Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    sitting on about 45 gold.. any use for it other than kits, pots, assets and the first mount? see people seeling epics for gold lol either gold farmers or there is another use for it but im missing what that is lol.
    I've brought all the companions except the Cleric (since I am one), a mount, I've always got 20 of each survey kit on me and I've got about 35 gold at level 55.

Gold really is worthless in game, which is a pity. Even if they had a gold - AD - Zen converter it could help make gold actually mean something, but currently it's worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    sitting on about 45 gold.. any use for it other than kits, pots, assets and the first mount? see people seeling epics for gold lol either gold farmers or there is another use for it but im missing what that is lol.
    Not sure but I doubt anyone will sell anything valuable for gold as it's worth, well nothing, AD is worth cash in a roundabout way.

Really wish I had time to sit down and get into this game

Found a basic power/feat planner: http://ricardo.ishibashi.com.br/neverwinter/
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    (no the exchange doesn't count, same as AH manipulation doesn't count as a means to get more than 24k AD per day).
    Just because you say it dose not dose not change the fact that it dose count.

Like I already stated everything ingame can be done ingame without cash its just a grind.

If you get lets say 5 level 60's maxing 24k AD a day that is 120AD a day in just a couple days depending on how much AD gets you Zin you can respect.

There is many people who grind this type of way in many other mmo's even sub ones so this type of play style fits them.

If the play style isn't for you then I can see you having to spend cash.

But back to my original point Exchange and Ah Manipulation dose count because you can do it if you can make 100k worth in a week then all you need is around 3-4 weeks to get the Zin you need for doing a exchange.

I could log on right now and make 5k AD just from the Dungeon Daily+Froundry Daily so I'm sure at level 60 there is more choice's to make more AD.

Bottom line it is a choice ether Grind or Pay. That is how F2p mmo's work they got to make something to keep content coming and servers running.

I will agree that respect should not cost that much zin or any zin at all. now I could see them charge like 50k AD or something and this may get changed if the amount of people who get mad about it is high.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-05-07 at 11:20 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just because you say it dose not dose not change the fact that it dose count.
    No really, it doesn't. You can't expect every free to play player to play the AH, that's not even going in to the advantage players spending cash has in that sub game.

If you get lets say 5 level 60's maxing 24k AD a day that is 120AD a day in just a couple days depending on how much AD gets you Zin you can respect.
    That's just rediculous argument that free player should do this to be able to play the game in a reasonable pace.

But back to my original point Exchange and Ah Manipulation dose count because you can do it if you can make 100k worth in a week then all you need is around 3-4 weeks to get the Zin you need for doing a exchange.
    So in 3-4 weeks I could respecc after being forced in to bad choices due to lack of information...

I could log on right now and make 5k AD just from the Dungeon Daily+Froundry Daily so I'm sure at level 60 there is more choice's to make more AD.

Bottom line it is a choice ether Grind or Pay. That is how F2p mmo's work they got to make something to keep content coming and servers running.
    This argument falls on the fact that you can only get 24k AD refined a day, an arbitrary mechanic put in place to force the player in to spending cash, a mechanic which is what makes the game pay to win in many peoples eyes (lets not argue about the P2W definitions again).

I will agree that respect should not cost that much zin or any zin at all. now I could see them charge like 50k AD or something and this may get changed if the amount of people who get mad about it is high.
    I'd say 24k is reasonable, one days worth of AD refines, at least it's within reason then, especially as they are forcing bad choices to begin with.

Edit: I don't oppose paying for stuff, when I do open my wallet for free to play games it needs to be because I want to though, not because I have to...
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-05-07 at 11:48 AM.

No really, it doesn't. You can't expect every free to play player to play the AH, that's not even going in to the advantage players spending cash has in that sub game.

I'd say 24k is reasonable, one days worth of AD refines, at least it's within reason then, especially as they are forcing bad choices to begin with.
    I can agree on the playing AH part but what I ment was that exchanging dose count "didn't mean playing the AH was".

I agree I think 24k is reasonable.

But I did miss spoke I didn't mean that playing the AH was a choice its early for me so ill blame it on that lol.

Do keep in mind that this is a "Open Beta' and things can change if people got on forums and bitched about how useless AD is and respect's costing Zin they may change it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

That's just rediculous argument that free player should do this to be able to play the game in a reasonable pace.

So in 3-4 weeks I could respecc after being forced in to bad choices due to lack of information...

This argument falls on the fact that you can only get 24k AD refined a day, an arbitrary mechanic put in place to force the player in to spending cash, a mechanic which is what makes the game pay to win in many peoples eyes (lets not argue about the P2W definitions again).

All you seem to have is a complete sense of entitlement that these companies should just make games for every fucking casual player in the world and expect 0 profit from the finished product after numerous years of paying wages and product cost.

EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IS AVAILABLE TO PEOPLE WILLING TO PUT THE TIME INTO IT.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PUT THE TIME INTO IT, YOU CAN EITHER NOT GET IT, OR PAY FOR IT.

THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF FREE TO PLAY GAMES. THEY ARE COMPLETELY FREE TO PLAY BUT HAVE A MICROTRANSACTION METHOD TO ALLOW FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT HUGE AMOUNTS OF TIME TO PAY SOME MONEY TO EXPERIENCE THE FULL GAME.

IS PUTTING THIS ALL IN CAPS GETTING THROUGH TO YOU AT ALL?

Seriously stop feeling so entitled that you should be able to use a complete product that cost money to create, without putting ANYTHING into it i.e. Money/Time/Effort.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    *snip*
    Ignored you when I saw the over sized bold lettering, I can read just fine without it and find it both rude and annoying.

Ignored you when I saw the over sized bold lettering, I can read just fine without it and find it both rude and annoying.
    Not to sound like a ass and even tho his lettering was to big he dose have a point.

Not to sound like a ass and even tho his lettering was to big he dose have a point.
    I'm sure he had, he just thought it was so important that he had to punch the reader in the face with it and as such it was lost. If there is one thing I can't stand as far as forums goes is over sized lettering and alternative coloring, as if the writer assumes what he has to say is so important that he must make it unavoidable, in short it makes the writer come off as a loudmouth douche and should be a ban-able offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shifting gears, is there a way to have more than 2 Characters per account? I'd like to roll (yay for that term actually making sense in this game) a Wizard and Rogue, but I also want to seriously consider the Ranger when its released.

Have some beta keys if anyone is interested in trying out Neverwinter just message me.

I'm sure he had, he just thought it was so important that he had to punch the reader in the face with it and as such it was lost. If there is one thing I can't stand as far as forums goes is over sized lettering and alternative coloring, as if the writer assumes what he has to say is so important that he must make it unavoidable, in short it makes the writer come off as a loudmouth douche and should be a ban-able offense.
    I agree I hate it when someone type's in caps to me lol.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cerkus View Post
    Have some beta keys if anyone is interested in trying out Neverwinter just message me.
    ...you have beta keys to a open beta.

brb 1 sec........nope the sky isn't falling so its clear what this is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Shifting gears, is there a way to have more than 2 Characters per account? I'd like to roll (yay for that term actually making sense in this game) a Wizard and Rogue, but I also want to seriously consider the Ranger when its released.
    The easiest way is to make a new account with another email. This is particularly easy if you use an email provider who gives free aliases.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerkus View Post
    1 post and a post about a game in open beta with no beta keys? Got to be a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    The easiest way is to make a new account with another email. This is particularly easy if you use an email provider who gives free aliases.

1 post and a post about a game in open beta with no beta keys? Got to be a bot.
    Actually six, but who's counting? And Neverwinter sent out some beta keys to me today so I was under the impression you may still need one. Carry on.

@ Redblade, the moral of the story is you're just looking for a reason to complain. If you don't like the game, don't play. Go back to WoW and win there. You can't complain about grinding AD in 1 game, then login and do 25 dailies on WoW, or do you complain about that grindfest too? You choose to play your way. If you want everything free it takes time, sorry about your desire for instant gratification. Life doesn't work that way... just like if you're baseball team loses... the other team is better than yours.

Too many special snowflakes out there that think the game should cater them... you know what, there is a game that caters to your playstyle somewhere... this isn't it... keep looking.

Amazing Sig by Eis!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PUT THE TIME INTO IT, YOU CAN EITHER NOT GET IT, OR PAY FOR IT.

THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF FREE TO PLAY GAMES. THEY ARE COMPLETELY FREE TO PLAY BUT HAVE A MICROTRANSACTION METHOD TO ALLOW FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT HUGE AMOUNTS OF TIME TO PAY SOME MONEY TO EXPERIENCE THE FULL GAME.
    No it's not. Those aren't F2P games, just games advertised as such.
    The point of f2p is to get a large audience that love the game and make money on adjacent stuff, not directly selling power in game.
    The perfect example is DOTA 2 vs LoL, first one is F2P second one isn't, even though Riot are doing a really fine job hiding it. Neverwinter online is not even bothering to hide it and it's one of the most $$$ greedy systems out there and somehow people like you are insisting it's F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    No it's not. Those aren't F2P games, just games advertised as such.
    The point of f2p is to get a large audience that love the game and make money on adjacent stuff, not directly selling power in game.
    The perfect example is DOTA 2 vs LoL, first one is F2P second one isn't, even though Riot are doing a really fine job hiding it. Neverwinter online is not even bothering to hide it and it's one of the most $$$ greedy systems out there and somehow people like you are insisting it's F2P.
    League of legends isn't f2p?

Riiiigghhhhhtttt

(Proof that anyone will call almost anything that is f2p p2w)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by AestostheInsane View Post
    If you don't like the game, don't play.
    Didn't once say that I didn't like the game, nor that I liked it for that matter.

Go back to WoW and win there. You can't complain about grinding AD in 1 game, then login and do 25 dailies on WoW, or do you complain about that grindfest too?
    Not played WoW in a couple of years by now...

You choose to play your way. If you want everything free it takes time, sorry about your desire for instant gratification. Life doesn't work that way... just like if you're baseball team loses... the other team is better than yours.
    The irony...

Again you assume things, I never said that I want things here and now (the people forking over cash to bypass playing the game is paying for insta gratification though).

Too many special snowflakes out there that think the game should cater them... you know what, there is a game that caters to your playstyle somewhere... this isn't it... keep looking.
    Game != payment system...

Besides, I play what ever game I very well please thank you very much.