Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well it's not like LFD can ever have a "don't queue me with shit players" function, since I'm sure that everyone's measure of "shit" is different.
    And that's a part of why LFD is a horrible concept for anything but convenience. Anyway shouldn't derail this down a long winded 'why LFD blows' rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    And that's a part of why LFD is a horrible concept for anything but convenience. Anyway shouldn't derail this down a long winded 'why LFD blows' rant.
    LFD is fine when a majority of people outgear the content, OR when you are some of the first people to make it to the content, because it works. (Or the content is pathetically easy).

LFD is not fine when all the previous content is easy, as is all the content in the dungeon until the last boss, which is still easy but people don't know what to do. Knowledge is half the battle! :P

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    LFD is fine when a majority of people outgear the content, OR when you are some of the first people to make it to the content, because it works. (Or the content is pathetically easy).

LFD is not fine when all the previous content is easy, as is all the content in the dungeon until the last boss, which is still easy but people don't know what to do. Knowledge is half the battle! :P
    Yeah I know, I also know all to well what type of player it benefits and who pays the price, so did Blizzard for sure when they introduced it to WoW and as such spread the cancer that is LFD to all MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm just gonna sit here in my corner and wait until the Paladin is available; instead of burning out on a class I am not very interested in.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well it's not like LFD can ever have a "don't queue me with shit players" function, since I'm sure that everyone's measure of "shit" is different.
    Without trying to sound like an elitist, you can usually get a measure of how shit they are when /w goes through before inv. I'm not talking about the gear itself either.

Personally, the whole random que for dungeons feature gives me the feeling of bad blind date systems. Those that you just want to get over with ASAP.

Deleted
    Are Barbarians available yet?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it's legal (Under ToS) to do this:

1. Create 3 other accounts.
    2. Level a character to level 11 on each account.
    3. Invoke daily and refine astral diamonds.
    4. List some bulls**t item on AH on my main account.
    5. Buy it from my other accounts as a way to transfer AD to my main account.

I mean, did someone try it before? Can I get banned for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Hello everyone,

I doubt you could, who's going to report you?

Even if they did have a way to track things like this, the amount of people doing this would be tiny. I think i'm going to be making another account, just to get some more character slots and advoid having to buy them. Nothing in game is account wide, so I don't lose out on mount, gold, AD or item access. Is Zen account wide? Either way you're only buying per-character items with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Hello everyone,

You'd have to read the ToS. I can't see why it would be an issue since you aren't buying/selling stuff with real life money to anywhere but the cash shop. You would have to spend a ton of time doing it was well but w/e.

Also, iirc, your AD rewards increase as your level scales upwards.

Deleted
    or you could just run epic dungeons and sell mats and drops for like 500K AD per day.

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me what trickster is like at max level. I've been playing guardian but the higher I get the less I'm enjoying it since most of the abilities seem to be focusing on knock back/down and stuns.

Or even Gwf if anyone has it at max. No classes seen to fit my play style atm.

So, now the game has been in open beta for quite some time and people seem to have been leveling up and stuff... so just some quick questions for those who know:

First of all, can you buy the best gear available in the game for real cash?
    2: if someone spend 100 dollars on AD, how long would that take for the average joe to farm (Not doing the hardest content, or playing the AH, but just the normal average stuff)
    3: What is there to do endgame? And why should you even do endgame if you can buy the best gear for real cash (Only relevant if number one is yes)
    4: What kind of PVP is there? How many game types in normal BG's, and is there any kind of competitive pvp like RBG or something like arena?
    5: Does the foundry quests offer any kind of reward, or you do it just for fun?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    So, now the game has been in open beta for quite some time and people seem to have been leveling up and stuff... so just some quick questions for those who know:

First of all, can you buy the best gear available in the game for real cash?
    2: if someone spend 100 dollars on AD, how long would that take for the average joe to farm (Not doing the hardest content, or playing the AH, but just the normal average stuff)
    3: What is there to do endgame? And why should you even do endgame if you can buy the best gear for real cash (Only relevant if number one is yes)
    4: What kind of PVP is there? How many game types in normal BG's, and is there any kind of competitive pvp like RBG or something like arena?
    5: Does the foundry quests offer any kind of reward, or you do it just for fun?

Thanks in advance.
    1/2. If you bought 100 dollars of Zen and traded for AD, you could probably get most things in the game right now. It's in beta, so the real end game gear might not even be in the game yet (so real BIS might be BoP. We have no idea yet)
    3. It's in beta. Right now there's only 5 man dungeons and 5 man PvP in. We know that 20v20 pvp is coming (grymgault or something) and they have hinted at raids. So there is no endgame because it's not in the game yet.
    4. 5v5 dominion pvp, 20v20 is coming.
    5. It's for exp / AD daily and offers a thing of loot at the end (usually not great). It's mainly for fun.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Currently *IMO* only the packs worth the money. You get a good mount, a wep and enchant, plus the most valuable the 3 more char slots for future use.

Anyway, this game is really not WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Can anyone tell me what trickster is like at max level. I've been playing guardian but the higher I get the less I'm enjoying it since most of the abilities seem to be focusing on knock back/down and stuns.

Or even Gwf if anyone has it at max. No classes seen to fit my play style atm.
    I've played neither of them, I play a Cleric. But TR does seem to have very high-burst single target damage, they can drop somebody really fast in PvP I've noticed. As for GWF I've heard there terrible at low levels but they get better around 30+.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    the games great and all but im sure it would be better with a leveling buddy

10+ Year Old Account
    So far this is what I have noticed for dungeons and classes.

Guardian - Tank boss
    Cleric - Heal people
    CW - Crowd control the adds
    GWF - Kill the adds
    TR - Kill the boss

Now if only the LFD would make groups like this, instead of, IE: 2 TR 1 Guardian 2 clerics.

Get loot, sell loot for AD.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    the games great and all but im sure it would be better with a leveling buddy
    Where are you from? I also think it would be fun with a leveling partner while skyping

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    So far this is what I have noticed for dungeons and classes.

Guardian - Tank boss
    Cleric - Heal people
    CW - Crowd control the adds and massive amount of AOE damage
    GWF - Kill the adds
    TR - Kill the boss

Now if only the LFD would make groups like this, instead of, IE: 2 TR 1 Guardian 2 clerics.

Get loot, sell loot for AD.
    Fixed that for you. =P I'm level 45 and some of my AOE abilities are critting for 5,000 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    I had a Dungeon run earlier that consisted of 3 Clerics. One left and we ended up with 2 Clerics (including me), 2 Wizards and a Rogue.

I'd say to anyone who hits 60 and wants gear upgrades, PvP. I spent all evening yesterday and most of this morning grinding out my 4/4 PvP armour set and weapon. I'm missing an off hand, but that's no big deal. I'm now sitting on just over 8k gearscore (yes, even the game uses this to judge what dungeons you can enter), so I can enter all but the 3 hardest dungeons.

I'd also suggest grinding out either the Cloak Tower or the other low level Epic Dungeon. You get Unicorn tokens from those which allows you to buy 2 rings, a belt and necklace upgrade. You're going to need 160 of them to get all those, but each boss drops 3-4, plus you get extra when it's Dungeon Delve time. I'd advoid spending those tokens on gear, since the PvP gear comes MUCH faster (you need like 60 tokens for 1 armour piece), plus the PvP gear has either comparable or better stats.

I've still not spent a single penny on the game (nor do I intend to) and i'm able to experience pretty much all the content. Yes, it's easier to PvP to get into PvE content, but it's that or spend ages grinding the level 60 dungeon, or grinding monsters for rare drops.