Page 2 of 192 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I figure I'd post this in here instead of making a new thread. Anyone playing in the beta this weekend? If so, how do you like it?

I'm vaguely interested in it but am not interested in it enough to plop down $60 just to participate in the betas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I figure I'd post this in here instead of making a new thread. Anyone playing in the beta this weekend? If so, how do you like it?

I'm vaguely interested in it but am not interested in it enough to plop down $60 just to participate in the betas.
    I'm with you, if they'd meet me somewhere in the middle of that price, i'd tempt myself, 60$ for a beta key and some "exclusive" stuff , nah thanks.
    I have been watching the streams for it though, it seems like a very solid game, i feel like the combat looks a bit like Dragon Age 2 ? At least it does to me. Theres only 5 classes ( ='( ) , the immersion seems good, and theres many references for people that played NwN and NwN2. Although if people are expecting a NwN3 , gameplay wise they will be disapointed. I'll play it whenever it launches , or they care to allow my PCGamer Beta key to participate in one of the events.

EDIT: Would be nice if some Mod could change the title to a [Megathread] type of thread to avoid having multiple threads, Neverwinter won't be new forever =p
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-09 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

So far I think it's Path of Exile in MMO-form, very few abilities, a huge focus on dungeons and health potions can be spammed.
    Compared to any other current MMO, yeah it's ok, and the foundry is gonna be a feature that sets Neverwinter apart from most of the others.

But if you consider that this is Neverwinter, and something they did instead of doing NwN3; it's pretty bad so far, give me my RPG back instead.

I have incredibly fond memories of Neverwinter Nights and especially the player created modules with it. It was my first exposure to online gaming. I was kind of hoping this would be an expansion of that but up to modern standards and technical capability.

Was sorta expecting some beta key giveaways for this weekend, sad that I didn't spot any. Oh well, there's always the next one.

Total Biscuit had a video up on this:

In it the developer describes Neverwinter as an Action-RPG flat out. Not sure if that is true by genre, so much as the developer was saying Neverwinter is an Action RPG. Note the hyphen.

Seems reasonable someone would say it was "Path of Exile in MMO form". I'll buy that in spirit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the link Fercers, that has actually got me quite intrigued.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aah right I'd completely forgotten I'd gotten an email about some "founder pack" thing. Better try out the game I suppose.

EDIT: Bahahaha. $199 for the founder pack? $549 value? Yeah. Right. I mean seriously, "Robe of Useless Items"? Really now?
    Last edited by Static Transit; 2013-02-10 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Aah right I'd completely forgotten I'd gotten an email about some "founder pack" thing. Better try out the game I suppose.

EDIT: Bahahaha. $199 for the founder pack? $549 value? Yeah. Right. I mean seriously, "Robe of Useless Items"? Really now?
    People pay big money for that stuff, it's nuts.

Tbh I dont think you get that pack to get your moneys worth, more to support the developer. But honestly the $20 one should have came with a beta invite as well

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Tbh I dont think you get that pack to get your moneys worth, more to support the developer. But honestly the $20 one should have came with a beta invite as well
    yep would def by it right away. even if it was just one beta.

Im interested in this game because i think the playstyle is going to be similar to what TESO is gonna be. Its F2P too so could be a great game to play on the side with another game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the Ign video doesnt look to be anything special may give this a miss and hope Eso isnt a failure
    that and perfect world stilll gives me shudders
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    /Agreed 10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I never said that just because they're not for me, they're not for anyone. There are a lot of nostalgic old timers around after all (I really do hope you don't take these comments completely seriously. People get too easily offended on these forums).

But for me, what matter most is the atmosphere and that unfortunately is created with good graphics, good music and good voice acting as well as a good story or setting. The old style games may get the last part right but the other ones.. not so much.
    Im not offended. I am sad though. An RPG fan who doesnt play old RPGs and 2D RPGS... its like my little brother. Him and his friends call each other gamers, but the ONLY games they play start with halo and end with a number. Its a damn shame.

I dont plan on having kids, but if I do, and they like gaming, the first console they get to play is SNES. (NES ( /waves at battletoads and zelda 2) games were rough for me when I was 5, so ill cut them some slack =P).

Indeed, I would have ponied up for the $20 pack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Received this in mail and since I don't have that much friends, figured I might as well share this here:

You must gather your party before venturing forth - into Neverwinter Alpha end-game content! Thank you for participating in one of our Neverwinter Alpha playtests this year! We are now entering the focus on end-game content. That means that we will need organized groups dungeon delving in Neverwinter, and there is no better way than to invite your friends!

Friend Keys:
    HYS75-M1E-98XD
    WYS73-K6X-33AB

Your friends can redeem their Alpha Keys here, and then download the client here.

Playtest dates and times are as follows:
    February 19th: 4pm - 9pm Pacific (PST)
    February 20th: 4pm - 9pm Pacific (PST)
    February 21th: 4pm - 9pm Pacific (PST)

End-game content is this:

Whispering Caverns (59-60)
    Deep underground in the Underdark is mysterious locale known as the Whispering Caverns. Drow lurk in their stronghold, trading duergar slaves with the horrific mind flayers. Why do the illithid flock to these bizarre ancient ruins?

Castle Never (60+ dungeon)
    Castle Never has been abandoned since Mount Hotenow destroyed much of Neverwinter. Now overrun by ghosts and monsters, it is challenge worthy of only the greatest of adventurers. Gather your party before venturing forth!

(The Shady Patron will be available immediately after character creation, just past Sergeant Knox, to level you up for this week's content.)

Have fun & stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

Selling Beta Access is terrible design. They should've sold access to the game, with some amazing freebies given with it, and access to all the Beta Weekends. If the game will cost $60 at launch, charge them $60 now, and give them 5 days early access on launch, along with Beta & Rewards. Just a few good reasons are:

• Cash Flow - One of the biggest killers for profitability of all companies is Cash Flow. One of the greatest strengths Blizzard has is that World of Warcraft provides them with a monthly income.
    • Constant Feedback - At this early stage, the entire game could change so having more people involved in the Beta would give an enormous amount of data, information and feedback that is invaluable.
    • Early interest & Marketing - Having people eager to play your game before you've even finished is great for marketing, and marketing the hell out of it is going to help, which can be achieved with a Cash Flow!

@hyve

Pretty sure they are selling access to the game... Its called beta access, the game is F2P from the ground up so they sold access to anyone who wants in the beta and you gotta pay alot more than 60 bucks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    @hyve

Pretty sure they are selling access to the game... Its called beta access, the game is F2P from the ground up so they sold access to anyone who wants in the beta and you gotta pay alot more than 60 bucks for that.
    Ahh, sorry. Didn't realise the game is Free-to-Play. I thought it would follow the same design of the other games.