ones where you sorta drag your feet across the ground as if you have weights in your shoes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    other than the fact that i keep pressing spacebar to dodge even tho its directional double tap or shift+ direction the only problem i have with the game so far is the inability for you to move while doing melee attacks, your sorta stuck in the direction the animation is going although u can change the direction you face you cant circle in behind enemies while attacking like you can in WoW/GW2.
    Thats disappointing to hear, sounds the same as Forsaken world
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

i really love the ability to stay in stealth while attacking on the trickster rogue, and the fact that i can use skills to extend my stealth duration to stay in stealth even longer, its pretty fun. Love this class, except for the one skirmish i did where for some reason my stealth got disabled and we were fighting a boss like 4 levels higher than us or somthing and i couldnt use my stealth for higher damage had to change my skills out slowly as i was fighting and wast as effective, boss was annoying anyway so its not like my stealth would have helped, he was basically a rogue and used shadow step contantly so being a melee was pretty ruff when hes warping all over the place.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2013-03-09 at 02:19 PM.

Played a fair bit of this yesterday.

Really well done MMO. Gameplay is excellent for the most part. I like a lot of the systems and Cryptic's take on some of the 4e rules. Been a while since I enjoyed an MMO this much. Have to think back to Rift beta 3 for the last time I enjoyed an MMO as purely entertainment.

Only thing that worries me is the cost of the game. Neverwinter's cash shop is expensive. $40 for a mount? $15 for a bag slot? Etc.

There is the in-game currency to cash shop currency exchange. However, it seems at this stage of the game to be a massive grind/time sink to convert in game diamonds to zen. Not to mention the fact that you have to refine those diamonds to get a good return on zen.

And there is no doubt the cash shop is advantageous. The things in game bought with gold/diamonds are quite costly. Where as you can buy potions, mounts, henchmen, etc- from $5 to $50 a pop.

It just seems really, really expensive as all PWE F2P games tend to be.

That said,

Neverwinter's gameplay is fantastic. Engine is smooth, pretty enough and controls are for the most part rather snappy/responsive.

Very good and fun game so far.

Deleted
    Player made quests too

Yeah the player made content is what really will set it apart.

UGC is pretty good too. I ran like 6 player made dungeons. Though they were mostly hack-n-slash, some of them were clever mazes, quest chains and so on.

Some of the UGC is unfinished too.

One dungeon we ran last night had place holder text informing players that once the foundry tools were complete this is where a chest would be or secret passage, etc. Pretty nice. Breaks the up the monotony of endless monsters to slay with some traps and actual dungeoneering. Which DDO excelled in to the exclusion of all MMOs sans Ultima Online.

Yea, this game is good.

Man, would really like to check this out. I had no idea that beta-keys were being given away until now -- aaaand they're all gone. Went to their website; I really hate the way their little trailer thing makes the beta out to be some party that all the cool kids are invited to and you aren't allowed unless you buy a founder's pack.

I'm interested but I'll wait for release and the ability to test the waters myself. I have absolutely no desire to throw money at them in advance.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I'm sure there will be some more beta key giveaways for the next beta weekend which is supposed to be at the end of the month.

I definitely wouldn't spend the $60 just for beta access. It's a decent game but certainly one that you can wait for.

I hate how I can't run an attack. Well.. Run by holding down L and R mouse button while pressing a hotkey.. Unless you can somehow change it. I haven't figured out how.

Founder's Pack would be worth it IF the $60 also give $60 worth of Zen or whatever. Otherwise, wait. The cash shop is too expensive, IMO, to waste $60 on a Founders Pack w/o getting Zen.

Haven't looked into the packs myself.

According to their website, you get $149 worth of stuff for the $60 pack, which includes 125000 astral diamonds.. Though those diamonds needs to be converted to Zen to be of any use I think..

I have to agree though, from the ~6 hours I've spent in the game, I've had so much fun. Definitely one of the best MMORPGs I've played in a while. It feels like a very solid game, even if it isn't to innovative.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Astral Diamonds can be converted to zen yes, in a player run economy. (ie. If someone wants astral diamonds they can sell their zen and choose the rate, so I can sell my zen for...100 diamonds per zen or something) but astral diamonds are also worth keeping around as they are the auction house currency as well as you can use them at certain vendors for better items or special mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also obtained a beta key for this weekend. Yes the animations are a bit rough for my taste, but the world is very rich in detail (stuff to see) and has a nice atmosphere.

I needed to adjust to the movement and combat system, but you soon get the hang of it. Good MMO to keep an eye on when it's released. A good change from WoW once in a while..
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

KZD11-T4M-17MB
    BAZ98-E8X-96YK
    MPX95-K5P-41DZ

Beta keys. Be quick though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolstorm View Post
    KZD11-T4M-17MB
    BAZ98-E8X-96YK
    MPX95-K5P-41DZ

Beta keys. Be quick though!
    Thank you! <3
    Redeemed the middle one.

EDIT: It says:
    Key Redeemed
    PC Gamer (Stormraider Horse)

Does this mean that it was a mount without any beta-access? Lol
    Last edited by mmoc37d8d80d18; 2013-03-09 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least ONE of the people who redeemed lolstorm's keys let us know =/

Oh, well. Back to f5-ing this thread.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P