Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I was wondering if it was leveling up into the 30s or what, but they also seem to have doubled the AD reward.
    Make absolutely no sense if they doubled the reward as well. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Make absolutely no sense if they doubled the reward as well. =/
    Maybe encouraging people to spend time playing story content instead of the ogre brute leveling farms?

Maybe encouraging people to spend time playing story content instead of the ogre brute leveling farms?
    I suppose, if nothing else I'd say it's a shitty design though, demanding your player play twice as much to get daily rewards. Not a huge fan of dailies in the first place though, Rift does it best with the ability to stack up to 7 daily rewards thus not forcing you to play every day for X amount of time.

I suppose, if nothing else I'd say it's a shitty design though, demanding your player play twice as much to get daily rewards. Not a huge fan of dailies in the first place though, Rift does it best with the ability to stack up to 7 daily rewards thus not forcing you to play every day for X amount of time.
    The dailies don't expire. So you can do one today and one in three days then turn the quest in.

The dailies don't expire. So you can do one today and one in three days then turn the quest in.
    You missed the point, the Rift system allows you to do 3 dailies in one day, if you have enough saved up. Basically it gives the player the controll over how he plays the game for the coming 7 days instead of forcing you to log in every day, if you want to maximize you daily rewards that is, and I think we established that as a free player you really need that.

No idea why I managed to pick up an old dungeon daily but decided to solo it for the lulz, Cragmire Crypts was doable solo at 37, a pain in the ass time wise but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Hey guys quick question.

If I buy zen or anything with Zen(IE. a mount) is it only activated for that character?

I kind of want to buy a mount for my control wizard but I don't know if its going to be my main yet.

Anyone else playing a CW that can commend on later levels? I'm only level 16 at the moment.
    Only good for the toon you buy/use the thing on.

As for playing classes right now... I'd say ignore how easy/hard things feel (I know that is really hard to do). Try to base it on the general feel of the skills, if you like to be in the back casting spells/cc'ing things etc. The classes are majorly unbalanced at this point and they will have to tweak pretty much all the classes before too long here.

Deleted
    this game is strangely entertaining o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    this game is strangely entertaining o_o
    Yes... It's... Strangely alluring...

Like a sirens call... lulling my wallet out of my pocket...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I just hope the end game won't be terrible. I don't want this to be another AoC. You know, Strong first impressions, terrible afterwards.
    They don't need to be rushing this out. There's no reason to really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to take a liking to this game, Playing a Thief at the moment.. Loving the utility, I'm only level 10 as of now.

Quick question; How do I check my in game ping? Every time I've asked people they either ignore me or don't know themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    I'm starting to take a liking to this game, Playing a Thief at the moment.. Loving the utility, I'm only level 10 as of now.

Quick question; How do I check my in game ping? Every time I've asked people they either ignore me or don't know themselves.
    It's a (Trickster) Rogue not a Thief, for benefit of others reading this.

Ping = /netgraph 1
    FPS = /showfps 1

Use 0 instead of 1 to disable both.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I just hope the end game won't be terrible. I don't want this to be another AoC. You know, Strong first impressions, terrible afterwards.
    They don't need to be rushing this out. There's no reason to really.
    In addition to dungeons and (hard mode dungeons I think?),
    So far, for end game, we know there's going to be a 20v20 pvp map. They've hinted at raids in a few interviews but it's unclear.

I suspect that foundrys that become very popular and are considered "good" by the development team will be turned into level 60 hard modes, maybe tuned for group content and NPCs voiced.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

So I was wondering what is everyone's /played? Mine is 7 hours and 30 minutes and I'm level 12.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose, if nothing else I'd say it's a shitty design though, demanding your player play twice as much to get daily rewards.
    Not only that, but the time required to complete all of these now is insane. Just waiting for a group and completing the harder dungeons takes hours+ from design and player incompetence. This is an awful development. Kinda put me off on playing yesterday to be honest.

Only had a little bit of time to play, queued for a dungeon during the bonus chest period, couldn't even complete the dungeon because we had someone with awful dps and it's a hard check on the last boss. Spent the only 2 hours I had to play wiping on a dragon, got no rewards, and I still have 0/2 for a daily that used to be easily accomplished.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Hey guys quick question.

If I buy zen or anything with Zen(IE. a mount) is it only activated for that character?

I kind of want to buy a mount for my control wizard but I don't know if its going to be my main yet.

Anyone else playing a CW that can commend on later levels? I'm only level 16 at the moment.
    If you read the mounts that you are looking at, it says that its for each character, rather than individual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    loads of fps spikes recently.. i use 7950 and windows 7 64

but the whole group were complaining about it and some were using nvidia so its the game and not you.
    Same her i use 6950 instead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Not only that, but the time required to complete all of these now is insane. Just waiting for a group and completing the harder dungeons takes hours+ from design and player incompetence. This is an awful development. Kinda put me off on playing yesterday to be honest.

Only had a little bit of time to play, queued for a dungeon during the bonus chest period, couldn't even complete the dungeon because we had someone with awful dps and it's a hard check on the last boss. Spent the only 2 hours I had to play wiping on a dragon, got no rewards, and I still have 0/2 for a daily that used to be easily accomplished.
    Tips for a painless Mad Dragon run:

0. Get a tank, i.e. a Guardian. It can be done with a skilled Rogue or even a GWF. But a Guardian saves a lot of trouble. Getting a Control Wizard for their aoe and aoe CC also helps a lot. Recruit or respond via Zone chat instead of using the queue, so you can avoid groups that have no tanks and preferably pick up a CW.
    1. Tank in a corner: tank the dragon in a corner against a wall so his aoe is only a nuisance to the tank. This eliminates almost all aoe and knockbacks. This boss is easily tanked unlike later bosses.
    2. Hug the healer: everyone else stay as close to the tank as possible, especially the healer, without being in range of the aoe or tail swipe, i.e. to the sides.
    3. Prioritise adds: all dps should prioritise the adds first before the boss, especially the ranged/mage enemies who will create aoe and eviscerate your healer if left alone. If the healer is doing their job well, the adds will rush to them, so try not to leave the healer's side because then they have to travel to heal between two+ groups, which also leaves them vulnerable.

I cannot emphasize the last one enough.

A final option is to have two clerics, one for the tank and one for the dps and they should understand they may need to cross-heal each other when necessary, due to their pitiful self-healing. The advantage of this setup is that everyone does not have to clump together anywhere near as much, though the adds cleric will be getting a ton of pressure, so they should be the higher level or better skilled healer (at that level, minimum of high uptime on Astral Seal yellow circle thing on every target being attacked and good repositioning). Healer's gear does not matter at all at this level though.

With the above setup, the fight is far less of a gear check than you think. You just need to keep on top of the relatively infrequent adds and even the worst geared group will have a ton of spare time to dps the boss.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-05-08 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I cannot emphasize the last one enough.
    I cannot emphasize enough how in a random group from the queue I can't magically play 4 other people. It's like you read what I wrote and thought I needed some profound advice on how to play my character. I get it, trying to be helpful, but to someone who has played MMO's and raided competitively for over 7 years, your post comes across as patronizing at best(though I'm sure not intentionally).

Yes, the dragon was a dps check. If even one person is incompetent, your group fails. End of story. Not to mention that there aren't enough variety of mobs to have these things take 1hr +. At least BRD had different mobs, a variety of bosses, and several interesting areas. The dungeons in this game seem to be copy pasta of the same 3 mobs plus a reskinned boss with the same 3-5 abilities.

Additionally, being unable to go through mobs is horribly awkward in dungeons. The adds can teleport inside of the bosses so you can't even hit them. It's quite stupid. As a last statement, having to do what you have outlined to complete a leveling dungeon is fairly ridiculous and not for most players. IE, designed poorly.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I cannot emphasize enough how in a random group from the queue I can't magically play 4 other people. It's like you read what I wrote and thought I needed some profound advice on how to play my character. I get it, trying to be helpful, but to someone who has played MMO's and raided competitively for over 7 years, your post comes across as patronizing at best(though I'm sure not intentionally).

Yes, the dragon was a dps check. If even one person is incompetent, your group fails. End of story. Not to mention that there aren't enough variety of mobs to have these things take 1hr +. At least BRD had different mobs, a variety of bosses, and several interesting areas. The dungeons in this game seem to be copy pasta of the same 3 mobs plus a reskinned boss with the same 3-5 abilities.

Additionally, being unable to go through mobs is horribly awkward in dungeons. The adds can teleport inside of the bosses so you can't even hit them. It's quite stupid. As a last statement, having to do what you have outlined to complete a leveling dungeon is fairly ridiculous and not for most players. IE, designed poorly.
    Clearly, you are angry from in-game, I understand. This is despite me not mentioning even a single personal thing about your play and very encounter-specific issues. Sure, go ahead and somehow manage to take my informational post personally and lash out at anyone, that's fine too.

But this thread is for everyone, not just you. You bring up a topic, everyone gets to discuss it, including whether you like it or not, as long as it is allowed. I too will contribute however I think is appropriate. If you did not find it useful, then that's ok too, since others may.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-05-08 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and lash out at anyone, that's fine too.
    If you think that is lashing out, you need to move away from Unicorn-Cupcake land and move to the real world.

But this thread is for everyone, not just you
    Then don't quote me and give a post that can be misinterpreted as a response. In fact, you quoted things that had nothing to do with most of what you said and didn't respond to many of my specific points. So yes, this forum is for everyone. Learn to quote and respond appropriately lest you come of as a condescending, defensive individual instead of someone merely trying to help.

To give a good example in this situation, not quoting me at all or quoting a specific line that was a good segue into your post would have been appropriate. Quoting my complaints and then going the route you did is not appropriate and leads to this discourse. Carry on giving helpful advice. Frame it better next time.
    BAD WOLF