Page 1 of 192
... LastLast

[Megathread] Neverwinter Online

Anyone have any info how how movement is controlled? Even the main website doesnt have that kind of information. From what ive seen, the left mouse button controls a spell as well as the right mouse button controlling a spell. So it seems it might be a mix of Diablo 3 and DCUO movement. Just curious.
    Kinda interested in the game, but how you control your character is fairly important to me.

Official Site
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/

Fan Site
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/neverwin...layer-handbook
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-05-03 at 11:21 PM.

Probably wasd.

So probably more like DCUO, and not like WOW, where holding down both mouse buttons=move foward, or holding left or right mouse button rotates screens.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would assume like skyrim

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 05:34 AM ----------

also... you know your signature just links to the battle.net home paage for wow right?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    As long its not click to move like diablo style games I'm happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mear View Post
    As long its not click to move like diablo style games I'm happy.
    Actually I'm hoping it would be. The old NW games look like Dragon Age series which worked just fine with point and click so if the new one is like that too, it would be great if it would have less action and more of the thinking and pausing .. even though, if it's online, I guess the pausing is out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Actually I'm hoping it would be. The old NW games look like Dragon Age series which worked just fine with point and click so if the new one is like that too, it would be great if it would have less action and more of the thinking and pausing .. even though, if it's online, I guess the pausing is out
    Best chance for that is Project Eternity. It's essentially gonna be an actual successor to the Baldur's Gate games, made by many of the people involved with those games. True, blue isometric 2D RPG. I believe Wasteland 2 is heading down that general direction as well; I haven't been monitoring its development as closely.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Best chance for that is Project Eternity. It's essentially gonna be an actual successor to the Baldur's Gate games, made by many of the people involved with those games. True, blue isometric 2D RPG. I believe Wasteland 2 is heading down that general direction as well; I haven't been monitoring its development as closely.
    I still have this bookmarked for lols when it's released.

Deleted
    Never heard of it..:P So I looked it up.. and then I had to look up just what is isometric.. and just no. I just like the Dragon Age series and less action, more thinking in games, not granny and grandpa games that look like were meant for black and white TVs or something No offense. There is nothing wrong in being nostalgic though if you grew up with these games but I never played any 2d games and the oldest games I remember was Runescape and Sacrifice and the Black and White series. I also played NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer and really liked it but it was voice acted and 3D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of it..:P So I looked it up.. and then I had to look up just what is isometric.. and just no. I just like the Dragon Age series and less action, more thinking in games, not granny and grandpa games that look like were meant for black and white TVs or something No offense. There is nothing wrong in being nostalgic though if you grew up with these games but I never played any 2d games and the oldest games I remember was Runescape and Sacrifice and the Black and White series. I also played NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer and really liked it but it was voice acted and 3D.
    Dear, have you ever played the Infinity Engine games?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Dear, have you ever played the Infinity Engine games?
    Another job for Google... aaand no They came out when I was 6-10 so I had no interest in them then and later when I got into RPGs, which was nearly a decade later, they were already too old, looked ugly, had no voice acting and so on. No voice acting was why I never played Morrowind either even though I liked Oblivion. It's not that I'm too lazy to read the text, it's just not immersive enough or I don't know..

Granny and grandpa games indeed... How dare ye!

Surely the success of Faster then Light tells you that graphics are not a huge factor, if you've never played a 2d isometric RPG then you're definitely missing out and i suggest you give them a go before passing judgement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Granny and grandpa games indeed... How dare ye!

Surely the success of Faster then Light tells you that graphics are not a huge factor, if you've never played a 2d isometric RPG then you're definitely missing out and i suggest you give them a go before passing judgement.
    I never said that just because they're not for me, they're not for anyone. There are a lot of nostalgic old timers around after all (I really do hope you don't take these comments completely seriously. People get too easily offended on these forums).

But for me, what matter most is the atmosphere and that unfortunately is created with good graphics, good music and good voice acting as well as a good story or setting. The old style games may get the last part right but the other ones.. not so much.

I never said that just because they're not for me, they're not for anyone. There are a lot of nostalgic old timers around after all (I really do hope you don't take these comments completely seriously. People get too easily offended on these forums).

But for me, what matter most is the atmosphere and that unfortunately is created with good graphics, good music and good voice acting as well as a good story or setting. The old style games may get the last part right but the other ones.. not so much.

Don't worry about me i don't get offended easily as long as the conservation remains civil.

See that's where i think you're wrong, Project Eternity a Isometric RPG managed 73,986 backers and raised $4,163,208, the highest funded crowd sourced video game on Kickstarter Link. Which is amazing, if you haven't played that kind of game how can you claim that they don't have atmosphere, because i can a sure you that is definitely not the case. (At least for me)

EDIT: So go buy one, i suggest Baldur's Gate 2 or the Icewind Dale series and give it a crack.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2013-01-31 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another job for Google... aaand no They came out when I was 6-10 so I had no interest in them then and later when I got into RPGs, which was nearly a decade later, they were already too old, looked ugly, had no voice acting and so on. No voice acting was why I never played Morrowind either even though I liked Oblivion. It's not that I'm too lazy to read the text, it's just not immersive enough or I don't know..
    The biggest immersion killer in Oblivion was the lack of good voice acting. Oh, sure, Sir Patrick Stewart for a bit role that lasted 10 minutes, but all the peasants and generic brigands were played by the same two or three people. Yahtzee spent a lot of time harping on this.

Voice acting is useless if it's not well done, and voice acting thousands of lines costs thousands and thousands of dollars - money that isn't being spent on making the game good, just making it flashy.

Planescape Torment is the most immersive game I've ever played and there are, like, a hundred voiced lines in the entire game.

http://youtu.be/QlfXw3_o3tg?t=1m22s

You google too little.

Deleted
    The biggest immersion killer in Oblivion was the lack of good voice acting. Oh, sure, Sir Patrick Stewart for a bit role that lasted 10 minutes, but all the peasants and generic brigands were played by the same two or three people. Yahtzee spent a lot of time harping on this.

Voice acting is useless if it's not well done, and voice acting thousands of lines costs thousands and thousands of dollars - money that isn't being spent on making the game good, just making it flashy.

Planescape Torment is the most immersive game I've ever played and there are, like, a hundred voiced lines in the entire game.
    Ok, I agree that Oblivion voice acting wasn't it's greatest feature. Still, it made the world come alive. Silent NPCs just feel.. off somehow. I don't know, maybe it's because I grew up on voice acted games and take it for granted. I never said they were bad games though, they just look so bad on the pictures and videos I've seen that I don't really want to try them.. Might give the new one a try though at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I agree that Oblivion voice acting wasn't it's greatest feature. Still, it made the world come alive. Silent NPCs just feel.. off somehow. I don't know, maybe it's because I grew up on voice acted games and take it for granted. I never said they were bad games though, they just look so bad on the pictures and videos I've seen that I don't really want to try them.. Might give the new one a try though at some point.
    You're missing out

10+ Year Old Account
    He has special eyes yako.

Quote Originally Posted by Driizzt View Post
    Anyone have any info how how movement is controlled? Even the main website doesnt have that kind of information. From what ive seen, the left mouse button controls a spell as well as the right mouse button controlling a spell. So it seems it might be a mix of Diablo 3 and DCUO movement. Just curious.
    Kinda interested in the game, but how you control your character is fairly important to me.
    If you mean the MMO it looks action oriented like Tera and Raiderz.
    Check the media-> videos section it shows some of the classes.