game is fun. but i can't see myself playing it a whole lot after the 'new and shiny' factor wears off.

i know the rooting was a design decision (or so they say), but i hate it. i hate being stuck in an animation and not being able to move. especially when you consider that my ping from Australia is at least 200, possibly more, since i doubt their servers are as good as WoW's. right now it's ok, since nothing hits hard enough to matter, but i can't see hard content being possible.

did my first 5man. spent 90% of it holding down left click. no one needed any healing (i'm a cleric), which was good i suppose, since there's little chance i could target them quickly, or at all.

the models are great. all those big orcs and ogres look badass. controls and movement is very fluid (apart from the rooting).

if it's true that there's not much chance of being competitive without forking out, then that's disappointing.

pvp is very unbalanced, but that's easily fixed.

having the quests read to you is awesome. i especially love that you can walk away and keep listening to it. so you don't have to stand there and wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of gold. Is there any use for it, other than Pots , Injury Kits and the starter Mount? Something i might be missing?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Speaking of gold. Is there any use for it, other than Pots , Injury Kits and the starter Mount? Something i might be missing?
    Nope. It's basically a fake currency, not even used on the AH. Probably the first reason why people think this game is either P2W or just a bad F2P game. Neither scenario is entirely true, but the currency is nothing short of a fiasco and does little positive for the game.

If the only excuse they will actually give is that this prevents gold sellers....yeah...that's as bad as saying DRM is being put in to prevent piracy. This game is really fun and awesome to play free, but it is readily apparent even on the surface that this seeks to extort cash from everyone it can. I don't really know that I can feel ok with that.
    BAD WOLF

I can't stand cleric healing its brain damage inducing. It's actual healing is just spam aoe heals that's quite sad and makes the reticul combat redundant. It's debuff healing is chaos. All the mobs scrunch together so it's almost impossible to get them all debuffed not to mention the auto tracking on reticul even furthers hinders this (when you put a debuff on a mob and you want to debuff the one next to it when you move your cursor it auto moves back to the other target).

I love healing but this is the most boring annoying healing anything I have ever played. I guess my only option is TR or GF since CW and GWF are just aoe spams for dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If the only excuse they will actually give is that this prevents gold sellers....yeah...that's as bad as saying DRM is being put in to prevent piracy.
    Wouldn't gold sellers become AD sellers instead? From hacked accounts, etc? Doesn't make any sense then. Not sure why im bothering to run over all the flashy pixels on the ground then. I don't die often enough to need over 20 gold (like i have now) for injury kits.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-05-09 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Wouldn't gold sellers become AD sellers instead? From hacked accounts, etc? Doesn't make any sense then. Not sure why im bothering to run over all the flashy pixels on the ground then. I don't die often enough to need over 20 gold (like i have now) for injury kits.
    Is it even possible to mail AD? (or gold for that matter)
    If not, then they can't really sell gold/AD very well as they wouldn't be able to mail you your purchase.

I kind of feel like gold is for pots/firstaid kits, so essentially repair bills whereas AD is the gold currency in other games.
    This way, you don't have to worry about repair bills chipping into your AHing ect I guess. I might be totally misinterpreting the system.

*Unrelated note,
    Anyone feel like giving BoE blues for placing first in a battleground is amazing? You can make 5,000 AD easy off these pieces.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-05-09 at 02:51 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Is it even possible to mail AD? (or gold for that matter)
    If not, then they can't really sell gold/AD very well as they wouldn't be able to mail you your purchase.

I kind of feel like gold is for pots/firstaid kits, so essentially repair bills whereas AD is the gold currency in other games.
    This way, you don't have to worry about repair bills chipping into your AHing ect I guess. I might be totally misinterpreting the system.

*Unrelated note,
    Anyone feel like giving BoE blues for placing first in a battleground is amazing? You can make 5,000 AD easy off these pieces.
    To answer your question you can not trade AD or Zin.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    whereas AD is the gold currency in other games.
    If gold in other games was impractical and required tedious activities or gimmicks to obtain, then it would be like that. Unfortunately it's its own beast. If the auction house used gold or you could exchange gold for AD I wouldn't think it was such an issue.
    BAD WOLF

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could always trade AD through the auction house, though then you have the game slurping up a large chunk of AD.

I still wish they'd add some more search parameters (categories and such) to the Foundry, as well as giving it pages or something to stop my game from dropping to 10 fps when I open the "For review" tab.

I am yet again reminded why I hate the introduction of LFD to MMOs with every fiber of my being...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    I am yet again reminded why I hate the introduction of LFD to MMOs with every fiber of my being...

You hate LFD for....statistics?...which were added 3rd-party to most games LONG before their LFD features?

I have to admit I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, I expected it to look a lot campier with Cryptic behind the development. I like it being 4e-based instead of 3.X, but that's my bias talking since that's my fav edition. I hope we get some more classes at, or shortly after launch, even if they're for-pay. Kinda wish they'd trade Guardian Fighter for Paladin, little more variety IMO. I really hope there's a gold-to-AD conversion rate added at some point, at least for the AH.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You hate LFD for....statistics?...which were added 3rd-party to most games LONG before their LFD features?
    No I hate the fact that in a group of 5 we had no proper healer to start with, two of us where arguably doing the heavy lifting among the 4 DPS, I could have saved the damage taken where the "tank" was only slightly ahead of everyone else but figured the damage screen would tell enough.

The whole concept is to add convenience and the price is the need to carry shit players or loss of time being unable to complete basic dungeons due to the very same players.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-05-09 at 06:17 AM.

No I hate the fact that in a group of 5 we had no proper healer to start with, two of us where arguably doing the heavy lifting among the 4 DPS, I could have saved the damage taken where the "tank" was only slightly ahead of everyone else but figured the damage screen would tell enough.
    I was in a failed Mad God group earlier. I was the lowest level, and a CW, and I had over 500k damage and the next closest (GWF) had around 350. And they wall whined about how the CW (me) couldn't keep up in damage on the boss, as if I was expected to solo all the adds while they pewpewed the boss.

10+ Year Old Account

The whole concept is to add convenience and the price is the need to carry shit players or loss of time being unable to complete basic dungeons due to the very same players.
    That's not really the fault of the system. As far as I can tell, it's not expressly designed around a trinity, D&D never was. It utilizes some trinity mechanics, and 4e is arguably the one to use them to the highest degree, but even still, no class has ever been a dedicated tank or healer. Every class has always been pure DPS or a hybrid.

The issue at hand is pretty much just that dungeons aren't designed for the potential groups that will be in them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Not sure if this has been answered at all, but how in the world do you download the open beta? The download just sits at 0% and goes nowhere and the Torrent literally has nothing going for it showing as an average 5 day completion time.

Any suggestions? I tried the alternative sites provided like GamersHell, but the zip files seem to always unpack without all the necessary files (setup.exe).

The torrent started out really slow for me, but picked up after an hour or so. How many seeders are you connected to?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's not really the fault of the system. As far as I can tell, it's not expressly designed around a trinity, D&D never was. It utilizes some trinity mechanics, and 4e is arguably the one to use them to the highest degree, but even still, no class has ever been a dedicated tank or healer. Every class has always been pure DPS or a hybrid.

The issue at hand is pretty much just that dungeons aren't designed for the potential groups that will be in them.
    Well then we're back to the DPS issue and carrying of shit players, either way LFD as a concept is partially at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    The torrent started out really slow for me, but picked up after an hour or so. How many seeders are you connected to?
    I honestly didn't check before just giving up. Just really frustrating in general that the use of a Torrent is the best way to get their game.

I'm going to try the zip file from GameFront and if that doesn't unpack successfully like the other had then I'll use the Torrent.

Think I'm done with the game. i just can't deal with mobs that do very little but take forever to kill. first dungeon is just filled with them and makes the whole place a chore. combat system is fun but gameplay wise tera did it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then we're back to the DPS issue and carrying of shit players, either way LFD as a concept is partially at fault.
    Well it's not like LFD can ever have a "don't queue me with shit players" function, since I'm sure that everyone's measure of "shit" is different.

Just, be kind.